All times are UTC [ DST ]

New Topic Post Reply  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:34 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

Patch 4.0.1 update: Sorry there is no update yet. I don't have a live WoW subscription at the moment, so I can't even test these patches, let alone fix any that don't work. I don't have a timeline, as I really don't intend to resub unless Cata is incredibly awesome. I may still make 3.x compatible patches for those of you in China or playing on an (illegal) private server that's still on the 3.x patch level, but no promises.

October 10th 2010:

Night Elf and Draenei Tramp Stamps! Blood Elf-Shaped Orcs (F) (Model Swap & Reskin) Tramp Stamps Blood Elf-Shaped Orcs (F) (Model Swap & Reskin) Tramp Stamps Blood Elf-Shaped Orcs (F) (Model Swap & Reskin) Tramp Stamps

I took Dyable's Shaved Night Elf skin and Yukii's No-Tan Draenei skin (which are my favorites for those races) and put the Alliance logo on their lower back:

Blood Elf-Shaped Orcs (F) (Model Swap & Reskin) Tramp StampsBlood Elf-Shaped Orcs (F) (Model Swap & Reskin) Tramp Stamps

Unlike yesterday's mod, these are just a nude skins like any other here on nude mod, use it for your Nelfs and Draenei if you wish.

Downloads:

Night Elf: http://www.mediafire.com/file/b66ucr4mc ... pStamp.rar
Draenei: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tu29ndt5a ... pStamp.rar

I now have GIMP file templates for Horde and Alliance, but they are only guaranteed to be lined up for Blood Elves for the Horde side and Night Elves for the Alliance side (if your skins are the same resolution). This isn't newbie friendly, but if you know what you're doing, feel free to use them to tramp up your skins:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/z3dn2ww91 ... pFiles.rar

October 9th 2010:

I just made a new version of this mod that I've been thinking about for a bit, my blood elf - shaped orc with a "tramp stamp" (of the Horde logo) tattoo! Blood Elf-Shaped Orcs (F) (Model Swap & Reskin) Tramp Stamps

Blood Elf-Shaped Orcs (F) (Model Swap & Reskin) Tramp Stamps

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/e17p1a5wl ... sShiny.rar

Only the Seskin XL Shiny Heels model is included, but the download also includes both tramp stamp and non-tramp stamp versions, and for both of those, large weapon and standard blood elf sized weapon versions.

The main problem with the large weapon size version is it breaks the stealth animation... it still works but it uses the walk animation instead of the stealth walk animation. Can't figure out why, its probably some bug with Glitchy's MES. Blood Elf-Shaped Orcs (F) (Model Swap & Reskin) Tramp Stamps Other than that this mod is the same as described below.

Now if you want to add a "tramp stamp" to your own skin edits, here's the GIMP files you can paste on top of your files to add it: http://www.mediafire.com/file/z3dn2ww91 ... pFiles.rar . You need to edit the FemaleNakedPelvisSkin and FemaleSkin blps. This should fit blood elves perfectly if the files are scaled the same, other races probably need to be shifted a bit, you'll have to experiment. Not for skinning newbies.

Original Posts:

I wanted to learn more about WoW's dbc files, so I started playing with a female orc to female blood elf model swap I downloaded from MMOwned.

This model swap changes Female Orcs to have the body shape and hair styles of Blood Elves, but with the skin color of orcs. In addition to the default Blizzard blood elf model, I put in the nude mod Blood Elf model edits I liked best.

Here they all are:

Blizzard's: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mzwnjnrey ... izzard.rar
OrangeBlue's: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zttohyo5i ... geBlue.rar
Redaxle's: http://www.mediafire.com/file/z3zkjdzwl ... edaxle.rar
ScDK's: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mmnitfhit ... s-ScDK.rar
Seskin's: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nmmmtt0zm ... Seskin.rar

The files "patch-BelfShapedOrcs-*.MPQ" contain the model swap. You will have to rename that file to "patch-?.MPQ", where ? is a number from 4-9 or a letter from A to Z. Filenames are case sensitive, so be sure to have "patch" in lower case and "?.MPQ" in UPPER CASE.

