Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC [ DST ]

New Topic Post Reply  [ 6 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:07 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

Moin Leutz.
Ka exactly why but somehow I was now the unbandige request of one of the old Dungeon Keeper games over come to play.
I then picked out my old Dungeon Keeper 2, true, the first thing I've found and installed habs.
After patching it was not, however, so I Kompatibilitatsmodus in some settings made.
I come into play, but already in the menu you see that something is wrong, the background is gone and the text flickers.
It is up to the battlefield itself, but dan you see nothing, only to be veranda with mouse pointer when you go somewhere drub.

To my settings:
I tried different Grafikauflosungen, Have you disabled the Desktop change preferences, no screen saver, I even turned on in the DK2 Regestry the higher resolution and ingame tried, nothing.

Could it be that this will necessarily have the FX chipset, the old graphics card? Because the new card and my onboard have not at all something more and glide is supported any more.

Anyone an idea?

Edit: has done himself, found something:

XP: Turn on Windows 2000 compatibility, Turn off support Visual Design (settings in dk2.exe).

Vista/Win7: Turn on Windows 2000 compatibility, Turn off visual design support (in settings dk2.exe). Make sure no other program is running as no background process (probably d / l program - this will cause flickering screen). Add ... \ Dungeon Keeper II \ dkII.exe software to filter-32bitdisplay DK2.exe starting options.

If Black Squares instead of Textures are upcoming: Start Game. Go to settings ingame, go to graphics, disable hardware support. start a mission. Now it must work. Leave game via official exit.

If you are using a dual core, start game, press ctrl + alt + del, go to Task Manager and disable cores until only one core is left for following processes: DKII.exe DKII.icd (this is for providing uncontrolled mouse moves ingame) Switch back to DK2 per TAB.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Bullfrog Productions Ltd \ Dungeon Keeper II \ Configuration \ Video settings:

Screen Depth = enabled 32
high walls = 0
if game wont start without 3D hardware
Screen Hardware3D = 4 (probably 5 if hanging up)

Hope this will be helpful

Your Keeper bastardo

Weis still FUNZ net obs,'m going to try out ...

Edit 2: It funzt, but very unstable. A wrong key printed and that was it. Hmm, how do I get out now ... ?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:51 am 

Hi Bloody_Kain.

Then I print dir ma fingers crossed that it works.

What is this FX chipset. Is this a graphics card?
My eventuele of the 3DFX chipset, so the old Voodoo cards?

Since that time, Nvidia has bought 3DFX, should run at least on Nvidia chipset, Support 3DFX at least in part. I think Nvidia had then something built into their graphics chips.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:52 pm 

You should try google. On the first page there are some solutions, including patches to make it run on Win7;. P

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:04 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

Sky light with quote
You should try google. On the first page there are some solutions, including patches to make it run on Win7, P

Hi sky light

I liked you but ask who the thread was written in German to respond to German, which you German can I've seen, as this is a German forum, otherwise I'd opens up an English-language forum.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:26 am 

Oops sorry oO
what happens when you googled in English (in German can be found anyway never was).

May be the Force be with you!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:00 pm 

Sky light with quote
Oops sorry oO
is what happens if you googled to English (German to be found anyway never was).

May be the Force be with you!

Hi sky light

Actually, yes I, I'm glad who someone really only know English, you can help our members said member also in English, was just surprised that was discussed so as German , and suddenly you have written in English. No charge.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 6 posts ]