Previous << 
1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 37
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:17 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

redaxle wrote:
And thanks for the reports about cameras not working. It might be bugged. But I don't know I don't have much time to work on this and test it out, but I'll get around to it eventually.

Well, at the very least if you can get the m2tool to import their coordinates into the new m2 that would be spiffy since it used to. :p

I know what it's like to have limited time though.

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:45 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

Bad UI.
Bad controls.

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:39 pm 

i have a problem,i have successfully used M2Mod.exe creat the .m2i file,and then i export it into blender ,but a error appeared.

Compiled with Python version 2.6.2.
Checking for installed Python... got it!
iconv Error
iconv Error
iconv Error
iconv Error
iconv Error

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:30 pm 

Ok, I just can't get blender to import M2i files. I've downloaded python, blender, copied the 3 scripts into blender's script folder, converted the M2 I wanted to edit into an M2i and it just won't import the files. It just gives me an error message, saying "unknown file type or error, check console" then it goes on to try and load the m2i, unsuccessfully, only to say "-file name- is not a blender file." If anyone has any ideas as to how I can get this working, please let me know.

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:53 am 

keinikaidoh wrote:
I have no idea why cameras even matter. I never touch them and never noticed a difference. I think on one of the posts redaxle made he said you can even delete the cameras if you think they get in the way and it wouldn't break your model.The cameras represent two default view. The one that is fixed on the face is used by character and party frames for 3D closeups. It is flipped on the x axis, to represent the male characters with redaxle gender change mod.
The other one is for the inspecting window.
Both can be deleted, because -as with most elements- if there is nothing that can be exported and placed back into the m2, it uses the one already inside the m2.

Why do i feel like its springtime already?

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:46 am 

I just want to let everyone know that I have the 4.0 update finished and working (finally). I just need to get it ready for release and then you guys can use it.

It might have problems though, but so far in my testing it seems to work good. With patch 4.0, SKIN files got a new block of data at the end, but it seems that it doesn't need to be set for the model to load and run in the engine. So M2Mod is ignoring this new block of data because I don't know what it does. But, since it doesn't seem to be necessary for models to work that's a good thing. I will try to get the new version out soon.

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:19 pm 

Addix wrote:
Once again, sorry for being such a burden, but I have absolutely no idea how to edit the model. I know how to move the camera, but I need help moving and modifying the mesh of the figure (particularly the breasts). Would you have any tips/tutorials for me?
again:
http://www.viddler.com/explore/Apollos/videos/
take the time to watch and absorb those.

Unfortunately, I'm not going to write a guide on how to use Blender, so you're on your own there. There's plenty of Blender guides already on the internet that are just a google search away. Explore more.

Actually, i'll compile some more links, brb...

Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:08 pm 

Spank my ass and call my ignorant, but couldn't you use this to swap meshes to another animation sets?

I.E

Convert UDF to M2I
Convert HMF to M2I

Open UDF M2I in Blender
Import HMF Mesh, remove UDF mesh.

Save, re-tool to m2.

??

Profit.

After seeing hair mesh imports properly done...it seems this tool and method is rather unlimited?

Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:55 am 

lagstalker wrote:
There are player models in OldWorld.MPQ is it possible that they are the models that the game is loading?Im not sure
But some texture are being used from the Oldworld.MPQ and those are the once which will have new once in Cataclysm
and those are zone maps for Stormwind, Darnassus and alike
But atleast Goblin is as in the Art.MPQ the Goblins textures are the once for the new in Cataclysm.

If so the files needs to be Place like .Mpq:\Oldworld\Character\{Race}\{Gender}\*
and they will only be used for the old world, and i belive the Old world will still be there
but only useable for poeple which have not Upgraded they're live account to Cataclysm, and we might see less or no gold seller spam or ingame scam
(Also all that is only a theory)

If your unsure what i talk about use my Patch-T and remove the Oldworld folder from it and look trough the major city maps, and take note of which is Unchanged

also there is only one way to be sure about if it effects model (now) and that's by testing ;p

Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:27 am 

Shenandah:
Are you using the latest version of the tool (0.1.1 beta)? I think that was the one bug I fixed. Also, make sure the total vertex count is less than 65535.

Deusmano:
It's ok to use the sculpt tool, I've used it without any problems. If M2Mod got so far as to successfully merge the M2 with your M2I, then maybe you forgot to also pack the .skin files in the patch MPQ?

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 37
 >> Next