>> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:07 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

Zilem wrote:
I guess it's different for non-blizz files in the region folders
but the error was that it could not be removed?... that's strange

I assume it made a file list of what to delete when the process was complete... I was kind of worried the custom MPQ's would be deleted so i moved them all after I started the process. It only seems to affect /en-US though.

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:14 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

Chaisy wrote:
I'm not a current WoW subscriber, so I can only speculate, but it sounds like they changed the location of the textures in the MPQs (other than the nude skins, which must be the same location since they work still). You guys might try loading the new MPQs in MPQ Editor and posting the new file structure, figure out what goes to what, and remaking an MPQ in that format, and see if it works then.Indeed they did a change in the Patch MPQ for beta and PTR after the Streaming client came out

they added Base\ before every Character, Creature, Texture, Item and World Root-Folder
and added Region-folder\ (enUS/enGB or alike) Before interface folder & DBC folder

however that didn't change a think to have texture work or not for the Beta or PTR
might do for live?, but i still have to wait 5? hours

and i have abselutely no idea why they're working for some and not working for others....

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:33 am 

this is bad... patches seem to not work any more... either they took out support for custom patches entirely or they changed the naming convention for patch MPQs or something... i'll keep looking.

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:39 pm 

Even if textures still worked, nudes are quite useless when your models are dead-flat or just plain ugly *cough* orcs *cough* Re: Patch 4.0.1 possibly this week, all mods need updating?

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:50 pm 

I'm not a current WoW subscriber, so I can only speculate, but it sounds like they changed the location of the textures in the MPQs (other than the nude skins, which must be the same location since they work still). You guys might try loading the new MPQs in MPQ Editor and posting the new file structure, figure out what goes to what, and remaking an MPQ in that format, and see if it works then.

Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:59 am 

stray wrote:
I assume it made a file list of what to delete when the process was complete... I was kind of worried the custom MPQ's would be deleted so i moved them all after I started the process. It only seems to affect /en-US though.Interasting thought, so it might remove all files which are not on Blizz's list of MPQ pre 4.0 when it's updating to 4.0

but how would we know when we normaly moved non Blizz out of the Folder on every update

SoulTrain0217 wrote:
They've been down All... Fucking...Day....

I know, I should be less stressed about this. Maybe I'll go play Bejeweled2. Although, I REALLY want someone to mod the rubies, make them... sexier...

Also, the installer takes 2+ hours to unpack everything from the content downloads. Run the Updater NAO, peoples.If you didn't had a work/school day (or like) you should have done what im doing, stay up late and then sleep the day away, and start the day with Dinner as breakfast ;p

or play a Emergancy game ment to be played if you was cut of the internet
or watch an movie or serie and chill, and have a bottle of cola (works for me to lower stress level)

Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:47 am 

I'm just going to run my little handy-dandy batch script that moves them all out into another folder, before launching WoW.

And yes. I'm hoping beyond hope that I don't have to stare at flat-chested Draenei for very long.

Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:34 am 

Nude patches aren't working for me! How are you launching the game, those of you who are getting them to work? And where do you have the patches?

Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:48 pm 

I'm in.

1. Nude skins still work

2. Model edits crash the game

3. Game will load with armor skin mods, but they are not showing.

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:10 pm 

6 PM another hour damn.....

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 >> Next