New Topic Post Reply  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:52 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

The issue I have seen so far is:

-Item hider patches made using ladik's mpq editor and redaxle's item hider patches before 4.0 do not work, even with making it a folder and following the file path as it was before 4.0.

This is probably because blizzard's mpq's that had item, and itemdisplay info dbc files were changed somehow, i'm not sure. I can't find out because of my 2nd issue;

-I can't open any of blizzard's mpqs with ladik's mpq editor.

So are these the causes, and is there a new mpq editor good for blizzard mpqs after 4.0?

Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:52 pm 

DBC files in 4.0 are not alike the once in 3.3, or older once
Chaisy made a pretty good post about it, maybe you will have your question aswered by

Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:38 am 

kevanlol wrote:
The injector will make it display armor skins...

So all you would have to do is include a blank skin for every piece of gear of each slot, which will make it show as transparent.

Chest.MPQ
Legs.MPQ
Gloves.MPQ
Feet.MPQ
Belt.MPQ

And then just go into your notepad file which tells the injector what to load, and type in the MPQ name of what part of your kit you want hidden.

I don't know how it would work with shoulders, but model editing works with the injector so someone could make a "blank" shoulder model, I guess.
What about shields, cloaks, off-hand, and weapons? Those seemed to always be in the way when I try to take a peek. X#(

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:58 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

redaxle wrote:
It's actually not because the DBC file format or column structure has changed, it for the most part hasn't. It's because the 4.0 client will not load any DBCs from any external sources like custom patches etc. It always goes to the base MPQ to load DBC files. Thus any DBC edits in patch MPQ/Folder will be completely ignored.

In absolute ignorance and from mild curiosity, would the mpq injector that's currently going around be able to bypass this 'problem'?

Last edited by on Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:48 pm 

Is there a program to replace a bunch of files like that? i.e. replaces all the chest textures with blank ones

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:01 pm 

redaxle wrote:
It's actually not because the DBC file format or column structure has changed, it for the most part hasn't. It's because the 4.0 client will not load any DBCs from any external sources like custom patches etc. It always goes to the base MPQ to load DBC files. Thus any DBC edits in patch MPQ/Folder will be completely ignored.

That's good to know... not because its good for modders but because it removes some of the mystery. But it'll also be interesting to see how Bliz handles it the first time they have to change one of their DBC files post 4.0.1. Will they add it into a patch MPQ and reopen the ability to change DBCs, or will they continually go directly to the base MPQ?

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:17 am 

I think with their new content streaming system and overhaul to the content loading system they no longer need to append data in patch MPQs, they can just write updated files directly into any of the base MPQs. This is why when people were trying to modify files in the base MPQs trying to get character model edits to load, it would result in the game detecting that the files were modified and would redownload them from the data server. This way the client always has the most up-to-date copy of a given file in the base MPQs without having to look through patch MPQs. So, I guess that was just a long winded way of saying that Blizz won't be using patch MPQs any more. But we'll have to wait and see, maybe they will end up using them again. But at the moment it doesn't look good for us regarding DBC edits. We'll see...

Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:16 am 

Figure I bump this to see if anyone is still looking into it.

Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:59 pm 

In the Beta is there is many DBC files in the wow-update files, and in the Oldworld on live
maybe the client, only load DBC files from specefic MPQ files and Ignore them in patch-#.MPQ MPQ's

And what you say is one the of the things i would be expecting for Streaming, aswell client fixes not on a set day or time, but when they finished it

maybe something will change to the way they DBC files are being handled doing update in the actual Cataclysm release

Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:32 am 

Well, there are the mass renamer programs. That could work.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next