New Topic Post Reply  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: A Suggestion
Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:40 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

With all of the Model Edits being inaccessible, I've gotten to just making a separate WoW updated to 3.3.5, fully equipped with my favorite model edit patches, and realm-list set to one of my favorite Blizz-Like Private Servers.

I suggest anyone longing for model edits and such to emulate this.

How to make a Separate WoW without it auto-patching:

Step 1: Download all patch .exes from the site below, going from 3.0.1 to 3.3.5

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article. ... leId=21079

Step 2: Unplug your Internet Cable/Disable Internet

Step 3: Put your World of Warcraft Folder (Main Folder) into the Recycling Bin (DO NOT DELETE)

Step 3A: Install the Original WoW with the disc, and patch up from 3.0.1 to 3.3.5

Step 4: Rename the World of Warcraft Folder to WoW.
(This is so the Recycling bin doesn't confuse your Retail Folder with the Private Server one)

Step 5: Find a good private server, and set your realmlist.

AFTER THE INSTALLATION, SET YOUR LAUNCHER TO WOW.EXE

PM Me for a link to a good private Server with GM Benefits.
 Last edited by on Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re A Suggestion
Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:40 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

If you got a portable memory you can disconnect from your computer you can just store your WoW there and unplugg it and install the private server WoW on main comp works like a charm.

Would do it but haven't saved any older model edits so no real use for me to do this now. But nice of you to put it up for people! Re: A Suggestion

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:34 am 

I must be dumb or something could I get a better explanation maybe Re: A Suggestion Like where do you put all the patches that you download in what folder, one named wow 2? And you say to delete my Whole Wow folder, what if I wanna go back to to patch 4.x.x If I were to restore folder it would probably ask to overwrite the other. Does this method allow me to have two separate wow Folders, one at patch 4.x.x and one at 3.5.5? After I put my Main Wow Folder in the recycle Bin, I only download Vanilla/Classic Wow, and that's the only Expansion I need? If you could be more detailed or something. Thanks for putting this up though ^^

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:11 am 

I will probably do this, i'm missing the way things were...

BTW, step 1 should probably say "download" instead of "install"

Also, when you say WoW classic, are you referring to vanilla WoW, like pre-expansion? Or is it WotLK WoW that already starts at 3.0.1?

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:33 pm 

here's another way to do it if you take your original wow folder and make a duplicate of it onto your desktop you can manually remove said patches and start over from scratch just run wow repair then run the updater till you get to the patch you want then change the realmlist to said private realm and then you can have 2 wows that run next to each other just a warning tho if the private realm updates with a patch you need to redo the realmlist change after the one update.

Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:08 pm 

Ok, so... sorry i'm still confused...

After installing original WoW, then won't it be at version 1.x? But your guide says it will be at 3.0.1? Or unless you bought it after WotLK or BC it won't be at 1.x? Then again I've never been around at vanilla WoW so I don't know what version number it actually starts at.

Sorry, I will try this out myself later once I download all the patches and probably figure it out.

Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:21 pm 

TheYesMan0014 wrote:
Does the recycling bin empty itself?
i had more than once that the recycling bin emptied itself on jan 01.
that was in 2005/2006 on winxp. i don't know if this is still the case, but i wouldn't let important stuff stay in the recycling bin, especially not on new year's eve.

Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:22 am 

... is there another way around if your main Wow Folder wont fit in the recycle bin? Re: A Suggestion

Do we even have to put it in the bin, cant you just download classic and rename it before install. Oh and yes I meant download. My wow disc doesnt work anymore for some reason.

Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:14 pm 

redaxle wrote:
I will probably do this, i'm missing the way things were...

BTW, step 1 should probably say "download" instead of "install"

Also, when you say WoW classic, are you referring to vanilla WoW, like pre-expansion? Or is it WotLK WoW that already starts at 3.0.1?

I refer to The actual first WoW Disc. Disc 1, Original WoW.

It starts you off at 3.0.1

Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:12 pm 

Tau24 wrote:
I must be dumb or something could I get a better explanation maybe Re: A Suggestion Like where do you put all the patches that you download in what folder, one named wow 2? And you say to delete my Whole Wow folder, what if I wanna go back to to patch 4.x.x If I were to restore folder it would probably ask to overwrite the other. Does this method allow me to have two separate wow Folders, one at patch 4.x.x and one at 3.5.5? After I put my Main Wow Folder in the recycle Bin, I only download Vanilla/Classic Wow, and that's the only Expansion I need? If you could be more detailed or something. Thanks for putting this up though ^^

Yep, One folder for Retail, one for Private.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next