All times are UTC [ DST ]

New Topic Post Reply  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:53 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

I have to say Game Mods fascinating. It changed the game as it pleases one. Borders has made the game developers can be overcome and many new things put into the game. There is even one of the 1st person shooter Unreal Tournament has been a strategy game (http://www.gamestar.de/news/pc/action/1341799/ut_mod_unreal_als_strategiespiel.html)

I was interested but how far one can go with the modding? How far can you alter a game? What led not alter?

Hope to discuss fleiuiges.

Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:28 am 

Hard to say the whole thing.

For pure online games you can naturgemau not go very far, because to be otherwise it is forearmed runs.

Otherwise you can go for games as far as to alter the game last. And depending on what resources (PC software) you have to grouting, because you can go very far, as your example shows with Unreal Tournament.

All depends on how well it gets to the other to the files. But otherwise there are probably some limits. It all depends only on consideration to the LESIT your PC and what software you have to grouting.
And of course spend as much time do you want and about what you know in the field of Modde Ling have.

And if game companies still ship the level editors, then you can theoretically do anything you want.

Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:37 pm 

For MMORPGs like WoW, Lineage 2 or RF Online there are private servers. As far as one can alter the environment of cities in MMORPGs such as a source code without having to need?

Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:19 pm 

So if you want to alter all the cities, then you mark in each case, something like a level editor, or you must directly at the level files and the other specifically.

If nude patches and so usually only the new colors and textures with doing this.

But if for nude patches also the model (the 3D lattice model) is modeled new / to be, then it is also quite expensive, since you can always follow the model data ran must (must be at the Дnderung the Texturfullung ( Fare), too). And that's what is always difficult. convert design

But the whole level is alone from the Groues times, almost impossible. This one needs special tools (at the ordered level editors). And then you have to bring some experience already. With simple programs, you can create something almost not.

Or you have to be very well versed with programming to program the source code for Sun But that's expensive.

In any event programs Requires one that you just as I say does not even have 15.8 users. For model data to other (3D grids and such) Requires you have programs that go almost in 3D design. E.g. 3d Studio Max or similar. And then you sometimes Requires additional Pluggins, with which one of the files contain the 3D mesh models from the Games, to be able to download it.

For the other, the textures (and colors) use a lot of the Adobe Photoshop. But as I said. Often the problem is first to get at the data level.

I myself am not a modder and here is little to say. I can only play what I (have read mainly game-ed (currently offline) and nudecreator.de) from other forums.

Posted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:19 pm 

simple so you can get a game modding it until it stopped working

for oblivion: ummodden clear you could the whole world, but then you have the quest system problem. the trigger to move had to be replaced / and there are several. add to that the map which is well established.
Your new world is not likely eigezeichnet it, but I know this is not as accurate
a mindless shooter with no goals is to grou modding as easy because you do not need something to be respected. for that there are also various editors!

Otherwise it is just like the previous speaker has said, all a matter of correct programs and its own can

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:18 pm 

hmm ...

Online play clearly does not go too far

are so gamble when offline no limit auuer the game is damaged missing the important data

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:31 am 

Hi @ All

For offline games is generally the modding the engine,
is set up so that each game is placed / limited.

Otherwise, the modding is almost no limit, provided that all
conditions are satisfied, as obrige members have already been mentioned.

The best example is the Total diesbezuglich Mod Nehrim (Oblivion)
ABOUT taste one can argue (woman), but the power
The Modder Group was huge ...

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:21 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

limit is the modding of offline games, when (n / female) might share his (or her) Mod with the rest of the community. was in games like Oblivion or Starcraft which few are limits, as an editor heard more or less the scope of the game or the Entwikcler nachgeschoben. Other games sending you, you should touch Mowgli grows not (or publish his Mod), because in which the manufacturer something expliziet other hand, has beruhmtetes example is probably DoA GNI (X-Box), for which a nude patch was modded and its creator then (after publication) to pay a hefty penalty to ninja, etc. were allowed
In general, however, it is also true that more and more games (MMOs times excluded) will be published that are accompanied by an editor or with a little programming knowledge (already example is SW: Empire at War) moddbar are quite good.

Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:56 pm 

I also think the dau boundaries when modding only through to the available technology and are establishing their own programming know-how.
However, there is the legal side of change of games observed:
Even if the manufacturer tools for changing (level editors, etc) is to grouting, the use is only for the private use determined. If there is a multiplication, one enters already in the gray area of copyright violation, which can lead even to criminal consequences kann.Aber the production is so bewuut also dau help these same communities for the recognition of the games and stay there mostly cloudy.

Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:02 pm 

Hello

So when modding is there no limits on who you have the relevant field of money including the programs.
Example, my drawing board Bamboo: For every program that I was needed in addition, I had to back loaded transparent my bank account. The so-called freeware programs are just a few options not availability, and how the programmer or Seller do so, these are precisely the options that you needed the most urgent.
Who proffesional one modder created mods, and now all these programs had to, he had to ask for money for his mods, because the said program is very fast at the boundaries of thousands of dollars.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next