1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:29 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

Zorin wrote:
You inject, you get banned.

Seriously, Blizzard will not ban you for model edits. They will ban you for injecting into their process if they catch you. This is WAY too risky to look a boobs.

I think the same concern was out there when WoWme was first introduced. That's not to say that Blizzard isn't looking harder to stop these hacks and who uses them.

The risk has always been there.

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:23 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

Nice! Avatar! Boomkin!!

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:36 pm 

bloodred1990 wrote:
To be honest I was using a program that allowed me to deliberately edit my toon while in the game, As for the e-mail I would love to link it but my inbox is set on a delete timer every 2 days of not touching e-mail(s) so by the time I read "post or BS" Can't really prove i'm telling the truth, All I can say is that I was using multiple programs together to allow in-game editing of my toon.

So in short, the jokes on me for both being dumb to attempt it, AND for not saving/copying the e-mail. Believe it or don't believe it; Simply stating what I attempted. Either way, it means little to no changes as of yet.

So in other words you got banned for using something not even associated with the injector. Why even bring it up here?

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:51 pm 

Like 5 min ago I stole a node from one of those ass hats that run around under the ground stealing mine nodes. They are one of the big problems.

I say for now to test it as safely as we can and sit back and wait alil to see if any shit hits the fan

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:16 pm 

The code that is posted there so far is just enough to make the thing work for people who know how to code or at least know how to copy and paste into visual studio.

I am pretty sure a finished product would have a lot more code to it as it would take setting up each easy to use button, and maybe even decoration, which would been extracting any JPG file they used for making the program look nice, if they go so far.

Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:16 am 

assuming trial accounts are not being banned, are you sure they are leaving you alone just because that trial will end in 10 days and you can't do things like send mail?

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:55 pm 

Now, this is intriguing. You claim they banned you and specified that they banned you for enlarging parts of a character model.

But how could they have possibly known you were enlarging parts of a model? The effects of an edit show up only on your client, and Warden cannot scan the contents of your files. Even assuming they were scanning for character edits, how could they know what you were doing with it? You could have been turning your character into a gnome or slimming down parts of the model.

Quell the skeptic in me and show us the email, if you please.

Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:45 am 

Purrversion wrote:
Less bitter infighting, more crossing fingers for updated tools and model edits plz.
I concur.

Also, for any tool developers that happen to be reading this, this page will likely be a massive help for you in reverse engineering the Cata M2 format:
http://www.madx.dk/wowdev/wiki/index.php?title=M2/Cata

Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:27 am 

bloodred1990 wrote:
Made a trial account and tested injector, I just recently got the account banned, they wrote me, and I qoute "Enlargment of sections of a character model" as part of their e-mail they sent regarding my ban.

I was simply using XXXL Breasts Model Edits and they must have considered it an exploit. Probably should have gone with the not-so-large size. Re: A way to get Model Edits to work with Cataclysm

For the record I did no exploitation, It was a trial account so I made a random toon from scratch as part of the test.
Permanent ban?

Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:57 pm 

There have been skin jobs and model edits for years. I know the model edits came, or at least widely used, around BC. I think skin jobs have been out before BC.

It has been years, and very few reports on bans, infact what few that did exist, almost always was done by either a cheater, or someone who talked too much in game.

The general idea about them, is dont cheat, and dont tell in game.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 >> Next