Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:12 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

Densetsu wrote:
I seriously doubt that the model geometry changed between LK and Cata. The issue when going from BC to LK was that they added in the barber shop which changed the model geometry, since hairstyles are a part of the basic model file.

All that likely changed with the models themselves is the file format since we didn't get any new hair options or armor geometry to my knowledge.
Actually as far as I'm aware there ARE new hairstyles, they just aren't available in game yet. There was a lengthy thread over on MMO-Champion, but I can't seem to find the link. Apparently they sprung up with patch 4.0.3a but were not included in the actual game, but were viewable via wow's model viewer.

Is it possible this is related? I'm no expert but it's worth bringing up since I'm desperate for these patches and I figure something like this would be worth mentioning lol.

Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:59 am 

Domer wrote:
Edit: I forgot to ask, so the models themselves changed drastically between 3.3.5 and the new 4.0+ edits? I assumed they were the same patches, just repacked into folders as a workaround. I was absent for that whole time when the method was used so please excuse me if this should be common knowledge.

Search for posts by tancients, he had a lot of good insights into how the models have changed from version 3 to version 4.

Also you might find a slightly more technical audience at mmowned, except they will assume your objective is to find a way to cheat the game.

Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:42 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

Domer wrote:
More on topic, was the source code for Wowme ever made public?

iirc it was written in c#. Try disassembling it with .net reflector.

Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:56 pm 

Also you might find a slightly more technical audience at mmowned, except they will assume your objective is to find a way to cheat the game.

Na. I already checked on MMOwned, and the people over there are just as lost as us.

Re: Regarding 4.03 Model Editing Solutions
Re: Regarding 4.03 Model Editing Solutions

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:27 pm 

Haha, I'll do my best. I enjoy solving problems almost as much as the in-game eye candy so I'm excited to give it a go. That would be great egraynn. I was gone a while and wanted to see what advancements the modding community has made. Sort of extra motivation to get them working for live.

More on topic, was the source code for Wowme ever made public? Seeing that could give us great insight into how it manipulated the old model check during run-time and apply that to the current lock. Why re-invent the wheel I say?

Edit: I forgot to ask, so the models themselves changed drastically between 3.3.5 and the new 4.0+ edits? I assumed they were the same patches, just repacked into folders as a workaround. I was absent for that whole time when the method was used so please excuse me if this should be common knowledge.

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:40 pm 

Lionhearte wrote:
Actually as far as I'm aware there ARE new hairstyles, they just aren't available in game yet. There was a lengthy thread over on MMO-Champion, but I can't seem to find the link. Apparently they sprung up with patch 4.0.3a but were not included in the actual game, but were viewable via wow's model viewer.

Is it possible this is related? I'm no expert but it's worth bringing up since I'm desperate for these patches and I figure something like this would be worth mentioning lol.

Some of the new hair styles that I've seen via WMV date back since the Burning Crusade, but they were not textured. For example, the night elf female's long braided hair tail that's laying on her chest is also available for the blood elf. The only thing missing is its texture.

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:03 pm 

EDIT: Even if that was how it would work, no way am I playing WoWME Roulette

Last edited by on Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:18 am 

And at this point I think wowme might be the only thing that will work at this point.

Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:26 pm 

Has anyone mess with the models in patch-base-13164 or any of the base patches?

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:26 pm 

Astor wrote:
I'm too paranoid to trust a program like WoWME or any such executable. I like my account to be my own. It would have to come from a trusted poster like Zilem and a few others that I feel are trustworthy.

Quite a while ago a great number of us were loading up patches from Zilem and Arohk and such using WoWME. Back then, it was the only way to get them working, without exception. then Blizz opened them up and rendered WoWME useless for a while. That was nice, albeit feeling weird without needing WoWME, but still nice.

I do have some pretty strong doubts about Blizz opening things up to us again like the last time. As such, I'm looking forward to a new version of WoWME, or something similar.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4
 >> Next