New Topic Post Reply  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Question about nude mods
Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:57 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

I've read everywhere, but i cant seem to find a remedy to making the nude patches work for 4.3 the newest cata patch, has anyone found a way to make the patches work again? if so please provide a very detailed explanation on how to fix this problem, thanks in advance!

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:57 pm 

tancients wrote:
Try following the picture guide:

Obviously depending on the patch you use, you may have to fully log in to test it rather than just start WoW.

I saw these steps but there's one thing I don't get, how do I know which one of those files to replace?

EDIT: NVM I got it. damn lack of sleep.... just ignoe this post.
"Pain, agony, my hatred burns through the cavernous deeps. The world heaves with my torment, its wretched kingdoms quake beneath my rage. But at last the whole of Azeroth will break, and all will burn beneath the shadow of my wings." -Deathwing

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:23 am 

metalbeast83 wrote:
ive probly missed it somewhere on here but i was trying to figure out how to combine my patches together an take out the stuf i didnt want im sure i saw sumthing about it on here i just cant find it againRead the Last part of the F.A.Q.

Whenever there is a Update to the F.A.Q. You should read it as there might be Something new that could come in use for you
(also you should read it any way)

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:56 am 

I found that a rename alone doesn't always do it. It worked for the alternative one posted on this forum but when I tried to rename and place a different, older patch MPQ in the same way, WoW recognised it and overwrote it with a tiny 1k file.

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:31 pm 

metalbeast83 wrote:
i stil couldnt find anything to tell me how to use either one of the editers i was able to extract the mpq but i could figure out how to tur the folders back into an mpq

You aren't. In plain language, you are opening the 1st mpq ("extracting" it), and the open files that are inside are /copied/ to the temporary ("work") file folder. They sit there. Then you open the 2nd mpq, and its files are /also/ copied to the /same/ temporary file, /adding/ to the 1st ones. The same with any other mpqs that you extract in that session of the editor.

So you have one giant /temporary/ working folder filled with the various individal files and folders extracted from the mpqs.

Then (I think this is where you may be lost) your job is to /create/ a completely /new/ mpq, and while doing so, set it to be created using /all/ the contents of that single giant temporary folder. ("work" is the default name by Ladiqs, I believe).

There are already on this site in various threads the process for creating a new mpq, I cannot re-do that now.

This /new/ one needs to be named (at first) something /different/ than the various multiple mpqs that you already have, for easy reference, so if you already have a "patch-x.mpq" For Gash'd sake do NOT name the new one this as well. (The name is unimportant otherwise, as you will be changing it in a moment, so make it a long and easily understandable name)

This one giant mpq now needs to be renamed /and/ moved to replace w/e patch-Soundcache-3.mpq name in the Wow/data/cache folder. Because you cannot have two mpqs with the same name in the same folder, you must change one slightly, before moving it.

Personally, I add a ! to the original, copy/paste the name, add my own renamed and customized mpq, then remove the original Blizzard file as-is to a separate folder elsewhere.

I hope this helps you to understand something of the process, as I have only worked it out myself in trial and error.

Magister ego, non eramus. Non adverso, tolero. Non tolero, mortis.
I am (my own) Master/I Master myself. (there are) None Other- no other Masters, Master of no others. (If) I cannot resist, I will endure. (If) I cannot endure, death.

Avatar by the AWESOME Turbotauren

“So....so...FLUFFY!” - Whisperblade and Zakharra

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:49 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

ive probly missed it somewhere on here but i was trying to figure out how to combine my patches together an take out the stuf i didnt want im sure i saw sumthing about it on here i just cant find it again

Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:28 am 

cdc22555 wrote:
Renaming a MPQ patch and putting it in the sound cache does not work for me. im suprised it worked for anyone..any other advice?

Try following the picture guide:

Obviously depending on the patch you use, you may have to fully log in to test it rather than just start WoW.

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:36 pm 

edit: ok i found out what my problem was thanks for your help im new at redoing mpqs like that but i finnaly fixed my problem, thanks again

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:13 pm 

Renaming a MPQ patch and putting it in the sound cache does not work for me. im suprised it worked for anyone..any other advice?

Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:29 am 

marshallk358 wrote:
This might not be the thread for it, but out of curiosity, what is it that dictates what MPQs WoW reads? Would changing that be a noticable violation of ToS over renaming our own/replacing blizzard MPQs?

Question 1: Read the last few pages of Empire Strikes Back forum thread.

Question 2: It is a violation, it's always been a violation. But if you meant to ask if they enforce it? Probably only to those that brag about it openly in the public.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next