New Topic Post Reply  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:29 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

Very Nice! Thanks for the update Re: AngelStep's Texture Pack ( Update 12/25/2010 ) Looking forward to the rest.

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:25 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

Trollpaxton wrote:
Batch files and WoWModelViewer, imo. WMV has a mode where it reads files out of your local directories instead of MPQs, so you can skip the MPQ step when you are working on stuff.I was thinking about making a batch file, one that recursively look through the items folder and identify pngs from blps and run the converter on them, but I don't know too much about batch syntax. I'll probably end up hard coding the filenames/directories into it.

I've been using model viewer, but I didn't know that about local directories. :O
But what exactly is the root folder I want to stick my items folder in?

vlarg wrote:
Sadly, filefap is one of the more reliable free hosts lately.It also seems to have a more, well-thought-out interface than imageshack and other non-adult image hosts.

vlarg wrote:
I enjoy the canvas, netherweave and stonecloth sets the best (kudos also for not overlapping replacements with any of the previous popular packs by TP and arohk).Thanks, and I like this kind of input (Specific favorites), it might determine the style of my next set.

vlarg wrote:
You might want to add some light opacity to the brown tights on the dilapidated, and clean up a little border leakage on the lower half of the sage's set (did you use arohk's maroon maid suit as a base for that one as I suspect?).So increase opacity a bit? At first I thought you meant lighten the opacity, now I'm not sure. :p

Nah, Stonecloth and Runecloth are where I borrowed from Arokh and have quite a bit of his original pixels on the leg upper area. Everything else is from scratch or completely painted over as reference. Also, after I uploaded this, I found the mapping between the legs on the butt side of the texture to be really bizarre, so I'm using Arohk's thong shape.

vlarg wrote:
Some of the 'collar' areas are a little spotty with gaps, you could close those up and make them solid all the way round. Aside from that, there's just a few texture inconsistencies that almost look like little "runs", which I'm sure you've already noticed and are planning to fix when you have time.Yeah, oops, the collars, I guess I forgot about that. I was going for quantity over quality at first. There were a lot of ideas that I wanted to try out. Some were dropped, or just evolved into a variation which is a current set.

Chaisy wrote:
Nice. Can you explain how you made semi-transparent textures in Gimp? I can't seem to figure out how to do that.... Now that there's a better Png to BLP converter, I was thinking of just stealing bits and pieces out of Arohk's textures, but making my own would be preferable.I mainly use two custom brushes, one that's solid as possible and one that fades radially. For uniform transparency I take the solid brush with the eraser, scale it up, and drag opacity slider to like 10% - 50% and hit the entire area. I also scale the radially fading brush up really big and use the edges of it to erase to thin out the opacity in some places.

Juunro wrote:
That aside, I like the sets, but they run into the same problem alot of them do; they require you to track down some fairly esoteric items to make the set actually work. There just isn't the volume of lowbies required to support the low-end AHing of the mid-20's green sets, and farming them yourself is kind of a pita, though it does give you something to do between raids.If you have the knowledge/patience you can always affix these textures to the sets you want. What I tried to do was pick cloth so everyone could wear them, then I tried to find sets with the correct number of sleeves and matching sleeves was a bonus. I also tried avoiding using sets that other patchers already used. You can suggest a set that you'd like to see used too. ^^

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:58 pm 

AngelStep wrote:
I need to look into what repacking entails. I haven't had a free moment in a while, but I have noticed they also broke model viewer. I wont be able to work on the textures themselves until I have a working version of WMV. Hopefully I can get a 4.01 MPQ soonish.Thise should work for 4.0

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:06 am 

You can combine those 2 batch files into a single one, and get rid of the @ in front of each line by doing something like this

Code:
@echo off

echo *** Converting png's in all subdirectories...
for /f %%I in ('dir /b /s *.png') do call :c %%I %%~dpnI.blp
echo *** Done, press any key to close ***
pause > nul
goto :eof

:c
if not exist %2 blpconverter.exe -r %1
if "%~t1" GTR "%~t2" blpconverter.exe -r %1

I use the blpconverter.exe found here http://wowdev.org/files/index.php?act=view&id=23 which uses -'s instead of /'s for command line arguments, so I switched that up.

pause > nul is added for people that wish to view the buffer, yet run the batch from a double click in explorer.

