New Topic Post Reply  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:21 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

Gombol wrote:
They've spent that time making the game easier for those idiot casuals. "pl0z mke gme ezier blizz, i dnt hve mch time 2 ply!!!!!!"
Oh look another complainer about how WoW's too easy. STFU and go do everything on hardmode if you want challenge's go do all of ICC in blues and greens with the 30% buff turned off, stop bitching about it being too easy when you probably haven't even seen the bosses that really are hard.

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:43 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

raddae wrote:
Well I'm guessing/hoping that they won't touch the character texture maps since they have so many textures for clothing and armor textures that are specifically made for the texture maps used by all the character models, it'd be crazy to have to redo all of them. Plus I'd be pretty mad if they did cuz of all the editing that I've done to my game.

That underlined part, right there, mostly summarizes my reason why I do not see this being a simple content update like how we saw the new druid models. I simply believe, if they are going to do new character models for ALL playable races, it will be a "crazy" amount of time and all that work will be see in an expansion.

As a company base, I would do that. I would rather have ALL of the new character models showcased as the highlight of a new expansion. Simply because it would take a very long time for them to complete.

Theorycrafting: Perhaps that's why they delayed the dance studio they intended to deliver in WoTLK.

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:58 pm 

Well I'm guessing/hoping that they won't touch the character texture maps since they have so many textures for clothing and armor textures that are specifically made for the texture maps used by all the character models, it'd be crazy to have to redo all of them. Plus I'd be pretty mad if they did cuz of all the editing that I've done to my game.

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:22 pm 

caboom wrote:
Fixed but yeah, someone put it on the US suggestion forums, they will probably read it.No need to be pedantic, She said it would basically be free, not meaning it would be free. If you compare it to how much it would cost blizzard to update the models, $1000 is basically free.

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:24 am 

Trollpaxton wrote:
Sigh @ Blizzard.

Goblins and Worgen are 4 models and maybe 150 animations each. Sure, that's not small, but they have had YEARS and WoW pulls in 10s of millions of dollars a MONTH.

Maybe if they hadn't spent so much money on those elaborate 1-12 starting zones for goblins and worgen that get played for all of maybe 6 HOURS TOTAL AND THEN NEVER REVISITED they could have finally gotten around to making orc and troll breasts jiggle. Re: Update: Blizzard's New Character Models
Tell me about it. Their excuses are complete bullshit, they have near infinite resources for their monster game. Re: Update: Blizzard's New Character Models

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:56 am 

Silinrun wrote:
PS: I think the comparison between L2 and WoW is, L2's models are more realistic vs WoW's more cartoonish style.
They're objectively of higher quality because they contain at least 3x the polygons each with a higher base texture res previous to the wotlk era. Just because something is cartoonish by intent doesn't mean it has to be shoddily constructed (refer to cel shading mechanics).

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:47 pm 

But they are hiring a lot of programmers and artists for a 'next-gen' MMO.

This 'Next-gen' MMO might aswell be WoS (World of Satrcraft), as speculated on mmowned.

I'd rather stand in Hell than kneel in Heaven

Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:21 am 

Chaisy wrote:
... the game gets better looking models basically for 1000$.

Fixed but yeah, someone put it on the US suggestion forums, they will probably read it.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9