New Topic Post Reply  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: wow tbc 2 4 3 mods
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:44 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

i am playing on a server witch runs tbc 2.4.3 and i want some mods i have tryed a few and they have all ended badley
1. wow crashes upon start
2. wow crashes when the model is shown ( in character pick screen)
3. i log in get to character selection and no model atall and when i log in theres nothing there and i cant move

im wondering if im doing anything wrong or if i can get these patches to work, im using and exe called "wow me" i think where i have o press f8 on the login screen to start off and i have tryed a few difirent mods some skin mods some shiney and some model ones too all dont work.

could somone tell me if im doing anything wrong or if there are some mods that do work with my game version, thanks b00m

Post subject: Re wow tbc 2 4 3 mods
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:44 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

Could you write a list or mods you're using (if you can remember) can then narrow down the cause. Also could check the wowme version but just typing wowme 2.4.3 is probably what you did anyway, which unless the uploader was cross eyed should of got you the right version.

I know that http://wowskins.mmorgy.com/home.html still has old stuff from around that period, could do some testing with those.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:01 pm 

thanks for replying er as far as i can remember the wow-me i downloaded was for this version but just incase could you give me a download link or website for them?

and i went to this website and the selection is more model swaps and not exectly my what *type* of mods im after...if you follow...

keinikaidoh could you explain more about the compatabilities? as far as i know there was a change in wow that forced you all to change youre mods to another format? and recent mods have been in a folder rather than a single file, was there another change like this between "original wow -> tbc" ? and another betwen "tbc -> wotlk"

if so would changing the server to wotlk make the newer folder type mods work or would i need to change to the unstable newest version addon cataclysm? i think thats what its called.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:33 pm 

keinikaidoh im kinda helping run the server... do you know how to upgrade servers, as far as i know she is running a mangos server.

she said she used some kinds of "tbc server repack" any ideas on where i can get one for the frozen throne or even fro cataclyzm?

*edit*
ok im on a wotlk server now but most of the patches are for 4.0+ is it posible to use them on here?

as far as i can tell the new patches are in a folder carred X-patch.mpq but its a folder
and the old ones are just a single .mpq file

are the backwards compatable or is there a way to make it work?

*edir 2* ok i tryed youre fel blood elf skin and it look all good and ok in the charecter selection screen but than crashes upon pressing enter ( this is back on the 2.4.3 server)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:17 am 

most of the patches now have been updated for 4.0.1 and are not compatable for previous client versions. As zilem has posted on other places, this site does not focus on private servers. You would have to find models that are made for 3.3 or before to work on your server.

Some artists have kept their old uploads up such as ScDK. You can try using his bloodelf edits or lazercat's old tauren mod as well as seskin's belf/dreanei mods. Tip: look for old posts.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:30 pm 

yeah im helping a close friend with it she said she just downloaded some pack that lets you make a server, we decided to make the server to remember the old days when we where in a guild that dispanded around 1.4.3bc patch, we have like 8 people we know in RL all from the guild who some on from time to time to chat and maybe run an instance, i dont see the point in ruining that by updating it.

so im just guna rejoin a private server i used to play, do you know anything what i asked?

" ok im on a wotlk server now but most of the patches are for 4.0+ is it posible to use them on here?

as far as i can tell the new patches are in a folder carred X-patch.mpq but its a folder
and the old ones are just a single .mpq file

are the backwards compatable or is there a way to make it work? "

i would realy like to know if i could use these new patches on this server

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:23 am 

Does 2.4.3 even require WoWMe? I didn't think it did. Since you're running on a private server, its pretty safe to try it without it, as Blizzard won't ever find out.

Second thing... as was mentioned, most of the model edits on this forum are for 3.x or 4.x versions of WoW, and they are not backward compatible. There are some 2.4 mods if you search far enough back, but they might require "going to school" on MPQs to get to work, as no one else is running 2.4 WoW to test it for you, you'll have to figure it out yourself.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:39 pm 

b00marrows wrote:
im thinking of upgrading the server to cataclysm, and about the mpq school could i get a link? ill take a peek, Thanks b00m

"Going to school" is a figure of speech. It means that you will have to really really know how MPQs work. Try this link:

You imply that you're running the server yourself as you can just upgrade it... if that's so I recommend it, its a lot easier to find model edits for 3.3.5 than 2.4.3. I don't think 4.0.1 or later Cata private servers exist. But I won't talk more about private servers here, try mmowned.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:54 am 

Models edits are not backward Compatible, beside a minor patch or two, but don't count for them to be backward compatible by a major patch or expansion

Texture's is more backward compatible
High Quality (512x512) is backward compatible to 3.0
Normal Quality (256x256) is backward compatible to 1.10 and i think it's only mine which still is that, however that is going to change soon
(I might add a pre 3.0 version)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:24 am 

you'd open your choices if you switched to a wrath server.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next