New Topic Post Reply  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:49 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

Hi people

So my question goes the not quite, I have now opens up this thread.

So in Win7 with 64 !!!!!!!!
Have installed The Witcher, then was screaming after the daily driver. So on XP you could have programs in software Losch.
On Win7 is this, Control Panel, Programs, Programs and Features, Ok, then yes you can see the games and everything whatever we installed on the PC.
Also The Witcher click, then uninstall, it will have worked a little, but The Witcher is not removed. No chance to install The Witcher, except To clear the entire operating system, and reinstall. How do I get away now that The Witcher entry?
The Witcher DVD also does not start, I must now install Win7 actually 32 bit again?

Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:17 pm 

Just try to delete the programs folder, then again in the uninstall or change a program 'and try again to remove it. If Windows will not find the uninstall.exe, it proposes normally, delete the application from the list. The disadvantage is that you then the registry entries that The Witcher has made, if it does not work then again rid themselves have.

Alternatively, it should be possible, the entry in 'Uninstall or change a program' to delete from the registry by hand, without touching the game folder. After that the game is still there, but Windows do not know everything that it is installed.

Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:41 am 

Hei sky light

I think to myself, that's when you install The Witcher is a mistake, as I unfortunately do not and knows why.

I have uninstalled Win7, reinstall Witcher loaded, now it is running. As I said, not even in the program function The Witcher could Losch. With XP it runs a bit different than on Win7. Well now the main thing is it runs now.

Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:34 pm 

OK, good to Hoern Re: The Witcher at Win7 64 bit

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:34 pm 

With 64 bit which is always a tricky one, because most games are still for 32-bit systems are compiled.
Why you should, umhoren my experience, first in the network before trying out games on 64 bit systems. Otherwise you may experience because of large frustration.
Has also Kompatibilitatsmodus for 32-bit programs with me more than once failed.

As for Windows 7, so I was never a friend like this. Not only because of the impudent prices but also because this operating system usually brings more Дrger than good. Thus, to cite just one example, most functions of advertising only in the Ultimate version available.
Also as far as drivers, it looks at Windows 7 is still pretty meager.

Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:44 am 

Did not have driver issues with Win7. Almost all the drivers I've used so far have even mentioned already in Win7, even for older devices.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7_editions If you compare the editions, is available from the Win7 Ultimate only 2 things that are interesting for the common user. That would be the XP mode, and MUI. The latter can be solved with a google search with a result of the first page.

But even then, I've never used a feature of Windows 7, which would not be included in Home Premium.

Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:10 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

Sky light with quote
Did not have driver issues with Win7. Almost all the drivers I've used so far have even mentioned already in Win7, even for older devices.

Then you've had good luck. There is for example still no HP drivers for Windows 7.
Many other well-known hardware manufacturers such as Cisco have, to date no or very few drivers for Windows 7 published.

Sky light with quote
If one compares the editions, is available from the Win7 Ultimate only 2 things that are interesting for the common user. That would be the XP mode, and MUI.

Yes, that's right. But just the XP mode helps mostly for problems with games for 32-bit systems have been compiled.

Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:22 pm 

It was not until the day before Win7 installed on an HP laptop.
Except for one small thing everything works perfectly with Vista drivers endweder or Windows own, apart from the graphics driver.
What worked, there was no driver, only the Quick Launch buttons of the laptop that do not work like a normal multimedia keyboard unfortunately. (Sound quiet / loud, Play / Stop / Pause). The work on my 10 € keyboard without any driver installation.
And our HP printer to work on without having to install any drivers.
Nevertheless, 95% of all Vista drivers also work on Win7.

With 32 bit games, I've never had problems with only a 16 bit game that did not install from the CD. But now it runs. In XP, the game has funtioniert rare. A lot of effort.

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:19 pm 

Sky light with quote
have installed the day before yesterday Win7 on an HP laptop.
Except for one small thing everything works perfectly with Vista drivers endweder or Windows own, apart from the graphics driver.

There you have misunderstood me. My statement with respect to HP drivers was related to external devices from HP, in particular allinone printer.

Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:04 pm 

ZaHaDum1984

Yes, that's right. But just the XP mode helps mostly for problems with games for 32-bit systems have been compiled.

There you have unfortunately not quite right ZaHaDum1984:

has written the following:
One more thing about this XP mode.

If you think this addition mode, the 3D games is not very suitable for up to about at all.

As far as I weiu, supports this MDOS nahmlich no 3d hardware, especially 3D cards, because Microsoft wanted to enter into any Lizenprobleme.

Therefore, I believe emulates an old S3 video card.

On such an old video card can run up most 2D games.

The XP mode is intended primarily for application programs that run on Windows 7 insufficient. So e.g.: Special Buroanwendungen old inter alia For old games, however, is thought less of this mode.

Unless Microsoft has since changed somewhat.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next