New Topic Post Reply  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: exploding npcs when they
Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:39 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

idel or talk i guess, not encountered anyone sitting just yet....

I got the edit from http://www.mediafire.com/?8z7groqthisrb, not sure whos original work, but love the look.

Now this is a swop from orc female to nightelf female.
Everything works well until I encounter an npc orc(nef) talking, which in ogrimar happens frequently.
The npc proceeds to artefact tear and wow crashes with a memory errror, can't read from location etc.

I have renamed all the .anim files from art.mpq from the nightelf/female sub dir. Wondering what is the correct way to fix this...

Prior to 4.01 this happend with any heel mod.
Was able to use another heel mod without this happening...
Any feedback would be much appreciated... can't play my shaman without it... sigh...

list of files
Directory of D:\games\World of Warcraft\Data\patch-Z.MPQ\character\orc\female

25/10/2010 10:31 <DIR> .
25/10/2010 10:31 <DIR> ..
2 Dir(s) 23,504,433,152 bytes free

Last edited by on Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:39 pm 

hero001 wrote:
bit lost since most patches marked 4.01 compatible only have skin and m2...

did i miss some logic along the way ?Not realy, as there ware many Model edits made for 3.3.3
and non of us know what would change in comming 4.0

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:41 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

What Redaxle is say is that the .Skin files is important to be together with the .m2
and they should be together with every model and every model edit

(He doesn't speak of skins as in a set of textures)

Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:01 am 

fixed it pretty well, mis matched .anim files.
So thats solved

Got a new problem, maybe because I don't understand the way it works, but

I tried importing a hair model via Redax's awesome script but end up with a loss of hair texture, with the model defaulting to the current body texture.

What I did was...
using a current human m2 imported into blender, using Redax's cute petite human model, tried to borrow the too cute pony tale, by duplicating it and then attaching it to the other model.

Not sure how I am supposed to re-texture and thats the problem, the new model hair is attached and functioning perfectly in game, save for the fact that it has lost the hair texture.

Wondering what I have missed connecting the hair, I tried connecting hair to the base armeture as parent and vice versa... same result.. hair lost its texture.

Thought ok, perhaps this is a little advanced first step. So I pulled the original model, and remodelled the basic hair exported and had the same problem... The only texture the hair acquired was the body texture...

A point at some interesting reading material would be nice, a do it like this guide is also good.

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:28 am 

That fixed the texture issue, however this makes the mesh translucent/semi transparent in different places now, the legs and edited hair mesh, haven't touched the leg mesh at all.

Transparency only occurs with the wrath leg mesh tho...

Seemed simple on paper....

Ah have fixed it, was using art.Mpq models as a starting model. When I used the oldworld model as a start point the texture problem vanished instantly...

Another problem with art.mpq models...

Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:40 am 

Most character model swaps edit "DBC" files, which are kind of like spreadsheet files for WoW. Many patches, especially major patches like 4.0.1 usually change most or all of the game's DBC files, and using an out of date DBC file usually breaks the game. To get it to work you'll need to edit them manually (if you know what you're doing) or wait for someone to release a 4.0.1 compatible model swap (if you don't). But that said, model swaps are more of a MMOwned thing, not a nude mod thing, so you should probably check there.

Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:23 pm 

redaxle wrote:
The exploding model is a common symptom that indicates that the .m2 and .anim files are out of sync. It's what happens if you try to take an M2 taken from WoW 3.2.0 and you try to mix it with .anim files from 3.3.3, then it won't work. You have to take the .anim files also from 3.2.0 to ensure compatibility.

Don't mean to lead this off topic but, would this be why my custom hair edit loads in game but err... http://img63.imageshack.us/i/oddk.jpg/

Yes, I'm quite aware if fail.

Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:46 pm 

happens with a direct nightelf replacement too...
When you begin a conversation boom npc explodes...

fixed it partially by using the anim files from oldworld.mpq....

the dbc edit on model swops is for special things like tauren dranei boots and facial features.. since nightelves and orcs are basically simular in terms of dbc make up unlike an undead male swop, dbc edits usually aren#t needed.

doesn't explain the exploding npc on animate....

a swop usually conatins edits to charace.dbc, charfaceialgeosets, and um charhair dbc i believe. Personally have never needed to touch on them save for an undead edit to add the corect lower jaw assets....

but all input is muchly appreciated.

one thing to try I suppose is replacing each anim file one by one and seeing which causes the npc to xplode...
unless the files relate to the numbering on the animations listed within the wowmodelviewer...

try to steer clear of mmowned as much as possible...

Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:31 pm 

It is a bug with M2Mod, I will fix it today (or rather just have it turned off by default).

It has to do with the IgnoreMaterials option.

IgnoreMaterials is on by default (even if it's not in your INI), turn it off by adding:

IgnoreMaterials = 0 under the [options] category

IgnoreMaterials, if turned on, causes material properties for a given submesh to be copied from the original M2 after importing an M2I. If turned off, material properties will be taken from the M2I as normal.

Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:05 am 

The exploding model is a common symptom that indicates that the .m2 and .anim files are out of sync. It's what happens if you try to take an M2 taken from WoW 3.2.0 and you try to mix it with .anim files from 3.3.3, then it won't work. You have to take the .anim files also from 3.2.0 to ensure compatibility.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next