Previous << 
1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:26 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

sbep wrote:
At work, I suddenly found myself in a position to learn Blender while getting paid. I've "liked" Blender for a long time, but I've never been able to do anything with it. Now I had the chance, so I sat down and read stuff and after a few hours I went from "ugh, I can't even figure out how to LOOK at the model from the position I want" to, well, being pretty damn comfortable about it. I still have lots to learn, though, like the fact I can't even figure out how to edit individual parts of an object (G just starts moving the whole thing rather than my selection), but I'm getting there, and I'm actually having a lot of fun. (Edit: it was proportional editing... damn, there goes my plan to do smooth tweaks with little effort, haha)

The start is ass-pain, but it goes uphill from there, believe me. Re: M2Mod tool + Cromon's Injector (v4.03)(2011.01.14)
First press numpad 3, to make the z axis stand vertically. Press numpad 5 to change back to perspective view. After that pull down the up most menu, like scaling a window, there u ll find somewhere the trackball and turntable. U want the turntable as a fresh starter. Turntable fixes the z axis vertically, so u wont suddenly tilt the view.

For the other problem, just select a geoset with right mouse button, and press TAB to change into edit mode.
Better get used to keybindings. G for grab, S for Scale and R for rotate.
Unless u constraint an axis (pressing x y or z after pressing any of the previous) the change ll happen in the plane of the view.

U can change back to object mode by pressing tab again, after u finished editing.
U can place geosets on different layers, by pressing M while the geoset is selected in object mode.

At export select at least one geoset, else it wont be exported.

I think this is enough to start out at a basic level.

Why do i feel like its springtime already?

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:17 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

Just to bump this...with actual stuff.

Did go over the weight painting after finding no results in triangulation stuff. So i went and deleted duplicates, then weight-painting, and as i'm usually pretty much a daredevil when it comes to this delicate point...i worked on the weighting affecting the now-enhanced boobies of my Female Bloodelf.

The result looks rather nifty Re: M2Mod tool + Cromon's Injector (v4.03)(2011.01.14)

Re: M2Mod tool + Cromon's Injector (v4.03)(2011.01.14)

Now, there's an issue with this model that pisses me off, tho.
The bones used for the breast movement are, compared to other models, very rarely moving (given that, yes, there's nothing that could really jiggle in the default model), which makes some animations where you'd expect some bouncing action, they remain completely stiff. Others, like jump-landing, work, etc do have jiggle, tho. Wish Blizzard would have made the necessary work of animating them, no matter how little the movement... but them being completely stiff looks just wrong.

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:46 am 

You have to import as an M2I so that the parent/child relations are correct. An armature (the skeleton) should always be the root node of the model, with any number of child meshes, empties, cameras. You might have to start all over from scratch because the OBJ format just doesn't support the data requirements of my tool, so a lot of data will be lost and merging will be impossible.

You might have to start the project over again from scratch unfortunately. Or convert one of your older modded M2s to an M2I and you can start from there.

You won't be able to use any other intermediate format but M2I. It might seem like a limitation, but there's really no other way to make a tool that supports very flexible editing of the mesh. You can add/remove geometry, edit blend weights, edit UVs, edit bones, cameras, attachments, etc. Many things that OBJ does not have the capability of storing the data for.

And I forgot to mention earlier, make sure the .skin files of the same name of the .m2 are in the same folder as the m2 being loaded by the tool. The tool will look for the skins when it loads the M2.

I hope this helps. If you need anything else feel free to ask.

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:07 pm 

lagstalker wrote:

Please note were the # is, any line with it in front is ignored, any line without it in front is read, you have them in the wrong places judging by your picture.

I hope that helps Re: M2Mod tool + Cromon's Injector (v4.03)(2011.01.14)

hm yes somehow ^^

new problem arrived ;P

WarCraft 3 Recources

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:35 am 

bug report - trying to import m2i without import in blender after export. Simlpe export NE statue model and trying to import it back. Lots models have same errors. Player models like NightElf or Bloodelf works great. Error screen:
Interesting, but succubus model works to export and import, but SpiritHealer give error like on the screen. I think if author make some little fixes to tool script it can convert all models in wow client.

Thanks for the tool, it it wery useful.
p.s. sorry for my english Re: M2Mod tool + Cromon's Injector (v4.03)(2011.01.14)

Last edited by on Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am, edited 9 times in total.

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:26 am 

marble wrote:
(Skip to the bold lines, if u are uninterested in my chit-chat Re: M2Mod tool + Cromon's Injector (v4.03)(2011.01.14))
For our purposes, thats right.
I used a solulion, that is almost like the mirror modifier. It doesnt makes the symmetry, but it help to keep it up, while u move only one vertex on a side. There is a method near the end of my post that can achive symmetry in reasonably short time...
hm couldn't really get the x-axis mirror thing to work for me
even when i set 2 vertices to the exact same (mirrored) position

i guess i'll stay with manually selecting 2 vertices and scaling
like you said its not that much work on a low poly model

its just unhandy you can't move edges or faces or even more than 2 vertices correctly with scale

md9066 wrote:
I'm fairly sure there are duplicate vertices because they are seperate geosets, and thus there are vertices that are essentially at the same location (at the seams). If you remove duplicates it might mess up the seams. I would have to test this out for myself to be sure, but for now it's just a suspicion of mine.
i always remove all doubles before modeling
haven't noticed any problems!
textures and animations work as they should

ScDK wrote:
Running into some oddity.
usually that's just 2 triangles flipped in a bad way
in blender you need to triangulate/flip a few quads manually to prevent this

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:31 pm 

Cams0x69:
It is possible to swap meshes, but problems arise with bone weights. Because the skeletons will no doubt be different between models, You'll have to re-weigh the vertices to the correct bones. I've tried to do something similar but gave up because it's really tedious and confusing. But it is possible, yeah.

Karth:
When you unpacked the M2 from the MPQ, did you also unpack the SKIN files along with it? Always keep the SKIN files in the same folder as the M2. Are these WotLK version models? Looking at the code that would have spawned that error message, that error message may be erronous, seeing as how it's possible it might give that message even if the file does not exist, in which case it should give "error: failed to load SKIN, could not open file. make sure you put the M2 and skins in the same folder.".

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:56 pm 

The default settings are bad indeed. First i freaked out too on the orto view, but i gave it another shot and looked after some help. Here is a good starter guide for it. Actually blender is very decent imo.

Why do i feel like its springtime already?

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:26 am 

you guys are so smart i don't even need to tell you guys how to fix stuff Re: M2Mod tool + Cromon's Injector (v4.03)(2011.01.14)

Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:33 pm 

Hmm wow it works for you... I'm pretty sure I extracted in patch mode, but I added all 4 update MPQs so... I don't know maybe that had something to do with it... Well, at least I know now there's nothing wrong with M2Mod (i hope).

Oh by the way, I don't think you changed the vertex count, that's what the problem I'm having is related to.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
 >> Next