Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC [ DST ]

New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Texture fail need a hand
Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:31 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

What I'm trying to do is pretty basic, just change some textures to pure alpha (belt, pants) for my mage, and I'm having a little trouble getting it done. xP

At first I got hit with the green texture thing, and after a little looking around realized you needed to index the image instead of leaving it in RGB format. After indexing and converting to blp the resultant texture is pure white, and displays as such when loaded in game:

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/5140/texturefail.jpg

I've tried myriad different methods of indexing the file (1 bit black/white with transparency, 8 byte (256 color) with/without transparency, forced primaries, uniform palette, system (windows) palette, generate optimum palette, etc.) and every single attempt has produced the same result. I've attempted the conversion with both Photoshop CS5 and GIMP to no avail :/

My question is: Clearly I'm fubar'ing it with a basic mistake somewhere along the way, but WHAT exactly is it that I'm doing wrong? I feel bad for making a thread about what I'm sure is a stupid error on my part, but I've spent several hours trying to work it out on my own/with the search function and I'm about ready to just quit >.>

Thanks in advance for anybody that can shed some light on this.

Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:31 am 

phraun wrote:
I KNEW it was going to be something trivial like that... Re: Texture fail, need a hand I'd tried -h as I saw that around somewhere, but never -r. Go figure.

Worked like a charm, thanks a ton. Re: Texture fail, need a hand Is there a list of command line arguments for the converter somewhere?Good ^^

and You mean somthing like this?:
Re: Texture fail, need a hand

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:31 am 

Have you tryed the Advanced Setting for BLP converter?
in particular -R?

You can add this Option if you make a shortcut to BLP converter and edit it's proppertiece, and put a -r at the end of the Directory
Example: "F:\Patczher\Programmer\BLP Converter\BLP Converter 8.0\BLPConverter.exe" -r

and then dump your Armor/Cloth texture onto that instead
If it doesn't work could you then send me the file (as PNG) and i will have a look at it

Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:11 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

I KNEW it was going to be something trivial like that... Re: Texture fail, need a hand I'd tried -h as I saw that around somewhere, but never -r. Go figure.

Worked like a charm, thanks a ton. Re: Texture fail, need a hand Is there a list of command line arguments for the converter somewhere?

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:42 am 

Exactly like that, thank you! Re: Texture fail, need a hand

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ]