Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re Alan's Women of Steel
Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:34 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

@Zeleuse Exactly that's, what i had in mind ^^ beside that the buff version was a little bit to "East-European-Female-Swimmer" - alike. I feared, my char jumps out the screen and strangulate me, see Onatop, Goldeneye (a very favorite death, btw Re: Alan's Women of Steel )
Atm im working on the Feet of the Draenei and try to get rid of that bush-alike shadow on the shaved skin. For my luck i found a trick, for i can easier recolor the tones. Also i be a little experimental on the way. If you mod, you recognize, that the biological right place for some specific female part sits not in front, where you draw the lower stomach, it sits rather on that side, you draw the buttcheeks, especially in the little triangle between these and the inner leg-texture. so its a small part to draw and that makes it a pixel-moving work.

My greatest wish for Cristmas? Frank Frazetta comes down from heaven and says: Listen, Son, that's how you have to draw her down there. Re: Alan's Women of Steel

Back on Work, Alan

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:08 pm 

AlanRipley wrote:
First Zilem, every time i logged in you were by me ^^ and i still try to bring back your excellent Darnassus-Sentinels >=)Well i am the lore keeper of this forum, that didn't sound right....
Those textures might work if you convert them to Png and then back into Blp
unless you plan creating your own

AlanRipley wrote:
gimme feedbackVery well.

If you think your Clothing/Armor Textures have a bit to pixilated edges
you can refine them with a Eraser tool which works just like the paint prush, aside that it Erase instead in a much less pexilated fashion, i don't know what it's dalled in Gimp but it should be there

What Rhyxali & Mightymystical is talking about is that the hoof area of the texture only have a single color
Now lets your draenei texture have used up it's 256 colors (which it have)
But if you go trough the color table you will notice that the face uses a numbers of colors that's not used anyway on the texture
So if you mark the head area and use a color that is already on the color table you will have a handfull of more color which you can use on the Hoof area.
and fear not the Head area is not used, it's underneath the Face Textures (and that also includes: Tail, Ear, Mouth, Eyelid and Horn)

Looks like a staring point, if i ware you i would try working on creating a copy of the shadow Depths
so you could use that in a mix with the base Root-Texture, then i think will be able to use it for more races and control it alittle better

For the dreanei ankle fur i would suggest adding some lines maybe look up a texture of a Wolf/Cat/Tauren/Worgen to see it from that perspective

Also you might have the Name of the mag'har skinner known if you ask Blizz
else im sure it will be said at a Blizzcon (atleast at the Warcraft Artboard's Q&A)

Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:06 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

oh ...

i love so lush

thanks!

Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:41 pm 

FIGHT THE POWER

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:22 am 

hi i just went to download this an picked up sum malware was just wanting to let you guys know but i do really like these patches tho thanx for them

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:19 pm 

Second the request for other skin tones. Great work!

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:28 pm 

Draenei dosn't work or you didin't made for them yet Re: Alan's Women of Steel?

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:20 am 

Bad News anyone. I'm at the point, i want to delete all the f***ng blizz-stuff. I was almost ready for the skintones, had only the Draenei left. Today, i patched, i go online, i became a bad stomach and smoked 5 zigs in a row to came down... my lovely pally looked at me, with a standart blizzart pally tank gear. The look on her sweet face cryed "HELP ME OUT OF THAT STUFF AND GET ME RID OF THAT NAILCOLORS AND WHERE ARE MY MUSCLES GONE AND WHAT DUMB GOBLIN SHAVED ME?!"

I tried anything. Renamed em, repacked em. change the name to the "wow-update-xxxxx.MPQ" formula. Nothn'. What is that with blizz? People create Art. There is more behind than giving your char nipples and a puss. Almost got Zilems tips with creating transparency and hell it worked good. I had the start for good items, not revealing all, just teasing. A good start to go on the item patches after finishing the skins. And now?

Sorry if i'm disturbing here but i need to let a bit steam out. However... i check now the stickys and retry further, once that updater gives me a break. between i use wowmodelviewer to check the skins and work on the next.

... my poor bloodelf... that's heartless =(:::

Yours, Alan (... I need a zig.)

Re: Alan's Women of Steel

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:39 pm 

metalbeast83 wrote:
hi i just went to download this an picked up sum malware was just wanting to let you guys know but i do really like these patches tho thanx for them

I would suspect that Megaupload popped an ad that in turn tossed you a drive-by install. Or, you'd already got it, but it hadn't tripped your radar yet. Depending on OS, you may or may not have been prompted to let a program run (I'm on Win7, and it's quite good at dimming my whole screen and asking if I REALLY want to run disguised-malware-install.exe....)

I put most known "ad server" domains into my hosts file as localhost aliases (mapped to 127.0.0.1) so that they never even load. I also run ESET and Windows Defender, which are fairly good at catching drive-by installs.

As for the zip/gz download Alan's provided, it is clean, and contains nothing but the two MPQ's. I've looked inside them with Ladik's MPQ editor, and there are no EXE's inside.

Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:50 pm 

Works just fine atm, all I did was rename the patch-A.MPQ to SoundCache-patch-13287.MPQ and replace the real SoundCache-patch-13287.MPQ in the Data/Cache folder. I suggest making a copy of the original though.

Really needs moar skintones though. Re: Alan's Women of Steel

Gawd, these skins customized to fit dyables models... That'd be the ultra drooldom. (Models don't work right now though. ._.)

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next