Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC [ DST ]

New Topic Post Reply  [ 8 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Character resize camera
Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:25 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

Alright guys, I have looked to my wit's end for a solution to this problem. Hopefully someone here will be able to help me, I changed the size of my characters in wow's dbc files, to give myself a constant noggenfogger like effect. My problem is this, on my druid if I shape shift into any forms, I have tried leaving the forms at their normal sizes and tried equalizing them with my small size, or on any of my characters if I mount...my camera readjusts itself to being above my characters head. When I zoom in onto my character the most i can see is her head basically, unless I look from a ground-up angle, or if I zoom into first person the camera is in the same spot it would be if I was normal sized. I'm willing to assume that my camera is still sitting in the position it would be if I was normal sized, it does, however, sit at the correct level when I first log on until I mount or shape shift.

Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:25 am 

Well to make things a bit more precise, I originally rescaled them in creaturedisplayinfo.dbc. I removed the patch with that dbc mod however, and made a new one where I changed creaturemodeldata.dbc, to sum it up, I swapped the NE stats in there with the gnome stats, without changing my NE size, and it basically had the same effect of, when I log on the camera position is correct, but immediately upon mounting or shape shifting, and persistent after dismounting or switching back to NE form, the camera position resets to that of the NE. I have also tried opening the model in blender and repositioning the cameras in there just to see if that had any effect, but it didn't.

Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:10 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

Sorry I don't tend to check forums/emails daily. Yes I have that problem too, but it's a fair enough trade off if you want to change your character size imo.

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:31 am 

zalu wrote:
Got Glitchy's mes...works perfect other than the portrait camera being set too high lol, however that is a minor detail. Was worried about trying it originally because of having to use wowme which was blocked waaaaay back many years ago when I used to model edit, but apparently its unnecessary for 3.3.5. Appreciate the tip Chaisy, and I would recommend you trying this Akgis.

yeh I know of that but then I lose the portrait I dont know I like the portrait maybe there is a way to change the Portrait camera? but I dont know wich....

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:55 am 

I guess what your looking for could be in another DBC file
i don't know which or where as DBC's issn't in my area of Expertice

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:56 pm 

I've done a lot of things with resizing but when its done with DBC edits, I never found a good way to get around that either. You might try using Glitchy's MES instead to resize the model directly instead of doing it via DBC edit. Unfortunately Glitchy's MES has glitches so it might not work perfectly either.

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:13 am 

I have exacly the same probleam when I done gnome > Draenei. The camera was fine until I mounted or moved... Kinda a turn off since when I zome in all I see its her chest and not the face.

Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:54 am 

Got Glitchy's mes...works perfect other than the portrait camera being set too high lol, however that is a minor detail. Was worried about trying it originally because of having to use wowme which was blocked waaaaay back many years ago when I used to model edit, but apparently its unnecessary for 3.3.5. Appreciate the tip Chaisy, and I would recommend you trying this Akgis.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 8 posts ]