All times are UTC [ DST ]

New Topic Post Reply  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:33 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

This might not be the thread for it, but out of curiosity, what is it that dictates what MPQs WoW reads? Would changing that be a noticable violation of ToS over renaming our own/replacing blizzard MPQs?

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:29 am 

Im sorry im not the smartest on this topic, so you said to rename to one of those and overwrite it, i did that, to the first soundcache you listed, im not sure what you meant by keep a back, does that mean backup? if so, how do i go about doing that? do i rename that soundcache to something else? The mpq im trying to install is inside a folder, with several other files, one of them is a m2 skin, so how exactly do i do this then? do i rename the m2 skin? the entire folder or? ... your gonna have to break it down for me a bit more please lol, thanks in advance.

(EDIT) - Do i need any specific programs besides ladiks?

Zilem wrote:
It's ben said many times and in many Places here...

Rename the MPQ to one of the entry names below:
Data\Cache\SoundCache-patch-13164.MPQ
Data\Cache\SoundCache-patch-13287.MPQ
Data\Cache\SoundCache-patch-13329.MPQ (High Priority entry name)

and move it to the cache folder, and sellect "yes" to overwrite (Remeber to keep a back for patching)

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:18 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

cdc22555 wrote:
Im sorry im not the smartest on this topic, so you said to rename to one of those and overwrite it, i did that, to the first soundcache you listed, im not sure what you meant by keep a back, does that mean backup? if so, how do i go about doing that? do i rename that soundcache to something else? The mpq im trying to install is inside a folder, with several other files, one of them is a m2 skin, so how exactly do i do this then? do i rename the m2 skin? the entire folder or? ... your gonna have to break it down for me a bit more please lol, thanks in advance.

(EDIT) - Do i need any specific programs besides ladiks?Technicaly you don't need to Ladiks unless you want to merge MPQ's

and yes i ment backup. just create a Folder and copy the files you want backuo of into said folder, easy

You need te rename your Custom MPQ to any of the listen
then move that MPQ into the cache folder, which is found in your Data folder (not the one in root, The gray test is what the path should be from wow's root file)

Model deosn't for for 4.0.3 or 4.0.3a
Model files: .m2, .Skin
(Skins are a set of Textures [.blp] and not model parts or a model, if anyone told you that they are wrong.)

cdc22555 wrote:
Bump for help!! please!! nothing works! im not doing this right! nobodys explaining it clearly Re: Question about nude modsI can't answer clealy without a clealy question or problem
as it will either come down to theory what it could be, narrowing down to what it is.

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:28 pm 

i stil couldnt find anything to tell me how to use either one of the editers i was able to extract the mpq but i could figure out how to tur the folders back into an mpq

Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:18 am 

and move it to the cache folder, and sellect "yes" to overwrite (Remeber to keep a backup for patching)

Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:33 am 

Zilem wrote:

and move it to the cache folder, and sellect "yes" to overwrite (Remeber to keep a back for patching)

Bump for help!! please!! nothing works! im not doing this right! nobodys explaining it clearly Re: Question about nude mods

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:14 pm 

noisivision wrote:

and move it to the cache folder, and sellect "yes" to overwrite (Remeber to keep a backup for patching)

[

Sorry for the misunderstanding. But what do you mean by "High Priority entry name" in:

Do you mean this is the one we should use first? Also, will this affect any sounds in the game, like mising sounds or anything?

In addidtion, when you say backup for patching, can you elaborate? Does this mean backup the ORIGINAL Soundcache files? Do I have to change it back to the Soundcache file before a major patch happens? What happens If i dont? I read somewhere if I dont, "it becomes permanent", but I dont know what this means. Does it mean the nude mod becomes permanent in the game if I dont change it back to the original soundcache file?

I hope my questions made sense.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2