View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC [ DST ]

New Topic Post Reply  [ 9 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:16 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

After playing with the mod active for a while I begain to wish she was colored in.

Zilem's Quest Log, RecolorZilem's Quest Log, Recolor

Now I'm pretty bad at shading so did not attempt to do it here, this is only the Dual Pane quest log, the accept quest and quest item panes are broken up and with out actual line art will be harder to color.

*Note* I did not make this, all I did was color, all credit goes to Zilem and their list of artists.

***Currently Not working in 4.0.3*** Not quite sure what I need to do to make it work so bare with me.

http://sharebee.com/386cfd8e

Some changes, not an MPQ edit since those are not working atm when/if they get working I will upload this in MPQ for now

Zilem's Quest Log, Recolor Zilem's Quest Log, Recolor

Unzip this file and put it in your Interface folder
Once done Interface should look like this

Code:
Addons
ItemTextFrame
QuestFrame
Spellbook
Stationery

http://sharebee.com/e7968c21

I have also received a few questions on the Girls on the left and right sides of my screen. They are just kgpanels and textures for the backgrounds here they are including a facing left version of the girl on the left hand side.

http://sharebee.com/9bcf2432

Last edited by on Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:07 am, edited 4 times in total.

Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:16 pm 

Having issues with this patch
Re: Zilem's Quest Log, Recolor

Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:40 am 

even the non coloured version make it hard to read quest text =P perhaps tinting it out a bit might be better.

Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:04 am 

If text readability is a problem for you, I think you may simply want to cut out the page background from the left side and just leave the girl. I didn't use that edit because the page's color was darker than the regular quest page color for some reason and quests being listed in yellow font would tend to blend into the page's yellow color. (The background of the left side was meant to be black, after all.) Alternatively, you may want to reduce the opacity of the girl if text that goes over her comes out unreadable. You could also do this to the page, but NOT the whole window. A questlog edit of my own creation comes out like this, for example:

Re: Zilem's Quest Log, Recolor

On the left, I leave the background black and make the image less opaque to make yellow text more readable. On the right, the girl I put under the quest text is somewhat transparent so that text is more readable.

Of course, you'll still want to avoid colors that may cause text color to blend into the background, like any large blocks of dark colors or yellows.

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:13 pm 

Mud wrote:
If text readability is a problem for you, I think you may simply want to cut out the page background from the left side and just leave the girl. I didn't use that edit because the page's color was darker than the regular quest page color for some reason and quests being listed in yellow font would tend to blend into the page's yellow color. (The background of the left side was meant to be black, after all.) Alternatively, you may want to reduce the opacity of the girl if text that goes over her comes out unreadable. You could also do this to the page, but NOT the whole window. A questlog edit of my own creation comes out like this, for example:

On the left, I leave the background black and make the image less opaque to make yellow text more readable. On the right, the girl I put under the quest text is somewhat transparent so that text is more readable.

Of course, you'll still want to avoid colors that may cause text color to blend into the background, like any large blocks of dark colors or yellows.

It doesn't look too bad from your screenshot, but I'd probably end up not finishing any quests and just stare.

Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:15 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

Mud wrote:

http://img172.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=14465_questlog_123_518lo.jpg

Yea i have been messing around with changing the background.

Niina wrote:
Having issues with this patch
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6530/31555688.jpg

This was happening to me as well in the orginal patch. not quite sure what is going on, maybe zilem will have an insight.

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:49 pm 

The last corner disapears for me only when doing up-to lvl 5 quests, i don't knwo why, but after that it's perfectly normal.

I'd rather stand in Hell than kneel in Heaven

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:55 pm 

keinikaidoh wrote:
even the non coloured version make it hard to read quest text =P perhaps tinting it out a bit might be better.

yes I have been toying with that, have not had much success, this one is 50% darker then the original recolor, which was impossible to read.

Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:23 pm 

Updated the files with some shading and darkening changes and with the new MPQ changes uploaded a different way to view it. Still no idea on why the corner text disappears some times (most of the time for my quests). Not really a moder I've done all this so far from reading various posts on these boards.

If anyone can give me a hint or tutorial or something it will help till then trial and error.

Enjoy.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 9 posts ]