All times are UTC [ DST ]

New Topic Post Reply  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 68
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:05 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

With the release of 4.0 and the changes to the M2 file format, it will be a while before we get truly 4.0 compatible tools to make 4.0 compatible model edits. Also, I'm really busy with stuff all the time so I don't know when I'll get around to updating on Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:35 am, edited 150 times in total.

Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:06 pm 

Mud wrote:
I seem to be getting a rather odd error. I extract itemdisplayinfo.dbc from patch-enUS-2, and run it through the custom hider maker to work on only tabards. It then works correctly, but even though I just made it the resulting patch still makes newer items like the Wrathful Gladiator armor and weapons invisible.

How can I fix this?If im correct, the current latest version of ItemDisplayInfo.dbc is located in patch-enUS-3.mpq :) If you are using ItemDisplayInfo.dbc from patch-enUS-2.mpq it won't have the latest items in it since it's not the latest version. Hope that helps.

on Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:07 pm 

SKFirestorm wrote:
Is there anyway to use the petite female model when using the male -> female modification?
It would involve copying the files from the female folders of the petite MPQ, renaming the files from "female" to "male", and then putting them into the male folders of the gender swap MPQ. Not something I'm interested in doing right now, but you now have the knowledge to do it yourself if you want. Re: wow mods (4.0 broke teh game) (2010.07.27)

Cronosus wrote:
you should have the 322 version?
from petite Re: wow mods (4.0 broke teh game) (2010.07.27)
Sorry, I don't normally hold on to older versions because they suck.

Also, I have finally made the vanilla models with hair edits a lot of you have been asking for:

(new)(2010.02.28)
[patch] Female Character Edits - Vanilla - Hair Edits - 3.3
download
Model edits to females of all races. Keeps vanilla default meshes, only modifications are to the hair styles. Races with edited hair include: Blood Elf, Draenei, Gnome, Human, Night Elf, Tauren, Troll.

Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:07 pm 

Hey, am I the only one that has gnome females right shoulder being alot bigger than the left one, with 3.3revised? Otherwise this mod is awesome, thanks!

Re: wow mods (4.0 broke teh game) (2010.07.27)

Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:25 pm 

Yea i'll probably be back for Cataclysm no doubt, just to level another new character through the new stuff. Hopefully I'll update my mods for Cata. Anyway, enough personal stuff, and thanks for understanding.

And yummy new models to edit / port to WMV to whack off to! Re: wow mods (4.0 broke teh game) (2010.07.27)

Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:08 pm 

Thanks so much for the updates. Indeed it works in WMV .. If I may mention something its obvious you changed the human face however the top of the forehead clips through some hairstyles, I do like what you've done with her as usual the small stuff really adds up Re: wow mods (4.0 broke teh game) (2010.07.27)

Thank you

Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:42 pm 

redaxle wrote:
phase 3 updates are up, new files are now hosted on my site: redaxle.net. there's no pages there yet though.

Updates for this phase include:
NPCTex NPC texture replacers.
NPCTex + M2F Item Hider pack, item hiders intended to be used with NPCTex and M2F mods.
Blood Elf White Eyes, another minor aesthetic mod that gives female blood elves white eyes and removes the eye glow.

About your custom made item hider patches/npc textures, I notice the bottom half of robes/kilts, helms are properly hidden on npcs. Do you have an updated item hider program available for download?

edit: it even gets rid of sleeves from npc robes...

Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:16 am 

I absolutely love your petite mod however I was wondering if you could release a version of it where the breasts are a smidge bigger like C/D-cups or is there perhaps an easy way of doing it myself in Blender ?

Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:32 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

austinlh777 wrote:
Is it possible to get a texture edit nude female NPCs with just the female NPCs, instead of changing the male textures as well?

Yes, this is what i desire, too.

Anyway i tried your "normal model edits" patch, and they all look very nice. But the problem is that they seem to be uncompatible with the bigger boobs mods! If i replace your female nude skins with SwiftLippin's, all females have the original boobs size. Even if i tried to use yours and SwitLippin's together, yours was somehow always stronger (even if it was installed after using SWiftLippin's), and the game used your textures. This is just the smaller problem. I simply remove yours and use SwitfLippin's, so the big boobs work.
But the bigger is that i can't use the all females mod-complex, because it needs your "normal model edits" patch, so that time there are no big boobs. And for me then its even better to have males and clothed NPCs, but with big boobs than to have them all female, nude, but the original size.
Anyway its a beautiful work, and i've never imageined someone to come up with a patch like this, so congratulations. Now what this all needs is to somehow please make your "normal model edits" patch compatible with the big boobs patches, or to make the all fames mod-complex compatible with SwiftLippin's textures.

Thanks for even reading this,
Hadeia

Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:26 pm 

redaxle wrote:
Phase 2 of updates for 3.3.5 has been released. This includes all the M2F patches. As mentioned earlier, the way they work has been changed so they rely more on texture edits rather than DBC edits in terms of converting character textures from male to female. This means larger file size, but also hopefully means some of the issues with bad texture combinations will be fixed.

Next phase will be updated item hiders for 3.3.5.

And I have another mod lying around that converts the green blood elf eyes to white and removes their eye glow, for female blood elves. So I'll be uploading that next phase.

After that I need to find somewhere to host large files for the nude NPC textures. Whenever I can get a web host this will happen. When I get a web host, all my mods will be hosted there.
Just a suggestion for the large files, have you considered using winrar to split the mpq archive into smaller .rar archives, so that its less than the maximum file size for mediafire ? for a 600mb file, you might have 6 parts at 100mb each.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 68
 >> Next