New Topic Post Reply  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:41 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

Should I take this post as a "lots of people have been using it and no one has been banned yet" post?

I'd love to have my boobs back, but I really don't want to get banned over boobs Re: Cromon's Injector - Zangetsu0's compile - Tools and FAQ

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:27 am 

just checking in if anyone has gotten the injector to work for XP i still cannot get it to work=(

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:02 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

Admin: Comment removed...I think this negativity can be taken elsewhere. If you have solid proof then provide it and we can deal with a possible infection.

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:07 am 

fadedglory wrote:
I said I am successfully using the injector with texture mods on XP SP2. I find the ability to pick and choose which patch I want from MpgFiles.txt (I uncomment the one(s) I want on each invocation of WoW) to be quite convenient and very simple. If you're not adept at jumping through hoops, you
probably shouldn't.

Textures can be loaded via injector as well. -nodelay is described as the preferred method of loading the injector by the Cromon, the person that wrote the code. Unfortunately, this method just loads WoW as it loads the injector, which prevents the injector from correctly changing the offset needed to make models load.

I have yet to see -nodelay work with models precisely due to that reason. If someone could figure out a way of forcing the tool to wait until Wow was loaded before it began the injection process, that may solve the issue for Windows XP users.

kimict wrote:
You don't need the injector for texture mods, idiot. It's been explained many times using certain sound MPQs. The injector is used for loading changes in the sizes of certain parts of the models themselves. I don't know where you're getting the nodelay nonsense. I would ask if you just worded it wrong, but you said regrettably that you only got textures to work. That breaks your argument down to beg the question why you're bothering with the injector in the first place.

Edit: I understand the "idiot" remark was out of line. But stop insisting that something is working for you, when you just explained, yourself, how it isn't.

Cut it out. He is trying to make progress. Loading texture mods USING the injector clearly indicates that the problem lies with injecting models using the -nodelay method. That is progress.

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:15 pm 

sexleg wrote:
To people having trouble on Windows XP... Have you tried installing the VC2010 runtimes?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... bf0912db84

Also note that they seem to require SP3.

If that doesn't work I tried compiling the injector slightly differently in the hope of improving compatibility. AVG really cracks the shits at it now (and I'm sure other AV programs will too) but theres not much I can do about that.

Again it's up to you to take the risk of using random binaries provided on the internet, if you don't want to take that risk then compile it yourself, it's really not too hard.

Binaries:
http://www.mediafire.com/?y0cr2uddanl1c15

If you want to try it yourself the changes I made were:
- Set runtime library of Injector.cpp project to Multi-threaded (/MT)
- Set runtime library of Mopaq.cpp project to Multi-threaded DLL (/MD)
- Set runtime library of VectoredHandler.cpp project to Multi-threaded DLL (/MD)

Compile as normal from there.

Now my Windows/C++ development skills are severely lacking but, from what I've read, using the "release" runtime libraries instead of debug (the default) is a lot more compatible. Hope this helps someone. I could be way off the mark and it will make no difference though Re: Cromon's Injector - Zangetsu0's compile - Tools and FAQ My expertise lies with Java and PHP so that's my excuse.
I tried everything you suggested short of compiling it myself, because I'm not that computer savvy. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I even checked to make sure I have service pack 3, and I do. And it keeps giving me the same failed assertion on a certain line of code.

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:30 am 

Here is a link to the exact source code I used:
http://anyhub.net/file/1lkZ-inject.zip

I compiled it using cl.exe in VS2010, with exceptions enabled. I did not attempt to optimize it.

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:31 am 

Don't let jost get you down, haters gonna hate.

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:38 am 

Loki399 wrote:
just checking in if anyone has gotten the injector to work for XP i still cannot get it to work=(

This.

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:48 am 

For what it's worth, Zangetsu0, thanks.

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:05 am 

So us Windows XP users are still unable to get the mods working, or did I miss something in recent posts?

I'm still trying to figure out if it's either Models or Texture edits that work, i'm not very tech savy so I'm just winging it with the walk-throughs people post to use these programs. 4.0 and up I'm unable to get anything working. Re: Cromon's Injector - Zangetsu0's compile - Tools and FAQ

I'm an active WoW player looking for interaction! ERP, or RP, I don't care which, If I'm not raiding I'm up for some fun (^_^)-b

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next