Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC [ DST ]

New Topic Post Reply  [ 6 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:32 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

Hi

I have gotten to know the existance of patches such as smexy clothing and nude ones etc etc, however have never installed them before, would not know where and how. There is so many posts all around about them that it terrifies me to try and find one correct way of getting them to work in the Cata version of wow. Is there some brave one that can give me a step for step way of doing it in one post.

Aisha

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:26 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

Hi

Please advice how do I combine for instance a patch that will show starter clothes as sexy outfits and at the same time if the garment is removed then the nipples will show ie probably a combination of 2 patches to show in one

aisha

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:55 pm 

Aisha wrote:
Hi

Please advice how do I combine for instance a patch that will show starter clothes as sexy outfits and at the same time if the garment is removed then the nipples will show ie probably a combination of 2 patches to show in one

aisha
open the first patch mpq with mpq editor, extract the folders to a folder on your desktop, e.g. "C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\Work". then open the next patch mpq and also extract all folders from this one into the folder on your desktop. then open the next and also extract everything into the folder on your desktop. and so on.
then repack all folders back into a new mpq.

Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:19 pm 

I done everything in your post correctly Sunstorm and when i start up WoW the file gets replaced with 1kb, it wont work for me at all.

Any ideas?

Edit: Nevermind, turned out i didn't put .MPQ at the end.

Re: Assistance required from start

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:33 am 

Many thanks for the "short" version of many posts, worked perfectly

Aisha

Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:48 am 

first you need ladik's mpq editor.
then, download any patch you would like to use. open each patch mpq file you downloaded with mpq editor and extract the "item", "character", etc. folders from the mpq into one folder on your desktop. so to speak you've got to merge all patches into one.
after that you have to pack everything back into a new mpq. click "create new mpq", enter the name for the new mpq, e.g. "SoundCache-patch-13329.MPQ", click next until you created the file, but leave the other settings as is. drag&drop the folders called "item", "interface", "character", "creature" etc. into the window. in the next window you've got to check that file compression is turned off for every file type. click "OK".
put your file into wow/Data/Cache and replace the old SoundCache-patch-13329.MPQ with yours. sometimes your file gets replaced by the game. simply replace the file again with yours, so keep a backup.

that's the long version.

the short version:
download mpq editor
download patches
merge patches by extracting all folders into one by using mpq editor
pack everything in a fresh mpq called "SoundCache-patch-13329.MPQ"
put it in Data/Cache and replace old one

and the shortest version is:
if you want to use only one patch you donwloaded, rename it SoundCache-patch-13329.MPQ and try if it works. if not, extract the folders and create a new mpq.

but remember that player model edits like patches for big boobs don't work at the moment. you can use texture edits (armor skins) and object model edits (weapons, shoulder amor).

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 6 posts ]