Previous << 
1, 2
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re...
Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:36 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

moder @

Sure you can play Monkey Iceland and Windows. Well, that is still using Windows 95 and 98 because they have not had a real Dos level. Because you could also install Dos toll collectors and Dos sound drivers.

But on Windows 2000 and XP, there was already a problem. For it is for example with the sound output is zero, since Win 2000 and XP do not have Dos more. Because it means there are no dos sound driver more, you can install. And exactly you need for Monkey Iceland 1 + 2 I had tried it out on Windows 2000. Without ScummVM or any other Dos emulator it is not possible to get a DOS game sound.
Also, it can happen that can Dos Games on Windows 2000 and XP, and DOS window no longer recognize your mouse.
Because the games use under Dos Dos directly to the hardware, and there is no Dos more, there is just no longer the DOS mouse driver. And the Windows NT-based operating systems do not allow direct access to the software on the hardware so as to Dos times. This allowed the old Dos Games can also detect a mouse over.

With the correct MS-DOS games will be on Windows 2000 and newer are not very happy. They lead to a corresponding emulator just can not miss.

Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:56 am 

but was not supplied with a monkey Iceland emulator for XP right?
PS: yes that is monkey Iceland 1 +2 I've played for 98, but certainly down 3 xp ...

Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:23 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

So the first Monkey Iceland I gambled on the Commodore Amiga, this was my third PC.
The first computer I had at that time had only ne-DOS level. The first printer was a dot matrix printer, who made such a Hollenlarm that wakes them is my neighbor, whom I read in the morning at four print clock NEN letter. Games that time there was only one thing left and right NEN line, and a point in the middle, the left one once and dan had trap right again, yes those were the days. Since there were no windows. My first Windows was dan 3.1 with three disks.

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:25 pm 

the following:
but was not supplied with a monkey Iceland emulator for XP right?
PS: yes that is monkey Iceland 1 +2 I've played for 98, but certainly down 3 xp ...

So to Monkey Iceland 1 and 2 was provided with security not an emulator. These were pure Dos-Games and 1990 and 1991 are published.
For Monkey Iceland 3, there is a separate launcher. Because the PCs perform better because of the current, it can happen that the speech put the voice is output to the screen (the sound is emitted somewhat later than normal). This happened with both Windows 2000 and XP. To fix this, you have to stand under the DirectX sound acceleration to the second lowest level, or eliminate.
After playing but do not forget to activate it again. With the Launcher, you can do this with one click.

And you Monkey Iceland 1 + 2 under Windows 98 can play very well, is to insist that this operating system still has a full-Dos level. In this operating system is not even surrounded by Requires separate DOS mouse driver or Dos sound driver because Windows for the DOS box from Windows emulating.
So I could in the old Xwing (A game for Dos) still use my USB joystick working in DOS USB though never, as Windows 98, the emulated accordingly.

Here two pages for the Lucas Arts classics:

http://www.scummvm.org/
Here is the Essential gibs ScummVM emulator mainly for the point and click adventure game for Lucas Arts was made. Supports but in the meantime a few other games.

Http://quick.mixnmojo.com/software
There are also different installer and launcher, when the games have problems with current operating systems.

And then stop for all Dos games in general the Dos-Box.
Http://dosbox.sourceforge.net

And then Virtual PC if you want to simulate a different Windows.
Http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtualpc/default.mspx

There might also now decide for free, who wants to use what. Especially with Virtual PC.
Since there are several simulators. But Virtual PC is freeware. Weiu but not what kind of graphics card in Virtual PC is simulated. And that is also important if you want to play old Windows games that can no longer run on modern XP or Vista PCs.

Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:09 pm 

yes, where everything is right and the emulators you are angibst good ^ ^ (some have a long time even geteste times ^ ^)
being used where I work looking for more Virtual PC (so older office anwenduzngen, ect ...)

So to Monkey Iceland 1 and 2 was provided with security not an emulator. These were pure Dos-Games and 1990 and 1991 are published.

There was but one day ne Reissues times, get such an exciting one in the 1.2 and 3, and the simulators were as far I know also that were specially for the game.
But I know it can not remember exactly. is actually not matter

Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:31 pm 

Is moder.

Now that you said it I remember.
Was there even a game for Packet Monkey Iceland where the first three parts were included. But I've never bought because I already had the parts at this time. Therefore I do not weiu via a simulator.

Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:40 am 

Hi.

As luck would have it so, is there in the current PC-Action (4 / 2008) an article how to revive old games on modern hardware and modern Betriebssystemem again.

Very interesting articles.

Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:36 am 

Hi

Will I see my time through.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2