New Topic Post Reply  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:15 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

What kind of errors can it cause? So far i'm not seeing a problem in WoWMV but i'm not really sure what to look for.

Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:46 am 

This is very cool! Orc base skins are awesome because they have the most detail by far, especially compared to blood elves which seem to have the least. These characters run *everywhere*, it makes sense they'd be ripped. I well understand how long the faces must have taken: thanks for the hard work.

Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:33 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

Turnpike303 wrote:
Can you do this without the shiny texture and huge breasts? Just basically leave the heels and belf model (maybe a slight increase in breast size but nothing too big). Or tell me how to change it myself if it's easier to do? Re: Blood Elf-Shaped Orcs (F) (Model Swap & Reskin) Tramp Stamps

Chaisy wrote:
This model swap changes Female Orcs to have the body shape and hair styles of Blood Elves, but with the skin color of orcs. In addition to the default Blizzard blood elf model, I put in the nude mod Blood Elf model edits I liked best.

Here they all are:

Blizzard's: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mzwnjnrey ... izzard.rar
OrangeBlue's: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zttohyo5i ... geBlue.rar
Redaxle's: http://www.mediafire.com/file/z3zkjdzwl ... edaxle.rar
ScDK's: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mmnitfhit ... s-ScDK.rar
Seskin's: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nmmmtt0zm ... Seskin.rar

The files "patch-BelfShapedOrcs-*.MPQ" contain the model swap. You will have to rename that file to "patch-?.MPQ", where ? is a number from 4-9 or a letter from A to Z. Filenames are case sensitive, so be sure to have "patch" in lower case and "?.MPQ" in UPPER CASE.

You didn't even try to read a thing did you? Anyways, there's 5 model swaps authors to choose from, including the default Blizzard belf, and most of the other authors have multiple versions to choose from as well. Go find one you like and stop asking people to hold your hand because you can't read.

As for the next poster... this is a Blood Elf shaped Orc thread... asking for Draenei is off-topic. There's plenty of other threads that like to mod their draenei, go look for them and stop polluting the forum.

Sorry I'm feeling like chewing people out tonight. Its really annoying when people can't read past the first paragraph or top post on the forum. Use your brain.

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:41 pm 

exicy2 wrote:
I was wondering though if you would do this ith any other characters perhaps? Maybe in the future?

You never know, but its highly unlikely. I like the shape of the blood elves but like the toughness of orc girls... and I play an orc, so I blended them. Its a lot of work and I'm not taking requests. If I do something like this again, it will only be because I wanted to use it in game for my own benefit. Sorry!

But people are free to take what I've done and run with it, if they want! It just (probably) won't ever be me doing it.

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:58 pm 

WOW youre really good at it. Do you take requests by any chance?

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:25 pm 

October 10th 2010:

Night Elf and Draenei Tramp Stamps! Re: Blood Elf-Shaped Orcs (F) (Model Swap & Reskin) Tramp Stamps Re: Blood Elf-Shaped Orcs (F) (Model Swap & Reskin) Tramp Stamps Re: Blood Elf-Shaped Orcs (F) (Model Swap & Reskin) Tramp Stamps

I took Dyable's Shaved Night Elf skin and Yukii's No-Tan Draenei skin (which are my favorites for those races) and put the Alliance logo on their lower back:

Re: Blood Elf-Shaped Orcs (F) (Model Swap & Reskin) Tramp StampsRe: Blood Elf-Shaped Orcs (F) (Model Swap & Reskin) Tramp Stamps

Unlike yesterday's mod, these are just a nude skins like any other here on nude mod, use it for your Nelfs and Draenei if you wish.

Downloads:

Night Elf: http://www.mediafire.com/file/b66ucr4mc ... pStamp.rar
Draenei: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tu29ndt5a ... pStamp.rar

I now have GIMP file templates for Horde and Alliance, but they are only guaranteed to be lined up for Blood Elves for the Horde side and Night Elves for the Alliance side (if your skins are the same resolution). This isn't newbie friendly, but if you know what you're doing, feel free to use them to tramp up your skins:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/z3dn2ww91 ... pFiles.rar

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:35 pm 

grizzlybear wrote:
where is the updated modelswap?
I only link to the most recent version.

