Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re Alan's Women of Steel
Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:16 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

Fantastic looking skins. Great for all my toons, because I never RP a dainty gal. Though I too would second-third-fourth the motion for all races to be included. I'm a bit of a completist.

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:53 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

aw don't let blizzard turn you down with their annoying patches, keep up te good work!

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:26 am 

mightymystical wrote:
I checked this patch out and i like it alot, the abs look really good.
Though one thing though i think could be better(this is just my opinion though).
Im a huge fan of Night elves and the hairy cooch doesnt really do it for me, i myself would rather have one without the fuzzyness.
With all that being said awesome work nonetheless, cheers.

Nice to see some toned skins for females out there. However, I agree with the quoted poster about the pubic hair extravaganza on these skins. Also the hooves for the Draenei look really off-color compared to the rest of the skin. Otherwise nice job!
Re: Alan's Women of Steel

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:28 am 

Hairy muffs are awesome. Haters gonna hate.

(read the rules before you PM me regarding a deleted thread, or risk getting a warning)

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:13 am 

G'Morningggg ~~~-(- - ) [~])

First of all, found yesterday evening a sharp shaver (survived folder of the pc-crash), so i told the tanned Bloodelf and the Nightelf to lay back, spread and relax.

Here the shaved Version > http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PO1F4RR9
The Human was out house, so she must stay a bushy redhead for short time =/

Also includes a friend of the Nightelf, i totally forgotten.
Re: Alan's Women of Steel

@Faxanadu: I wondered myself about a orc npc skin fit so good on other races. Ok, about Gnomes i do not talk, Dwarfes i do not try (I fear, if their breasts start moving, my monitor crashes) and Scourge / Tauren have their own specs (Bones / bodywide fur). btw superb, anyone knows this good ol NES Classic ;P

@Rhyxali & Mightymistical: In all case i make the next skins first in a shaved version, since its easy to put a lit fur on it. My Server with the work-folders crashed unexpected, so there was no chance, despite the two ones, i explored yesterday (Put them in a wrong folder on a usb stick... for my luck ^^)
The Draenei one is a point i be unlucky with myself. I tried a bit to ripple the break-line, so it seems only the ankles are hairy, but seems, like i have to go downward the hooves. Zilems hint is a point, to think about, althought i must read that again, when my heads clear of cobwebs from a loooong nite. The hint with the color table... is that what i think? A chance to strip those goldrings of the Draeneis tail? Another nude moder hat brought a patch with clear tails, but i didn't found it after crash.

@Zilem The hint with the Eraser tool i would follow. I tried the first time to smoothen the edges by blast em up to greater resolution, but that will be much better. There's a weird thing about gimp, the blizz textures are, once extracted in rgb mode, so the smooth edges are semi-transparent. if i convert now to indexed colour, the semi transparents goes to visible or not visible, so the sharp edges appear. that's why i never do a transparent cloth, without laying a transparent version on the skin of the char, i make it for, cut that and put in in the clothing texture... understandably stuck with the skin tone of this character, if i start another char and want that cloth too.
*little hint: don't use the Cobrahn's grasp belt yet. The transparent silk-texture is made of laying the pant over the texture of the Nelf and cut out the pant. since its for me impossible to create transparency in the .blp file, all characters wear this, will have the fur of the nightelf... "The Wrath of the Nelf-Fur", maybe a coming addon from blizz? >=D

MMh, yeah, that point with the shadow depths... think i right, if is say so, i extract the shadow lines quasi to a "mask", which i can overlay over the other textures, so i don't have to recolor? that would DEFINELY make the work more easier. gimp uses a method called koloring, who you need the targeted skin and the modified skin, than you have switches for lighten up or darken the modified skin in the area of the colours from the target skin. Thing is, seen on the draenei, the process is highly unaccurate, so there's much of manual adjust needet, what can rip the nerves up.

but so far, thanks for the feedback and enjoying the mod =). makes me feel to get further on with it, not only for the self-need. (Huh! Alan, you little Egoist Re: Alan's Women of Steel )

Yours, Alan

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:05 am 

Nice work.

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:45 am 

This is some really gorgeous stuff. You have every reason to be proud of it.

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:43 pm 

I checked this patch out and i like it alot, the abs look really good.
Though one thing though i think could be better(this is just my opinion though).
Im a huge fan of Night elves and the hairy cooch doesnt really do it for me, i myself would rather have one without the fuzzyness.
With all that being said awesome work nonetheless, cheers.

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:46 pm 

on the shaved version i noticed the blood elfs some of their skin tones are and arent shaved so just curious if that could be changed tyvm keep up the good work!

Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:23 pm 

And here comes salvation Re: Alan's Women of Steel
I survived patch time, i survived Christmas and Sylvester. (btw, happy new year guys ^^)

Here's Now Alan Ripley's Elves of Steel.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U15ZL49H

I added two versions in that 7z archive. With all shaved textures and one with the known skintones bushy. (credits to heather carolin for inspiring the bloodelf Re: Alan's Women of Steel.
This are the Raw MPQ Files with only the Skins. For those, who have a way to implement them, do your thing. For those who have not... listen ... carefully. This is, how i do and it still works.

1.)Go into the Data\Cache\enGB Folder. (i play english client, if you use german client, you have to try and error, for this, remind step 2)
2.)Make a Backup copy of the File "patch-enGB-13329.MPQ", so you can recopy it, if anything goes fail.
3.)rename my patch-C-shaved / -bushy to patch-enGB-13329.MPQ and copy it in the Data\Cache\enGB Folder.
4.)Whatever happens.... Leave that folder open, so you can see, what happens.
5.)Start your Launcher and check the folder. Normally, if blizz works on evry PC the same, you see a file appear named "patch-enGB-13329.WriteCacheBackup" (approx. about 22-23 kb great.)
6.) Do nothing and enjoy, how blizzard appends your custom MPQ with their own cache data ^^ (This is the part, i love most these days >=})
7.) Once you see the File dissappear, your renamed Patch would be grown from about 4k kb to something like >17 kb (I've patche alot with clothings to test it, so i could'nt remember all the sizes.)
8.) klick Start... and enjoy yer Blood or Nightelves of the barbarian age.

if nothing happens on the launcher, go in the login-Screen and switch back to desktop, looking for changes now. If the writecachebackup files appear now, just let it work, wait till it dissapears, exit game and start it again.

If nothing of this happens... call the president and let me know.

For those who are not much into Elfes... I have to work, to raid, to beat the shit out of deathwing, but im still on it. It will take time. (exept, that the Gnomes with that skin gave me a chill Re: Alan's Women of Steel

Yours Alan.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next