New Topic Post Reply  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:09 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

Hello experts,
I've bought new Vegas and wanted time to try the world-famous nude patches, yet I can not download, but, so after installing the game with Steam, I can not find the folder Fallout New Vegas , not about the search function, how to modding for something if I do not weiu where? Can someone help me? Sorry, am beginner.
I just read yet, you should not install the game on Win7 in the given path but in a specially created folder, because otherwise it is a problem. There is something?
ABOUT help I am very grateful.
JO

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:21 pm 

Had to be here: C: \ Program Files \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ fallout new vegas \ Data \

At least half a minute long, the search results via Google. Re: New folder Fallout Vegas?

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:11 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

Gonas has already given you the exact path Re: New folder Fallout Vegas?

To install, if it is an official version, then you can not really find it install differently. Was at least in my case, since the same was on Steam, and installed it on the well-known type of itself, so that was not even one can choose a folder.

The illegal versions of Steam games like that might be possible, since I am not familiar though!

By the way, I have no problems with the game under Windows 7 Ultimate 64 in the normal Steam folder. Either on the PC, even on the laptop (Win 7 Home Premium 32-bit).

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:18 pm 

Hey, thank you both right, all have found the folder.
So, you can walk just go, but how, I can not download anything, to blod, then I will even deal with how to do that, in theory. Does anyone have an educational link?
With TexMod I know nothing about it, but this is probably a different league, incidentally, is a nude patch here from me, see Tomb Raider Anniversary, Lara-Black Dress at all, not bad, right?
So until then
JO

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:27 pm 

Oldvegas
Hey, thank you both right, all have found the folder.
So, you can walk just go, but how, I can not download anything, to blod, then I will even deal with how to do that, in theory. Does anyone have an educational link?

I do not know how at the Steam Edition (or simply the legal version). I guess so it's not different, but I certainly am not. If it is equal to the files you had to insert easily into the Data folder. The work was allowed at 90% of the mods.

Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:06 pm 

Unfortunately, this copy to folder in the User Account Control or as the zuschagen heist. This may possibly impede Modifications to the files.

Therefore it is recommended games that you did not like modding in the default folders C: \ Program install, but an own folder to LGEN, eg C: \ games

Then you have this problem not before.

Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:45 am 

Unfortunately, this can copy the folder in the User Account Control or as the zuschagen heist. This may possibly impede Modifications to the files.

Therefore it is recommended games that you did not like modding in the default folders C: \ Program install, but an own folder to LGEN, eg C: \ games

Then you have this problem not before.

Right, that will be meant. Well, for me it's become so normal to install the games on HDD's completely different, no wonder I do not think that there are people who are at C: / install programs.

Riddle solved Re: New folder Fallout Vegas?

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:17 pm 

I find C: \ Program Files and C: \ Program Files (x86) awesome. Aside from the fact that a couple of very few programs seem to have problems with the (x86) have is this well. Without admin rights has no program write to that folder (that also programs that outsource Save Games). Thus, there is everything neat and clean, and there are only 2 places to write programs that is the one of the My Documents folder (My Documents), and second, the hidden AppData folder, which is used only as a temporary storage (there is nothing to function necessary). If the UAC is considered in critical applications, you will never have problems.

Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:34 am 

Sky light with quote
I find C: \ Program Files and C: \ Program Files (x86) awesome. Aside from the fact that a couple of very few programs seem to have problems with the (x86) have is this well. Without admin rights has no program write to that folder (that also programs that outsource Save Games). Thus, there is everything neat and clean, and there are only 2 places to write programs that is the one of the My Documents folder (My Documents), and second, the hidden AppData folder, which is used only as a temporary storage (there is nothing to function necessary). If the UAC is considered in critical applications, you will never have problems.

And what happens when the games savegames try to create their own folders?
If the games as you write, do not have write access to its own directory, as this can produce then
a) Save Games in their own folders?
B) the config files, like for example the graphics settings stored in their folders?

Not every game puts these files in My Documents from.

Divinity 2 sets e.g. Saves on XP and Konfigeinstellungen in the folder
C: \ Documents and Settings \ {username} \ Local Settings \ Application Data \ Divinity 2
from.
If the game is somewhat old, and with Windows 7 can not do anything, then there are problems.

Programs that know Windows Vista / 7, however, are likely ausglagern their files accordingly.

I still like Nude Mod weiu had me once wrote that he does not nude mod of Sacred 2 was unable to install.
Again, the account had control over the review of the game files prevented.

For this reason, the games generally better not to C: instalation \ Program Files (x86): \ or C programs.

At best a folder, for example C: \ program create and install the games clean.

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:37 pm 

No, these files are being transferred to Appdata without that the game will notice this. I've noticed in old Win98 games.
I think the Application Data folder in the folder XP Appdata corresponds in Win7.
Other programs, such as for example the patches of MMORPGs require at startup or patching directly write in the game folder.
With nude patches I've never had problems to install in the Program Files folder. You have to start it with Admin rights, then it goes smoothly. The only thing that still could cause problems would be the property rules, because in the Program Files folder, you can install programs for all users.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next