On another note, I just discovered that my patches using Redaxle's and Seskin's models all break for the steathed standing animation. (Fortunately female orc rogues are rare.) I'm pretty sure it has to be caused by my including the wrong Blizzard animation files in the patch.... I don't have time to fix it right now though. Does anyone know which animation file is for the stealth standing animation?

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:07 pm 

Zilem wrote:
Wrong hair Textures on Orc Male if textures is Swaped
or Wrong hair Textures on Orc-Elf female if texture are not Swaped
Actually using the patch won't mess with orc-male hair, because I threw the altered textures in the orc-female folder and altered the dbc to look for them there instead of the usual place. It works perfectly! Re: Blood Elf-Shaped Orcs (F) (Model Swap & Reskin) Tramp Stamps

(aside i can tell you what you did looks good)

That works for me Re: Blood Elf-Shaped Orcs (F) (Model Swap & Reskin) Tramp Stamps

Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:22 am 

anonimas12 wrote:
WOW youre really good at it. Do you take requests by any chance?

No, sorry, I just post what I found interesting enough to make for myself.

To be honest my latest tramp stamp thing I realized I should have made them partially transparent and probably reduced the colors seeing how I don't want the tattoo to take up too many of the 256 we are given. So depending on how the Cata thing shakes down I may re-make them.

Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:25 pm 

I just had a breakthrough which enables me to eliminate one DBC file and still have the model be bigger "due to being an orc". And stealth is fixed of course.

Here is the new edit using Seskin's XL Heels Shiny model: http://www.mediafire.com/file/e17p1a5wl ... sShiny.rar

The others models will have to wait, as there's still a few things I want to fix and before I release them all at once. Remember that my other links for Seskin's and Redaxle's models in the OP still aren't fixed for the stealth animation.

Ok, here's how it works: Previously I edited the "CreatureDisplayInfo.dbc" file to make female orcs appear 10% and then later only 8% larger, since they "should be" bigger than blood elves (according to me Re: Blood Elf-Shaped Orcs (F) (Model Swap & Reskin) Tramp Stamps ). This had the side effect of making it impossible to pass through certain tight spaces that the character should be able to get through. For example, at the farm in arathi basin, at 10% larger you can't get inside the building with the powerup. That's why I reduced it to 8%. But there were still places that I couldn't get through while mounted, so I'd have to dismount, go through, and then re-mount, its a pain.

Also as has been pointed out in this thread, its "bad" to use more dbc file edits than you have to, because some people want to use more than one mod that edits those files, and then they have to choose or learn how to combine a custom file. So the more dbc edits you can eliminate the better.

So the solution was to use Glitchy's Model Edit Studio program (found at MMOwned) to scale the model. And just like that, even though the model is now 10% bigger than the default blood elf, you can still pass through every place the same as unscaled. But the real trick was figuring out how to get Glitchy's program to work on custom models. Officially its not supposed to work. But I don't give up that easily Re: Blood Elf-Shaped Orcs (F) (Model Swap & Reskin) Tramp Stamps .

No matter what files I told MES to use, it always used the default Blizzard model files. Eventually I figured out I had to back up my WoW folder to a temp place, and then edit the Blizzard game files (patch, patch-2, common-2, etc) and put in the custom files I wanted MES to edit. I replaced the Bliz version with Seskin's version in those MPQs, and viola, MES was tricked into scaling Seskin's model file. After I was done I restored the main WoW folders back to the way it was before, good to go.

Oh yeah, I couldn't find the latest version of Glitchy's program. In the version I could find, there was a few bugs that I don't know if they remain in the latest version or not. There is a side effect that if I scaled the X-axis certain amounts, the character's eyes were permanently in mid-blink. I managed to avoid that bug for this edit, but its weird. Also the character portrait shows where the head used to be before the model was scaled. It just so happens to now show the lower face and upper chest, so I don't think most of you guys will mind too much Re: Blood Elf-Shaped Orcs (F) (Model Swap & Reskin) Tramp Stamps. Also the head armor hider is still required, they aren't in the right places. If anyone has the latest version of Glitchy's Model Edit Studio (version 3.0 I think), I'd be interested in having it.

Last edited by on Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 >> Next