New Topic Post Reply  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:57 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

Nah, I don't think you bothered anyone. Everyone just secretly wishes that your strategy would work Re: just a small suggestion about all this modding in cata.

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:22 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

redaxle wrote:
first rule of model edit club is, don't talk about model edit club.

What is this Model edit club you speak of? *winks*

Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:11 pm 

That's the rationale WE use, yes. We're the only ones who can see the changes.

However, when it comes to modhacking, if you make a client patch that swaps a gate for, say, a small potted plant, and distribute it to all your buddies, you now have a sizeable advantage over people who don't have the patch. Blizz DOES take aggressive action at 'hit-box' or collision changes, because then it's not a matter of what you can see that other's can't ... it's a matter of what you can DO that other's can't.

Because model edits and modhacking is based on the same principle, when Blizz cracks down on the modhackers, we get caught up in the dragnet as well. And I don't think Blizz's tools are set to tell the difference between a gate-turned-into-a-plant, and a Draenei with vast tracts of land, either.

So... if you use the injector method, use with caution, don't let on that you have it, and come patch day, rename the MPQ file and refrain from running the injector until people here have had a chance to see what changes were made.

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:56 am 

Considering the nature of most of the material here?

No.

Blizz would never condone anything that overtly breaks the Teen rating on their cash cow.

Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:48 am 

I concur that the idea of the original poster is... well... dangerous at least. I have still been thinking about this (and haven't found an answer yet) Why couldn't Blizz just loosen up the security with character/weapon models +both skins and such. They could still keep Warden scanning all the game breaking exploitable stuff though.

They actually nudged a bit in that direction for some time during WoTLK. This way, they wouldn't need to publicly give any permissions to such, thus keeping their company image intact.

No idea. And as someone already said, this is just wishful thinking. Whatever, still throwing some ideas around.
Oh and sorry, my text can be confusing and really not laid out properly, that's why I really dislike writing on the forums.

Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:37 am 

Highly unlikely; wishful thinking at best, really.

Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:07 am 

the original post was a bad idea

but I have read the user agreement and scanned the forums and from what i can tell is the only way model editing is against the rules and punishable is if the model is some how able to be seen by any one other then the account using the edit if people are getting banned over it id say that's wrong cause they don't put every thing in black and white in that damned agreement so in my eyes its open for interpretation

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:19 am 

Yeah real bad fuckin idea but the moding here is great the we can be blizzard model moders

Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:05 am 

Flamingchimp wrote:
Now the real question is what have THEY come up with in THEIR spare time no?
Probably nothing because they don't want to get fired.

Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:24 pm 

Smooke wrote:
Hey!

Just wondering if there might be a good idea to actually invite blizzard to this site and maybe try to come up with a solution
with them? i mean this is a rather big community and blizz might even do something to allow us to have our mods without
the risk of getting banned. for example they could work with the artists on this site and in some way let the artists upload
their work and blizz put their "stamp of approval" and it will work without problems.

this is just a suggestion and sry for my bad english.

It won't work. Blizzard - a world-wide company - to associate itself with a sexually explict website such as nude mod? It's just not going to happen, but I'm pretty sure they know about nude mod and MMOwned and whatever other fucked up/illegal/etc websites there are out there.

The only thing that can be requested is for new model updates to those that have existed for more than 6 years now. Which they say they are considering to do so.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3
 >> Next