New Topic Post Reply  [ 394 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:27 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

Ok, I used Ladik's MPQ Editor, it seems to work just fine, don't know how to use the import directory feature in MWC to be honest Re: TP's Hi-Res Model Tool (Latest build Jan. 9, 2010)

I tried with female Draenei (I wanna get my patch working again :p ) and it works as long as I don't increase the vertices. But when I increase vertices, and I try to inject the edited .obj file back into the .m2, I get the error shown in this pic:

Re: TP's Hi-Res Model Tool (Latest build Jan. 9, 2010)

If I hit Ignore, I get this:

If I choose Ignore again, it crashes and gives the standard Windows "send error report" message.
If I hit Retry it crashes and gives the standard Windows "send error report" message.

Not sure if this is useful in any way, so if you need any other info, let me now.

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:56 pm 

I have another big problem when using this tool.

After I use the tool to increase vertices, the tool won't add vertices on the seams of each geoset. But Magius managed to put vertices just fine on his model. I've included a screenshot to show the problem.

The above image is the human model by Magius. The vertices were added correctly.

The bottom image is the blood elf I extracted from common.mpq. You can tell there's missing vertices on the waist area. This really screws up the topology of the mesh and in the game, you get a distinct weird looking 'band' at every seam between geosets.

How do I get the tool to put vertices on the seams? I used all 3 versions of the tools, TPModelTweaker3_R1, R2, R3.

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:47 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

Seskins wrote:
BTW, I think you guys might wanna check the patch.MPQ file instead of the common.MPQ one. I mean, patch.MPQ overrides common.MPQ, right? So I guess we can assume that the patch.MPQ contains the most up to date official models from blizz. The Draenei in the current common.MPQ have a horrible idle animation, and I don't think that's present in current in-game.

The idle animation is the one female Draenei Deathknights use.

When using this new converter, should we be using the patch.MPQ model instead then? I used the common one and ended up getting BOTH idle animations on my model edit.

Other than that, I guess I'll wait until Seskins gets their draenei made so I can add my own modifications to it and get the look back to pre 3.0. Thanks TP!

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:13 am 

Yeah, you're probably hitting the poly limit. To test it, try running the tool but limiting it to just a couple geosets. That should work if you were indeed hitting the poly limit.

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:02 pm 

ScDK wrote:
3DS Max 9.0 works fine (incase you got VISTA, which doesn't work with older Max versions as it seems)
nop winxp i dont use vista
when i import with TP tool v3
obj is fine
i use 3dsmsx2k9 also alls well
when i get to exporting 1st of all dont realy know
which options to check / uncheck
and which if needs a change
i always nvr get same numbers of verts at the export
even if i do nothing (i get 80 extra verts all the time)
unless i cut down rob into a skirt then the verts of import are equal to those of export
eventualy i just get the shreded like model after i use TPs tool v3 to put bak the new obj file back into the M2
so if theres anything that needs to b put out as to what to do and whats not to do
id like to know
(what to put on TPtollv3 ini when taking out the obj out of m2,same when i put it back,how shoud the improt and export options in 3ds shud look like, and last which tools of 3ds i shud not use)
cuz frankly i get nice results when im still messing with the obj wih 3dsm max and yet result will always b a shreded model.....
myb i need more luck.........

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:53 pm 

The download link on the first page appears to be pointing to an old version, R2 (date on the file itself is Oct, 28 2008).

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:25 pm 

Cams0x69 wrote:
Since its animating the additional bits properly would it be possible to copy say, female Human's main meshes (assuming its higher count, and I think it is...) to say, a female undead model?

In essence an animation swap.

I...uh...this is a bit out of my realm of knowledge but I don't think it would work. I'd think that the rigging depends on the skeleton and if you try to change skeletons you're going to get crazy results.

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:27 am 

as far as i can tell this looks pretty awesome, tp. thanks!

this requires like 3d max studio whatever for like $1000 for me to make use of this without someone elses help, though, right?

i remember someone trying to make a bigger draenei butt (which i'm sure many people would enjoy very much) but it didnt really work due to a lack of vertices or whatever that increased the jagged lumpiness. i couldnt find it in the first 4 pages of this board.

seems like this would be just the thing to smooth that out. i would love a bigger, smoother draenei butt, and if i could download some model editor for free i would do it myself.

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:26 pm 

K-ToF wrote:
for my part, once it has a basic interface like GMES's injector (which is basically 2 textboxes and 4 buttons), and maybe some instructions on the interface i'd start giving it a go.

It has an interface. A good one, in my opinion. It just isn't a graphical interface. It instead has a simple command line interface and a rich ini file interface. It will never have a graphical interface, because I feel it doesn't need it. I feel the tool's target audience--people who are smart and computer savvy enough to edit models and make MPQs--is smart enough to use the ini interface.

There are always going to be people on the cusp, though, and I'll admit I've been lazy about help. So, right after I post this I'll make some sort of help or getting started guide.

But please, "faster"? I'll admit that if you can't type it is a little faster to browse to a file than type it's path, but that time is made up by the fact that my tool does in seconds what it takes GMES over a minute to do.

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:15 pm 

Not the skeleton but the coordinates of the vertices making up the geosets.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 394 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40
 >> Next