Here is what it looks like (Seskin's XL blood elf pictured, next to the default Orc):

How it was done:

I altered the original model swap firstly to use a blood elf model, and to use female orc textures instead of blood elf textures. This means that blood elf textures are not changed in-game. Then I added in the correct hair textures, and changed the dbc so the male orc hair wouldn't be messed up. And the biggest part of this was altering blood elf face textures to match the orc's skin textures, using various color alterations (all done in Gimp) (this took a crazy long time to finish).

I altered the dbc files to make the similar hair styles correspond with each other, so that the orc pony tail stays pony-tail-ish and the boar tails stay boar tails. Many obviously didn't translate well, so I just picked something vaguely similar. Blood Elf-Shaped Orcs (F) (Model Swap & Reskin) Tramp Stamps Same thing for hair colors: black goes to black, red to red, etc. And I increased the size setting for female orcs, since IMO they are orcs and should be bigger than blood elves Blood Elf-Shaped Orcs (F) (Model Swap & Reskin) Tramp Stamps . So the model is scaled up by 10% via a dbc file setting.

Finally since almost every female orc people create uses the one pretty face, I spent extra time on the corresponding blood elf face, making it use my favorite blood elf face texture and giving it the pretty blue eyes.

I borrowed liberally from other authors on the nude mod pages:

Nude skins are included, private parts were cut and pasted from Swiftlippen's 1.12 nude pack onto Blizzard's high rez orc skins. Death Knight skins are included.

One of the hair textures is from Rattus' "Actual black hair for BE M&F" patch.

The blood elf models used are:
Blizzard's default
OrangeBlue's
Redaxle's (Normal and Normal without Hair edits, sorry no slim models)
ScDK's (Small, Medium, Big, Bigger, and BozoongaBig, the last 2 I think were made by someone else though)
Seskin's (M, L, XL, XL with High Heels) (sorry no Shiny models)

I used Redaxle's BLPPNGBBQ program to convert BLPs to PNGs and vice versa.

Things left to do:

1) The NPC textures aren't modified, but NPC models are modified. So female orcs (for example, guards in Orgrimmar) have messed up faces. I still have yet to learn how to fix that.

2) Change eye colors so the majority no longer have green eyes (I already changed "the pretty face" to have blue eyes).

Warning:

This file alters the following DBC files; if you're running a patch that also modifies one of these files, something isn't going to work:

CharacterFacialHairStyles.dbc
CharHairGeosets.dbc
CharSections.dbc
CreatureDisplayInfo.dbc

Now when I was all done, I realized that it would take hardly any work at all to make a texture pack for blood elves to make them use the orcish skins.

So I made a MPQ with just orc-colored skins for blood elves, the file is "patch-OrcSkinnedBelfs.MPQ". Here is what it looks like:

Here is where you can download it:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ymtwnv2jz ... dBelfs.rar

Only textures are changed in this patch, no model swap or DBC file alterations. I'm unsure if it affects high elves or other NPCs in the game or not. Also I made this latter patch in MyWarcraftStudio instead of MPQEditor, so it should work in WoW Model Viewer just fine.

Hope you guys like these Blood Elf-Shaped Orcs (F) (Model Swap & Reskin) Tramp Stamps .

Edit: I forgot to mention, the orc to blood elf model swap came with a head-armor hider, and that is still included.

Edit2: I just looked at the added info in patch 3.3.2 and more helm models were added. So the head-armor hider is already out of date and it will probably be "wrong" if you find someone with the new gear. Once I can find someone with a new helm hider I'll update it.

Edit3: I removed the eye-glow from all the models, since they are orcs, not elves. Uploaded a ton of new models by 4 nude mod authors and the default Blizzard model. Separated the OrcSkinnedBelves patch from the BelfShapedOrcs patches, so people can download whichever ones they want.

Edit4: For info on the demo video, read here:

Last edited by on Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:33 am, edited 9 times in total.

Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:34 am 

Only issue i'm seeing in WoWMV is the ears being covered by hair in some styles. Can't find anything related to guards to test tho.

