New Topic Post Reply  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:19 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

Blizzard Finaly add the mouth Animation for worgen female aswell the Dance and Running wild: walk/run/jump what ever a mount can you can that on all four (beside carry a passenger)

now they only need to the fangs in the lower jaw and tungue, and will look finished.
(as well trow in the yes animation and a few more maybe...)

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:30 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

Zilem wrote:
I figure most of them have ben working on Starcraft 2 and Diablo III
and don't tell me each game have they're own team...
Uh, yes, they do each have their own team. Their projects (SC2, Cata, DIII, Mystery MMO) all have separate development teams, as is common in most major studios.

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:49 am 

vlarg wrote:
I do agree with that, I was merely being generous. Lucky for blizzard that NCsoft games aren't actually designed to be fun, because Lineage 2 character models still smoke wow ones, and Aion's are two generations beyond those in terms of sublime gorgeousness. Re: Update: Blizzard's New Character Models

I would like to see them if they'd actually give their art team free-reign to use some resources on them.

Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:18 am 

Blizzard should :

Hire Dyable(or anyother of the skilled and talented people on these forums)
Give him 6 months and a good pay
???????
PROFIT Re: Update: Blizzard's New Character Models

Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:05 pm 

Lyell wrote:
But it can buy more people to work in the time allotted.

If nothing else, have you heard of economies of scale?

Besides, an art team isn't something you can just throw money at and expect to see more/"better" results.

http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=Soleirra

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:51 am 

Trollpaxton wrote:
Sigh @ Blizzard.

Goblins and Worgen are 4 models and maybe 150 animations each. Sure, that's not small, but they have had YEARS and WoW pulls in 10s of millions of dollars a MONTH.

They've spent that time making the game easier for those idiot casuals. "pl0z mke gme ezier blizz, i dnt hve mch time 2 ply!!!!!!"

Trollpaxton wrote:
that get played for all of maybe 6 HOURS TOTAL AND THEN NEVER REVISITED

Or 2 hours if you're good.

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:12 am 

Aren't we still waiting on a dance studio or something along those lines from what was promised but never delivered for the Wrath expansion? I was really looking forward to having a lot more animations to pick from when making videos and screenshots Re: Update: Blizzard's New Character Models .

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:47 am 

SoulTrain0217 wrote:
Brooke's Law of Software Development: Adding manpower to a late project makes it later.

Put another way: Nine women can't make a baby in one month. The each take nine for their own kid.

If Blizz wants to 'update the graphics' then they would need to assemble a project to do that. Scope it, budget it, hire the talent, and then do it. This isn't something where you can dovetail someone in here, and someone else in there. They'd only get in the way of the other developers. It'd be like trying to repaint a house DURING the remodeling, not after the remodeling construction is finished.

Why does everyone that argues with me automatically assume that the problem is now? When we've had the same base character models since public release? Don't tell me they haven't been over due for an update for quite some time. That Blizzard only NOW decided "yep, they're right. We need to do something about that," is not my fault. As it's been pointed out, the house has been constructed for a while now. They've gone through two major remodels to the house, but the furniture is mostly unchanged. Except, y'know, when they had to fold out the recliner.

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:21 pm 

Lionhearte wrote:
probably wouldn't need to do the Belfs/Draenei since they are better quality than the others.
*pulls out large warhammer* c'mere, you.
They're not top priority, but with the model edits that do NOT focus entirely on the breasts, i would suppose there's quite a bit of things to fix.
Like...the claws (ingame, we call those "hands") of the various models, and overall polygon count, especially in areas that bend. I get nightmares when i imagine a real human deforming like that when he waves his arm.
Sure, this isn't Aion (which excels at graphics, but gameplay is like a copy from WoW with some extras added, but immensely heavy grinding and unfair mob stats (level 20 elite VS level 37 character being tough? k), and the design is supposed to be cartoony, but they could really make some more appealing cartoon characters without going towards "realism".
After all, they revamped NPCs already (see: Kobolds), could do the same with players someday, tho mixed reactions would follow.

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:17 pm 

I view it as more like an over time thing.
Like patch 4.2 they roll out 2-4 new race models.
Then 5.0 we get new races again (murloc for horde, pandaren for alliance plx)
5.2 we get the reamaining old races.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 >> Next