It can easily go in the other direction too if someone wishes to convert all their blp's into png's for modification:

Code:
@echo off

echo *** Converting blp's in all subdirectories...
for /f %%I in ('dir /b /s *.blp') do call :check %%I %%~dpnI.png
echo *** Done, press any key to exit ***
pause > nul

:check
if not exist %2 blpconverter.exe -r %1
if "%~t1" GTR "%~t2" blpconverter.exe -r %1

Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:38 pm 

Babeofnight wrote:
Very nice - Unfortunally the link to download somehow dont work for me Re: AngelStep's Texture Pack ( Update 12/25/2010 )

- Any sort of Alt Link possible, please?
The link is fine. I just realized however, I can turn off auto-parsing of URLs. Which is miss-leading. Filefap looks at this as hot linking, and will not allow downloads like this. You need to copy and paste the URL into a new tab or window. This is a little bit confusing. Hopefully it's pretty clear now on my main post.

Also, I'm pretty surprised at the number of downloads this is getting. >.>
This update got 68 downloads in one day.
My second update got 58 downloads in a month.
My third got 237 downloads in almost 4 months.

I definitely want to go back and convert most of these to high res. I feel that this first time was a pretty big success, although, working in high res with one piece sets ( As in the clothing ) is a little bit more complicated for me at the moment. Most of the time I work on things like so:

This is what the master file for my heavy weave set looks like.

Re: AngelStep's Texture Pack ( Update 12/25/2010 )

However, WoW demands that this be split into 4 pieces. I use the selection tool at the appropriate coordinates and copy and paste them into the appropriate files. TU_F (128x64), TL_F (128x32), LU_U (128x64), LL_U (128x64), etc. This process is where most of my time goes unfortunately. I do this so the set is seamless across sections. For my latest work however, I didn't have to spend a huge amount of time copying from a master file. I could spend most of my time editing the top and panties directly. If anyone has found a better way to manipulate textures please let me know. Something that makes the appropriate pieces from the master file would be extremely helpful to me. Re: AngelStep's Texture Pack ( Update 12/25/2010 )

I also think I'll spend more time thinking up two piece sets. I like that a two piece set works without the top or bottom while one piece sets look incomplete without their top or bottom.

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:10 pm 

These are quality works, man, nice stuff. The only thing that kind of sticks out are the blocky edges. Surely there are multiple ways of dealing with them but what I do is take Gimp's smudge tool and slide it along the edges of my textures. It takes a steady hand and you pretty much have to do it in one pass and always tangentially to the edge, but that's not too hard and it seems to give ok results. Depending on the texture you can also sometimes get away with just doing the smudge on the alpha mask instead of the texture itself, which is nice because smudging is kind of destructive.

As an alternate, sometimes if I like have a 1-pixel line I drew by hand I'll take the path tool, create a path that lies over my line, and then have the tool draw a line over it. The nice thing about using a path to draw lines is they look very unpixely, but of course it takes time to make the paths.

Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:26 am 

Welcome! I share your love for stockings and i am happy to see you here. Sadly i don't know the info you are looking for but i hope you learn of it soon Re: AngelStep's Texture Pack ( Update 12/25/2010 )

So far i really love what you have done! I hope to see more from you <3

Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:17 am 

Glad you guys like it. Re: AngelStep's Texture Pack ( Update 12/25/2010 )

I"m working on one more ( This one isn't rushed. ) before I go back and fix up my previous textures.

Looks like my host is pretty unstable too.
Maybe I should switch.

Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:54 pm 

"and I really like stockings. "

Ugh, yes! I <3 stockings so much! I love what you've done here, and I too plan on releasing a few sets in the near future, with see-through lingerie-type starter gear along with tier modifications. It sure is time consuming though.

Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:11 pm 

Link doesn't appear to work =(

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 >> Next