View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC [ DST ]

New Topic Post Reply  [ 2 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:58 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

Seems like this happens every time there's a new expansion, but yet again, custom patches won't work with the current wowmodelviewer
(v 0.7.0.1 r482). Primarily, this seems to be affecting only patches that affect the actual model (bigger breast mods, for example). Textures mods, like nude skins, seem to work without a hitch. Thus far, I've attempted several things to get them working. I've tried simply loading the old 3.X patches the way I used to with no affect. I've tried putting the new patches in the data folder, however, WMV won't load them from there. Finally, i've tried repacking the new 4.X mods into an MPQ that would have run with the old versions of modelviewer, and again, had no success. At this point, I'm out of ideas. If anyone has any suggestions, or knows of a way to get the new patches, or even old patches, to run in the latest version of Wowmodelviewer, please say so. I'd imagine i'm not the only person out there that wants to be able to use custom patches in the new version of model viewer, so in the meantime, I'll keep trying until I can get them working. If I figure it out, i'll post what I did here, so again, if anyone has any suggestions, by all means, let me know.

Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:59 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

You could simply keep a copy of World of Warcraft patched up to 3.3.5 on your hard drive separate from the copy that you actually play on the live servers. This will only break down when model edits for 4.x come out that weren't released for 3.x, but will give you more time to figure everything out.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 2 posts ]