View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC [ DST ]

New Topic Post Reply  [ 3 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:10 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

Ok, I know the Wow Xpatch coming soon, and I know not all skins are broken. Hoping you guys can help me out. I am dying to slap on some nice skins but they are not working when I put them in the right Wow's data dirc file.

Here is the thing. I have MPQ editor and I have WinRAR softwear. For extracting files .. Dosen't WinRAR works the same as MPQ editor?

Sorry guys been a year for me playing WoW and I know a lot has changed. Even if I use MPQEditor on my windows 7.. I am just not getting it for some reason.

Any tips to make these skins work when I play wow would be great. (or we all waiting for the XPatch to come out in a few days?)

Thank you all for your time.

Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:09 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

No it doesn't I'm not even sure if WinRAR can even open a .MPQ, and even if it does, it would no be able to save in the same format as a blizzard MPQ, I'm not sure exactly what files the .MPQ's use (I never really cared) but I'd assume that it wouldn't create a file or something that WoW looks for.

As to get patch's to work, Open your WoW folder, go to data, open your cache(The one in your Data folder mind you) and save your patch as SoundCache-patch-13329.MPQ

P.S. That never worked for me so I had to save it as patch-base-13329.MPQ in the (Data/Cache) folder.

A link to the MPQ editor is available here.

http://www.zezula.net/en/mpq/download.html

And if your having to add multiple MPQ's to what ever name loaded for you (AKA you want to add a nude patch, a armor patch, a picture patch, a ui ect)

http://img197.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _534lo.JPG

The guide is from Arohk's thread

When you merge them, make sure to keep a back up file, for if you mess up, or blizzard releases a patch over that number (the later likely), it will be easy for you to re-merge them, and find out the new file name you need to use. Re: WinRar vs MPQEditor (help plz)

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:35 am 

Thank you Jackdaws. Really got me on the right foot.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 3 posts ]