All times are UTC [ DST ]

New Topic Post Reply  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:41 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

M2Mod tool + Cromon's Injector (v4.03)(2011.01.14)

Download Cromon's Wow Injector
needed to load custom models in game.

(2010.05.30)
Download M2Mod v4 for Cataclysm
Download M2Mod v3 for WotLK
The main package that will let you make model edits.

(2009.04.22)
Download the guide
An in-depth user guide with info on how to make model edits with this tool. Please check this out and give it a read if you're having trouble getting started.

Note: let me know if you run into any bugs.
Note: Source code is available on request.
special thanks to Trollpaxton who shared the source code for his M2 mod tool which served as a great reference point for this tool, especially with fixing animation offsets.
special thanks to the wowdev and source peek wikis and whoever edits those pages with the reverse engineered file format information needed to make something like this possible.
thanks to everybody on nude mod who makes mods.
thanks to everybody on nude mod who uses mods.
Version History
v0.1 beta
initial release

v0.1.1 beta
fixed one bug. added more detailed error messages. changed configuration file format, added categories. updated Blender import/export scripts. updated documentation.

v0.2 beta
improved duplicate vertex detection and normals smoothing to be less dumb.
added command line support.
added MirrorCamera option, to mirror the camera accross the model's y axis.
added IgnoreExtras option, to merge only geometry from the M2I and ignore everything else, which is useful for updating old edits to the current game version.

v0.2a beta
improved import/export scripts, it is now safe to remove doubles from the mesh and use quads (although using quads is still not advisable because they will be triangulated on export and they might not triangulate favorably). vertices are now exported in the order that they are used.

v0.2b beta
changed import script, removed remove doubles on import because it messes with 2 sided geometry like skirts.

v1.0
fixed the MWV issue, added missing list length assignments for vertex and bone lists which was causing models to explode when opened in WoW Model Viewer because of indices indexing vertices that were outside the range of the loaded vertex list.

v1.1
updated the import script to make imported meshes smooth so it's easier to see seams in the mesh. improved seam fixing logic during merge. added the capability to specify the tolerances used during the 3 seam fixing phases.

v1.2
fixed a bug with bounding data calculation being calculated out of order and using the old vertex data from the original M2 vs the imported M2I.
added support for static M2s, these are M2s used for doodads and world objects and other things that don't move.

v1.21
fixed bug with seam fixing being applied on old vertices from original M2 rather than new vertices from after M2I import.

v4.0
updated for Cataclysm.
skipped a bunch of version numbers just to get version number in sync with the current WoW version number, 4.0.
modified the M2I format a little bit, M2I is now also at v4.0.
updated and fixed errors in M2I file format documentation.
Blender 2.49 M2I import/export scripts updated. imports from v4.0 and v3.0 M2I. exports as v4.0 M2I only.
took out bounding box copy option.
changed IgnoreExtras option to be on by default to help with migrating mods from v3.0 to v4.0.
added new IgnoreMaterials option which is on by default and should to help when migrating mods from v3.0 to v4.0.

v4.01
turned off IgnoreMaterials by default, so materials are taken from the imported M2I rather than from the input M2. IgnoreMaterials is still bugged on some models however.
turned off IgnoreExtras by default.
removed internal function PrintInfo() from being called and generating a TXT file along side the input M2 containing info about the M2 (if you have these TXT files left over from the last version you may delete them).

v4.02
removed IgnoreExtras, split it into 3 options:
added IgnoreBones, IgnoreAttachments, IgnoreCameras.

v4.03
fixed the seam fixing algorithm to actually work now. it will close all the gaps between body and non-body meshes and copy vertex weights from the body mesh to the non-body mesh. it wasn't working at all before beacuse of some stupid mistake on my part. in order for it to work, close all the gaps between clothing and body meshes as much as possible within Blender so M2Mod can detect it and copy the bone weights from the body to the clothing.

About
This tool will allow you to make model edits.

It works around M2I files. M2I stands for M2 Intermediate, and is a file format that was developed for this tool, and contains only the data relevant to that which we want to edit, which is meshes, bones, attachments, and cameras.

The core steps to making a mod are:
[*]Convert the M2 to an M2I.
[*]Import the M2I into Blender.
[*]Make edits.
[*]Export the M2I from Blender.
[*]Merge the original M2 with the modified M2I to produce the final modded M2.

If you don't use Blender, you'll have to write your own import/export scripts for the M2I files. Included with the main package is documentation on the M2I file format so you can do this.

