New Topic Post Reply  [ 563 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:27 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

There was/is an "alltompq" or "allinmpq" flag to turn off the streaming crap, as well.

At least in the beta client.

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:52 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

Thomanson wrote:
Again, I'm going to say. It's a transition period, when they're moving from one whole set of world data files, to a new set of data files. I wouldn't put serious work into trying to make a 'solution' until at least 4.0.3a hits, maybe not until after 12/7.

If someone stumbles across a workaround, I won't complain, but at this point, I wouldn't put in the effort to paint the house that we're bulldozing to build the new one.

but that means no more fun mods... which is why ppl are posting in this site, getting the DLs they want, and enjoying their sexy, beautiful chicks... i made a female DK WAY before Cata came out and i enjoyed it... now i have to wait a month just to enjoy her again? i wish sumone could find this 'solution" u speak of...

Avatar: edited pic of Captain Amelia from Treasure Planet from Dr. Comet

site: http://kurumi.sakura.ne.jp/~kemono/html/colors.htm (note its all in Japanese so if ur using google chrome have it translate to english)

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:08 pm 

4.0.3's here. It appears the whole "Patch extension changing" thing and changing the name isn't working for me.

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:43 pm 

Dyable Belfs don't work. They randomly crash if left alone too long or if they feel like it triggered by a bunch of different actions. They don't crash in 5 seconds like the others but they still don't work reliably at all.

Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:15 am 

Sabiru wrote:
That's kinda funny. It's like saying "I hope someone gets banned so I know if it's dangerous."

You know what... youre right i guess that is what I was saying wasnt it? Gawd I feel bad now.
"Pain, agony, my hatred burns through the cavernous deeps. The world heaves with my torment, its wretched kingdoms quake beneath my rage. But at last the whole of Azeroth will break, and all will burn beneath the shadow of my wings." -Deathwing

Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:23 am 

Soundcache should normally be somewhere closer to 135mb. It contains encrypted data pre-loaded for cataclysm.

It's currently being 'ignored' by the live client because expansion 3 isn't available yet.

Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:26 pm 

Venombite wrote:
Thanks for your ideas Zangetsu0 appreciate it!

I still receive the following error message, but dont get Visual C ++ error anymore.

Assertion failed: hprocess !=Null, file inject.cpp, line 72

Progress though, the last error came from line 14 Re: The Empire Strikes Back... It seems like this is in the very end of the code?

Thanks again.

Same here

Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:01 pm 

Alohade wrote:

potentially account-bannable things.

What would be new here from what we've been doing before? Might be my philosophy degree setting in, but no matter how simple or complicated the steps toward model editing are, the end result is always potentially account-bannable. Honestly, as long as we are able to get models working again, there will be those who believe they are worth being banned over. You fight for the things you love and enjoy, and you die for the same things. Or get banned for, whatever.

Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:58 pm 

It shouldn't be too hard to pick apart it's MPQ loading function and see what it'll parse/load and what it won't.

It's been years since I fooled with IDA but I DO remember the WoW client is very well laid out and the MPQ related functions were glaringly obvious.

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:45 am 

As I understand, world edits actually still worked without this tool? Only certain models were under lockdown, so the cheat edits kind of never stopped, didn't they?

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 563 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
 >> Next