1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:23 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

i english is no good

so i explain with pictures

First , you must have the MPQEditor.exe , this is open the MPQ Important program

http://www.zezula.net/en/mpq/download.html

Start from here explain with pictures

The old mod to use in the 4.0.1

ok , see results

Enjoy

Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:23 pm 

obverticus wrote:
I do know all that, but as I said in the other similar thread, the ItemDisplayInfo.DBC doesn't even seem to load anymore. At first, I tried messing around in it but found no changes. Then I tried to corrupt the file, simply by making a .txt file and renaming it to ItemDisplayInfo.DBC. I've tried using the name of MPQs from both data and data/engGB in both folders. Game started up fine and everything was there every single time. This has lead me to believe that the ItemDisplayInfo.DBC file is always loaded from the .MPQ files or the file is simply not used anymore. At least, I haven't had any luck in my attempts.

Are you able to find an ItemDisplayInfo.DBC in the 4.0.1 MPQs somewhere? If its not there then they renamed it or put all its information in some other file. That would explain what you're seeing. But if you can find it in one of the MPQs, something else is wrong.

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:11 am 

I don't get the part 3. and 4. Move the Character folder to patch-A.MPQ folder twice? Or what am I missing there? Re: The old mod to use in the 4.0.1

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:19 pm 

i can confirm this works, just rename the extracted folder to patch-x.MPQ. That being said the "X" can be changed to letters from a-z or numbers 0-9.

For example
Patch-a.MPQ
Patch-b.MPQ
Patch-c.MPQ
Patch-1.MPQ
Patch-2.MPQ
Patch-3.MPQ

etc.

Esidien - EU Argent Dawn
After Eight - Sex guild on EU Argent Dawn

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:46 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

Hello long time lurker first time poster here, hoping someone might be able to clarify a couple things for me.

First of all, let me make sure I'm doing this right...

Open the MPQ in the editor, and move the "character" folder from the "work" folder into a new folder that is then renamed "x.mpq" for example. Then place this in the data folder?

That's kind of what I'm getting from this little slide show.

In any case, I've tried this several different ways and the old patches aren't working. I'm attempting to use a model edit patch for female bodies. Does it mean that this trick doesn't work for model edits? If so, does this mean it's only for textures?

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:41 am 

Confirming this to, it works!

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:40 pm 

Nice post!

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:56 pm 

So the only thing people haven't been sucessful with is the ItemDisplayInfo.DBC file? Damn it, I had just figured out how to separate pant textures for genders and other neat stuff.

Please, if you find a way to make the ItemDisplayInfo.DBC load or something along those lines, do tell me.

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:13 pm 

I would love to know what edit he's using in his images. I know it's a hair edit, but there also appears to be a body edit, and I've never seen one that does both.

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:38 pm 

obverticus wrote:
So the only thing people haven't been sucessful with is the ItemDisplayInfo.DBC file? Damn it, I had just figured out how to separate pant textures for genders and other neat stuff.

Please, if you find a way to make the ItemDisplayInfo.DBC load or something along those lines, do tell me.

A lot of people don't seem to understand fundamentally how a DBC file works.

A DBC file is basically Blizzard's custom delimiter-separated values file ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delimiter-separated_values ). The most common version is probably the CSV text file. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma-separated_values ). But Blizzard doesn't use CSVs, they use something a little less accessible (DBCs), probably to dissuade people from editing them in the first place.

The reason DBC edits don't work is because you're trying to use a 3.3.5 - era DBC file that has a different number of values that is supposed to be there in the 4.0.1 version of the game. Or the values are no longer in the same order.

So for example, the place where the filename of the 7th Blood Elf hair texture was located in the 3.3.5 DBC now corresponds to the filename of the 4th orc male's scalp texture in 4.0.1. And not only that, but the 4.0.1 file might have added 35 more lines of values and 2 more columns to each line. When 4.0.1 WoW tries to load a 3.3.5 DBC, it finds all the wrong things or nothing at all, and it gives strange results at best, or crashes the game.

The main point, and I've seen this request repeated over and over on this forum since the model edits started working, is that you CAN'T use a 3.3.5 version of a DBC file and expect it to work in 4.0.1. It just won't, and no folder workaround or MPQ editor trick is going to be able to fix it for you. You have to start with the 4.0.1 DBC file and do all the changes to the 4.0.1 version all over again. Or wait for the original author to do it for you.

The only exception would be if Blizzard just happened to not change that particular DBC file between 3.3.5 and 4.0.1. But Blizzard changes DBC files a lot more often than they change models or textures. So if you're using an edit with DBC changes, you should expect it to break every time Blizzard patches the game. We got lucky in that from 3.2 to 3.3.5 there was few changes, and people got used to DBC edits not breaking.

Another thing is that I thought I read on MMOwned that there were problems extracting 4.0.1 DBC files, in that every DBC editor we had couldn't read them any more. That was a few days ago though so I don't know the latest on that front.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next