Unfortunately I don't grasp dbc files enough atm to figure out how to get this working w/ the M to F swap i'm using. It's a shame, mod looks good in MV.

Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:08 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

anyone know of any new or enhanced hairstyles/features for female draenei?
Looking for something fresh...

Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:16 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:10%
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:10%

Zilem wrote:
Wrong hair Textures on Orc Male if textures is Swaped
or Wrong hair Textures on Orc-Elf female if texture are not Swaped
Chaisy wrote:
Actually using the patch won't mess with orc-male hair, because I threw the altered textures in the orc-female folder and altered the dbc to look for them there instead of the usual place. It works perfectly! Re: Blood Elf-Shaped Orcs (F) (Model Swap & Reskin) Tramp StampsI was refering to making the model edit with Moving the Files instead of changing DBC files

I guess aslong you include CharacterFacialHairStyles.dbc and CharHairGeosets.dbc
you should be able to rename and Move all the needed Bloodelf Files to the Orc female Directory in a MPQ

So we/you should be able to use the CharSections.dbc and CreatureDisplayInfo.dbc for something else
Atleast untill the NPC Error is Fixed then i Guess thise 2 Files will be Required aswell

In theory

Chaisy wrote:
"(aside i can tell you what you did looks good)"

That works for me Re: Blood Elf-Shaped Orcs (F) (Model Swap & Reskin) Tramp StampsOh i didn't see i written that, that must have ben my other self.., you must have earned it ^.^

Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:07 am 

exicy2 wrote:
Ahhh thank you very much it is an amazing mod by the way!

Thanks! Re: Blood Elf-Shaped Orcs (F) (Model Swap & Reskin) Tramp Stamps

Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:49 am 

Chaisy wrote:
On another note, I just discovered that my patches using Redaxle's and Seskin's models all break for the steathed standing animation. (Fortunately female orc rogues are rare.) I'm pretty sure it has to be caused by my including the wrong Blizzard animation files in the patch.... I don't have time to fix it right now though.

I just confirmed the fix. Since Redaxle and Seskin don't replace all the default Bliz .anim and .skin files its important to copy the correct ones into the model swap. And it turns out that the common-2.mpq, patch.mpq, AND patch-2.mpq all have some but not all of those files. So you have to realize that common-2 is loaded first, then patch, then patch-2, and include the most recent version of each .anim and .skin files. When I remade it while being careful about that, the stealth animation worked just fine Re: Blood Elf-Shaped Orcs (F) (Model Swap & Reskin) Tramp Stamps .

So the files aren't updated yet, I still don't have time to remake them all, and I'm also going to wait until I make a couple other tweaks. But the good news is I got Seskin's shiny models to work, and it looks real nice imo with orc skins Re: Blood Elf-Shaped Orcs (F) (Model Swap & Reskin) Tramp Stamps .

Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:08 pm 

Chaisy wrote:
The ONLY one with heels is the Seskin's XL Shiny version.

Thanks. That would've done as an answer for my first question. I've gone for one of the other options since the heels option didn't work with the boots i have anyway :p few mods do. I might have to remedy this... Re: Blood Elf-Shaped Orcs (F) (Model Swap & Reskin) Tramp Stamps

Re: Blood Elf-Shaped Orcs (F) (Model Swap & Reskin) Tramp Stamps

Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:58 pm 

Quoll wrote:
Can the swap be used w/o DBCs or are they required?Not realy, but you get less Errors this way
and yes you can Turn a Orc into a half Orc-Elf, by Renaming and relocating the Model and it's Animation, Skins and Textures to the Orc's
(and keep them inside a Non-Blizz MPQ)

Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:23 pm 

Renjer wrote:
and i like your avatar pic ^^

And I like yours, where is it from? :p

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:39 pm 

Rar is like Zip and a few others kinds of archive files. You can use Winrar to extract the files, get a trial version of winrar here: http://www.rarlab.com/download.php . You probably want to download the one called "WinRAR x86 (32 bit) 3.93". Install that and then you can get the MPQ file out of the rar file.[/quote]

Ahhh thank you very much it is an amazing mod by the way!

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 >> Next