You may edit meshes however you want. You can edit vertex weights, vertices, UVs, subdivide, split, extrude, sculpt, etc. Just about anything that Blender will let you do to the mesh you can do safely without worrying about breaking the model. As long as you export a triangulated mesh, the tool can take care of the rest. You can even edit bone positions, attachment positions, and cameras.

You are able to edit the mesh arbitrarily because the tool rebuilds the skin files from scratch on merge. Again, this means you can edit the mesh however you want with very few limitations.

Demos
Mods that were made with this tool, so you can get an idea of what's possible:
on Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:52 pm, edited 29 times in total.

Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:41 pm 

Shoot sorry, I forgot about it...

I couldn't find anything wrong with it. I got it working in game. It must be something you're doing wrong.

Make sure you merge the M2I with the latest version of BloodElfFemale.M2 + .skin found in patch-2.MPQ. And then make sure you include the outputted .M2 and .skin with your patch MPQ. Don't include any .anim files. Don't forget to include all the .skin files, there can be anywhere from 1 to 4 of these depending on the model. In the case of blood elf there will be 4. Do not set OutputM2 to the same folder as InputM2 or there will be overwrites which will corrupt the original files.

Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:17 am 

iamspartacus wrote:
Here's my current workflow:
Extract from MPQ
Use M2Mod
Import M2I into Blender
Export to 3ds
Edit in 3DS Max
Import 3Ds in Blender
export to m2i
Use M2Mod
Build into MPQ
Test.

This is an interesting journey so far.

(I might be wrong about this i don't know anything about 3DS or Blender's 3DS exporter), but you will most likely run into some issues:

When you export as 3DS, some vital data that is needed to rebuild the skins is going to be lost (namely the root bone and materials data, and possibly more).

Although it might look like everything is going OK and you'll be able to make edits in 3DS, by the time you get the model back into Blender and try to export as M2I, the export will fail because it won't find the properties that were attached to the meshes on import.

The only course of action I can recommend is that you write your own M2I importer/exporter for 3DS or find someone to do it for you, or you can suck it up and learn how to use Blender Re: M2Mod tool + Cromon's Injector (v4.03)(2011.01.14).

I mean, I could be wrong if it's actually working?

Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:16 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

As long you have a 4.0 Client im sure thise will work

Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:44 pm 

Zomg a User:
Don't forget to specify the category, those variables should all be under [input], like this:

[input]
InputM2 = C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\M2Mod\Extract\NightElfFemale.m2
#OutputM2I = C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\M2Mod\Extract\NightElfFemale.m2
InputM2I = C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\M2Mod\Edited\NightElfFemale.m2i
#InputM2Copy = ...
OutputM2 = C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\M2Mod\Edited\NightElfFemale.m2

(i should probably update the tool to detect this, or maybe just ignore categories all together if that's possible).

Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:25 am 

Yes, all the bone weights will be preserved, they are stored per-vertex and are part of the geometry.

Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:33 am 

I have a question and since I'm a complete novice at this program, I have no idea how to search for the answer.

How do I bind the top edge of the hips/legs object to the bottom edge of the torso object. I can edit the torso just fine, but if I try to mess with the hips it ends up separating around the waistline when animated.

Or if it's easier: can I replace my modified legs object with the original?

My DA page, My H-F page
Commissions: Information Updated on January 4, 2011

Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:41 pm 

redaxle wrote:
nightshrike:
Don't delete the skins. You need to include the skin files that are generated along side the output M2.

Yeah but when i include the skins it crashes as soon as i click on one of my female blood elf character on the loading screen Re: M2Mod tool + Cromon's Injector (v4.03)(2011.01.14)

Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:07 pm 

Hm here I found Tutorials:
http://www.blender.org/education-help/tutorials/
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D ... Links_List
http://www.cgcookie.com/articles/blender

Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/user/maLeFunKtio ... MNUjN4l4Jc

Hope its enough.
btw Google works fine Re: M2Mod tool + Cromon's Injector (v4.03)(2011.01.14)

Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:31 am 

My blender is at 2.49b version I using the import/export scripts of the ones posted in 3.3.5 and my python is at 2.6.6
so what am I missing the new scripts?
Can you link the updated scripts pls

Lol silly me the scripts are in the tool hehe well I got it working does this work for older models too? ok nvm answer my own question again Re: M2Mod tool + Cromon's Injector (v4.03)(2011.01.14). Now to make that bloodelf Re: M2Mod tool + Cromon's Injector (v4.03)(2011.01.14)

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37
 >> Next