New Topic Post Reply  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:30 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

Okay so I liked your Night Elf model but the pointy hips bugged me, so I imported the m2i to blender, played with it until I was content then exported the m2i no problem. When I tried to merge it back into a m2 i got this error in the command prompt:

Code:
Loading M2:   C:\Users\Documents\Wow Alt Folders\3.3 model changes\My Models\Data\NightElfFemale.m2
Importing M2I: C:\Users\Documents\Wow Alt Folders\3.3 model changes\My Models\Data\Out\NightElfFemale.m2i
error: failed to import M2I, could not open file.
Press any key to continue . . .

I looked through this thread and didn't find anyone who also received this. I looked at the three things that could go wrong, the skin files are there, etc.
EDIT: nevermind, I got it working.

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:38 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

Arohk wrote:
hm yes somehow ^^

new problem arrived ;P
Re: M2Mod tool + Cromon's Injector (v4.03)(2011.01.14):D it's good to hear that helped, now this new problem looks like it may be caused by not including the new .skin files with your new model, they are equally as important :) I hope that's all it is, anyways, I'm off to bed now, good luck !

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:30 pm 

Cams0x69 wrote:
Also, Blender makes my asshole clench uncomfortably.
FFS DOS commands would be easier than this damn UI.x2

during last 15 years i have used hundreds of different 3d softwares but none of them were as bad as blender.
i mean even lightwave with chinese user interface is easier to use than blender (and i can't even read of understand chinese text) Re: M2Mod tool + Cromon's Injector (v4.03)(2011.01.14)

surely i would do my own model edits for wow if there would be way to import models into 3ds max or lw.

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:14 pm 

I don't even play WOW anymore and am reinstalling etc just to play with this.

<.<

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:56 pm 

Good luck! The game isn't the same without your work that's for sure I hope that M2Mod will be just as powerful for editing in Cataclysm as it is now

And /highfive for Samus Re: M2Mod tool + Cromon's Injector (v4.03)(2011.01.14)

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:40 pm 

K updated, it's out now. Now at version 1, and I took of the beta tag.

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:39 am 

ScDK wrote:
So Model editing seems to be returning back to Burning-Crusade style, using an injector. Well, anything is better than being unable to customize your game a little here and there Re: M2Mod tool + Cromon's Injector (v4.03)(2011.01.14)
Maybe after some major patches, Blizzy will realize it ain't worth the trouble, and remove whatever is impeding the load of player model edits.
Now to get my hands on Cataclysm...

If I were them, I'd still find it worth the trouble to block malicious software/addons/etc. Simply because WoW is a very big investment and their major money maker.

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:21 pm 

b2490878 wrote:
ok so you're gonna need the following tools
- blender + your m2mod4
- a working wow model viewer
- a hexeditor with template support like 010 editor
- a template script like this one http://www.nomorepasting.com/getpaste.php?pasteid=33480

you open the m2 model you wanna edit in hexeditor
then run the template on the m2 file so you have a nice tree structure for the file

navigate to: struct M2_File > struct Bones > struct Bone Bones[x] > struct ABlock_S Rotation > struct Values > struct SubAnimBlock_S substruct[y]
there you can change all values, copy and paste something from another animation, or simple enter "1" for "int32 nValues" to make it frozen without much work (haven't tried "0" yet)
the values struct "ShortVec4 anim[?]" describe the points in time
the animation starts at anim[0] and ends/repeats at the last entry

y = the animation number you want to edit (identical to the wow model viewer number)
x = the bone number in the animation you want to edit - like the right arm bones in emote_wave (identical to the bone number in blender with the m2i files)

all animations are saved per bone
so if you want to completely replace a animation you have to look which bones are moved for a certain animation
then you have to edit the specific animation number in all of the affected bones

there still are a few other things like timestamps scaling etc...
i'm sure they don't need explanation if u got this far Re: M2Mod tool + Cromon's Injector (v4.03)(2011.01.14)

That"s pretty cool and if I had the time I'd definitely play with that. Would it be possible to take an animation from one model and apply it to another, to achieve (for example) the night elf idle bounce in blood elves, just by taking the values from the night elf and applying it to the belf model, or would you have to recreate the bounce in blood elves from scratch?

Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:47 am 

redaxle wrote:
Ok, I released an update, no at version 4.02, fixed the IgnoreExtras option, actually removed it and split it up into IgnoreBones, IgnoreAttachments, and IgnoreCameras. Let me know if there's anything else that needs fixing.

PS. F U Blizz, why you gotta nerf us?

And no, there isn't any way to rotate bones, they are stored as points in the M2 so there's no concept of orientation or anything.
wow that was quick thanks
i can confirm both seem to be fully working now

any idea how one could fix the rotation of the shoulders attachment points?
they are somehow getting their rotation from their assigned bone
(please don't say i'd have to edit all 150+ animations manually)

a shame blizzard broke model editing with the patch :/
hope there will be an easy way to make it work again soon

Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:12 pm 

any solutions for my problem yet Redaxle?

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37
 >> Next