Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:30 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

Strange, someone else had the opposite problem:

Still, the following post has the option which should control that.

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:06 am 

Just this once!
http://rapidshare.com/files/342565600/T ... 0.zip.html

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:48 am 

Blah! I just picked up the tool again to try to do something with a human model and i can't even get a good first OBJ from the original .M2/.skin's from patch.MPQ. The OBJ that comes in looks all "shredded" and brings up an Object Import Statistics window when loading up. I've edited 3.0 human models before, so I have no idea what I've screwed up since thing. Skin/view thing maybe? D:

Edit: Blah. Found a way around it by basically skipping a step and not doing what I was trying to do, which was output a OBJ/M2 without splitting any of the edges

Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:29 pm 

Kenox09 wrote:
I deleted several vertexes on the .OBJ file...
My tool simply cannot handle this. You can move verts around, but you cannot change the number. Redaxle's tech allows you to do that, you should look into it.

Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:18 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

Seskins wrote:
I just tried this with Blood Elves, but I can't get it to work. If I increase the poly count on the entire model (Using default settings) the game just crashes when it's about to load the Belf model. If I limit the subdiving to just the chest area, I just get a black screen.

Any ideas?

I recall TP mentioning that there was a hardcoded poly limit to player character models, so you likely hit it when doing it with the entire model. All of the new hair styles are adding up polygons towards it (Assuming you're editing the 3.0 models)

As far as the latter one, I can test it if you want, but I'm not really sure otherwise. :/

Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:26 am 

Need help!
I was working on the Draenei High-heeled shoes mod.It is almost finished.But i cant not let the OBJ mod import to m2 file right.The High-heeled shoes part just can't import as what the OBJ file was.
Can somebody help me fix it?This mod Spend me over 5 hours.Help me!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4G4GF3X4

Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:04 am 

anyone know a modeldeit that increase the breast size of all Races and works with WotlK i only know a edit that works for 2.4.3 can anyone help me?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4KHI3FVX
this is the mod for gameversion 2.4.3 maybe someone have an idea to edit tis mod that it will work for WotLK

maybe you can convert it

Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:37 am 

Sorry, I meant a modification to an existing model, not one created from scrath Re: TP's Hi-Res Model Tool (Latest build Jan. 9, 2010)

It"s a model I got from here that I know worked fine before I started fiddling with it, I just wanted to tweak it a bit as an experiment before looking into making my own full model edit.

Anyway, I think what I must've done was I import it wrong initially which messed the object file up. Gonna try again using the settings provided on the last page Re: TP's Hi-Res Model Tool (Latest build Jan. 9, 2010)

Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:56 am 

forra wrote:
Also, the x/y/z ranges don't appear to be applied on the HandsClosed animation that we get in 3DSMax, but rather at an angle.
I don't think I believe you. I'm not sure if you've seen this feature but if you turn these options on:

Code:
bComputeNormals = true
bDebugNormals = true

...it will make all of the normals specified in the x/y/z ranges lit wrong, which makes it easy to visualize the range.

forra wrote:
Perhaps they're applied to animation 0 (Attack2H), but I always get asymmetric subdivisions with symmetric bounds.

Oh, you do get symmetric bounds? That sounds like it works to me. The asymmetric subdivisions is a different issue, I think, and is not entirely unexpected. In the main subdivided area each side of each tri gets a new vertex, but at the edges you can get tris with only one or two new verts, and in the 2 vert case there are a couple different ways to do it.

Re: TP's Hi-Res Model Tool (Latest build Jan. 9, 2010)

I don't know a good way to do it so I just do it randomly. (Actually, I do it based on the vert indexes, which are basically random.)

Blah blah, none of that matters. Is the asymmetry causing you problems?

Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:13 am 

Stalgondo, were you able to use any of the hi-res model edits prior to 3.0.2?

Lyell wrote:
I'd be happy to oblige but I can't touch a .M2 without MWCS crashing. I have posted a link to a successful 3.0+ model switch if that helps the cause any. It should be noted that said model has all of the .anim file in patch.mpq and common.mpq relating to the model in question. Whether or not they've been modified, I do not know.

I have the same problem. What I ended up doing is creating the full Character\... directory structure, then importing the M2 via the import directory command.

Hmm...maybe the engine requires anim files to be in the same MPQ? I'll test it.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 394 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40
 >> Next