Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re...
Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:31 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

In a rural area in Germany, the 32 / 2 line of cable-Germany is one of the best, you can find, and the best about regional availability. Kabel BW has offered a line, 50 / 5, for a mere 220 euros a month.
Even in the city area, I have something like 100/10, seen 100/100, or 1000/100 for residential lines to 'normal' prices ever.
In Germany, for whatever reason, the upload in comparison to the general download unusually low.

Posted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:12 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

this is so not only in Germany ....

DSL is asynchronous normally ...

Ie, eg

2048/256
3072/384
4096/512
8192/1024

etc. ..

32Mbit/2Mbit's been a hammer line and if you are not self-server, or are holding a player - then usually sufficient even a line of furs 2048/256 play - because there is hardly a play at the upload

2048/256:

KBYTE is abbreviated with KB

2048kBIT corresponds 256kB download rate per second - with overhead you get something on 200kBYTE / s - enough for games from always - when big updates are, something can take a long until you can play again - but otherwise, no problem

256KBIT corresponds 32kByte upload rate per second - with overhead're about at 28-30kByte - that's sufficient for any online game that is on the market (or from - if you have not too many other programs running)

we take for example now you also ts3 run on - ts3 normally required an upload of about 6-8kB / s, then you play furs own still about 20KB free - should in the normal case is still rich

My recommendation in any case for online players (not power vacuum) is at least a 4096/512 cable, then you are in any event on the safe side and gerustet - until the industry is hungry for more (tjo and then furs same money to provide security equivalent bandwidth) - I was personally in any event NEVER more than 20 30Ђ spend each month for an Internet

Posted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:31 am 

So I have a normal 6Mbit line.

So Down: 6Mbit, Up: 576Kbit

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:51 am 

Little Witch with quote tried
Have the Speed Tester times. But how good is it really now the line?

Http://www.speedmeter.de/speedtest/result/37676326

According speed.io I am well-namely, the download and very good in the other three categories. The pipeline is a match 6.000kbits/sek, and a 6,000 point I've also just ordered.

The data looks quite good so far.
You must also remember that there are always fluctuations in the speed, time of day, Sever utilization, general network traffic and then you should bear in mind that you sellten the absolute max. speed gets. This is simply not possible. Especially as the other side (ie the target server that you call) according to free capacitances must have so that you are there, with appropriate speed.
If this is fully utilized, then this is also very slow.

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:23 pm 

2048/256: small miscalculation on your part:
The speed of a data line is in the decimal system described, as well as Harddisks. The data transfer rate is in Windows, however, indicated in the binary system. Windows deliberately used the wrong prefix, and thus creates confusion.
2048 kb (kilobits) = 2.048 million bits
256 kB (kilobyte) = 256000 bytes
256kB but just 250 kiB (kibibyte)

I admit, is making the small numbers not so much difference in bigger numbers but the difference is noticeably bigger fast. Since the overhead of actually making more. For more details see here.
As far as VoIP, the program usually takes, but is also depends on the selected voice quality, about 6-12 kB per person speaks. That affects especially the server immensely. I.e. your line could carry a maximum upload of 2 people. Did I start my computer a VoIP server (for example, a network game), I could upload a maximum of 16 people who have. I.e. 6 people should be on the server, and 3 cause the same data transfer, the whole thing collapses and all laggy. Or Skype, because Skype does not use a server would hold a conference with three people a 2048/256 line as far as utilization that games were only still lagging. The burden that was borne by the server is distributed evenly to all, that is upload rises constantly with the number of participants.
The problem with MMORPGs is different. The data transfer rate is on average about 15 KiB / s up and download. The problem is that the rate is not constant, but varies greatly. Therefore, it can bring such a short time line to their Granz.
But enough of that. What I mainly's criticisms of this system is that the upload only for personal use to use, is more that can not make easy. not even you can send data over the Internet properly, because just takes forever. 3-4 hours for a CD, for example

Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:30 pm 

um the problem is to look more different ...

1 byte = 8 bits - hard drive manufacturers like to tend to the mistakenly incorrect drzustellen

See also:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byte

hard drive manufacturer sugestieren incorrect values hort is yes to even better, in theory, to have more space than really exists

the lines are given correctly in binarsystem - - ware it in the decimal system, I had a 8000kb line - is even on my statement, however, the specification as well must be classified as 8192kb line

but as I said - on the wiki page it is quite well describe

regarding voip - Jope w-an said about 6kb / s at ts3 example - are also being 20leute when traveling together Usually one say that has silent and the other Re: pink message - that is why even worked with group chat, and occupied talk buttons mist so as not permanently transferred to Re : pink message

with 4096/512 you come along very well anyway

One of my friend, who lives in the inner city of Vienna is connected with 100 / 10 Mbit, because rumbles also in the upload direction - as the whole over the tromnetz (WienEnergie) runs that have anywhere to house fiber connection and have eternal ago intrinsically coated with, the whole is actually quite favorable.

Posted: Thu May 27, 2010 2:32 pm 

Not true. If a hard drive manufacturer says one hard disk, 1 TB, then it has that too. 1,000,000,000,000 bytes.
Windows, but shows the capacity of the Binaerststem. 1TB = 0.9095 TiB (tebibyte). Windows writes but 0.9095 TB, and thus suggests that the disk is shrunk. Erroneously for the hard drive manufacturers are accused, even though the fault lies with Microsoft (who, ironically, won in court), and therefore have to specify all hard drive manufacturers on the packages that are meant to 1 TB = 1,000,000,000,000 bytes. The same is true for example For DVDs and flash memory media.
CDs and memory in turn be expected in the binary system. I.e. 1 MB on a CD or memory are actually 1 megabyte or 1,048,576 bytes. Why it is different to CDs than other media do not know me, but would you specify in the decimal memory would have nothing but 'odd' values.

Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 7:47 am 

So completely is true with the information but not sky-light.

It can now also have geadnert, but if the manufacturer or earlier as Seller have advertised 1Gigabyte, this number was usually Dezimabl specified, and not Bihar.

But the operating systems, no matter what, when displayed will always be the factual information in binary form. Then it must be said moreover that the fact Grou depends on the file system. That is why the hard drive always is: raw, unformatted Grou really depends on the file system.

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:04 pm 

MacOS version 10.6 and Ubuntu from a new version (as a number not more) now file size in the operating system type decimal rather than Binary. D.h 1MB = 1,000,000 bytes.

It can now also have geadnert, but if the manufacturer or earlier as Seller have advertised 1Gigabyte, this number was usually Dezimabl specified, and not Bihar.

This is still the case. Datentraegerkapazitaeten be in decimal.
Sure, a little bit of capacity is lost when formatting. But the disks are designed so that this value is minimal.

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:03 am 

Now my hard drives will be sold as a 500GB hard drive, but after formatting only 465GB effectively of charge.

Fstplattenmodell. HDP725050GLA360 Hitachi

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 >> Next