1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:58 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

Zilem wrote:
I figure most of them have ben working on Starcraft 2 and Diablo III
and don't tell me each game have they're own team...

I think it was Nethaera or Zarhym who mentioned that each game does have their own development team, seperate from each other.

I would have to look up the post since that info was posted many months ago.

Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:31 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

Trollpaxton wrote:
Sigh @ Blizzard.

Goblins and Worgen are 4 models and maybe 150 animations each. Sure, that's not small, but they have had YEARS and WoW pulls in 10s of millions of dollars a MONTH.

Maybe if they hadn't spent so much money on those elaborate 1-12 starting zones for goblins and worgen that get played for all of maybe 6 HOURS TOTAL AND THEN NEVER REVISITED they could have finally gotten around to making orc and troll breasts jiggle. Re: Update: Blizzard's New Character Models I feel ya mon!

But maybe they didn't allow they're artists to do it?
as maybe they was too bissy with Starcraft 2 & Diablo 3 (not that i have a thing about that)
(now many they have agian?)

I don't know about troll females, but female orc might have to much muscles to be able to have they're breats jiggle

lagstalker wrote:
I doubt they will change the overall appearance of the models that much, they will likely just up the poly count, making them a bit smoother, improve the textures and fix all the animations, they won't be able to drastically change the look of the models like the human to proudmore model, otherwise people will complain about them changing the look of their character... I know I would.
A think i like with the Worgen and Goblin models is that they Actualy blink theyre eyes
and not how and then a have sqaured closed eye texture infront of they're eye...
and some areas of the model is just to square ish...

if they improve the Textures, i hope that also will increase the color limit...

also alot of wow models are 5+ Years old

Cams0x69 wrote:
Female worgen model is just a modified female Draenei model.

I do not know about the male one and haven't checked.

Goblins are just rehashed...Goblin models I'm assuming.

It took them 3-4 days to do what they did and "create" the textures.
I still don't see the resemblance with the Draeneis and Worgens...

but yes the Goblins are very alike, they even have the same Skin-Mapping as the Classic do

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:48 pm 

They totally redid unique visuals for every world boss. The rationalization of "this doesn't directly increase our profit margin" holds NO water with this precedent in mind - they're NPCs that sit solitary doing nothing, except for one or two guest quest or instance appearances. Far less relevant to game satisfaction than any given avatar that a player spends the entire duration of the game gazing at the backside of.

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:02 am 

Trollpaxton wrote:
I fired up the beta and while the models seem to be the same they have added some other stuff. I'm not sure I noticed everything but they definitely added self-shadows (which were kinda crappy) and an environment map (aka. shine) which I could only see when my character was standing in the shade.
I still remember the days when Jedi Knight III came out, the self-shadows looked good in the promo shots, but like utter crap in my own game.
But if they are adding more shaderwork, well, why not? The World (of Warcraft) is going to change, so why not add some more visual effects Re: Update: Blizzard's New Character Models
I would love to see some proper glow materials, too. Not some added texture planes with a texture set to additive, as we got it now (see glowing eyes, which are ugly)

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:46 pm 

it's not necromancy if the thread is still on the 1st page, is it? Re: Update: Blizzard's New Character Models
Distanced myself from WoW for quite a bit, keeping myself busy until Cataclysm comes, and felt like throwing in my 2 cents.

First off, they got the resources, they got the art team...HOWEVER, see who's got Blizzard under his fingers, and you know why they don't waste any time nor effort on anything that does not directly increase sales / give additional income for them. Unless we mind-control the stockholders into telling Mr. BigCheese to put some improvement onto the old player models, they're pretty much last on their list.

We also have seen Blizzard's attempt at updating old player models, or rather: their skins, and the result was rather...explosive.
While i DID like some of the updated skins, others looked totally wrong, and the gnomes, with their f***ed up faces... XD

And to the questions about the departments-per-game, did you people forget who made Diablo II? Re: Update: Blizzard's New Character Models Blizzard North. While i believe they don't exist anymore under their own name, they still exist inside Blizzard, and they work on Diablo III. As it seems, Blizzard has dedicated teams, and some extra "manpower", which are allocated onto the team that most needs them at the given moment.

Personally, i would LOVE to see them revisit their old models, starting with vanilla WoW models, then going up the versions and replacing the old things with new one as they go, and especially, increasing texture details from their old 256x256@256 color BLP textures with some at least twice as big, 16-32bit DDS Re: Update: Blizzard's New Character Models

I"m not expecting them to model proper armors to replace painted-on armor (as i don't see it happen, honestly... there's too much armor designs for that to EVER work out without stuff looking like recolors) but at least make them have the armors "stand out" with bump-mapping and specular maps masked to the armor section (avoids shiny skin below the armor)

That's my own view on things.

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:09 pm 

well i do knwo the last pod cast metzen did say that a future cata content patch they may do what the did with the druid reskins and revamp the older races to be mor eon par with the two new races.

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:07 pm 

New update regarding Blizzcon info, see first post.

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:39 am 

I would love new models, altho draenei and worgen are alrdy newer anyway so its a moot point for me.

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:57 pm 

Lyell wrote:
But it can buy more people to work in the time allotted.
More people working on a single project does NOT mean it will be done on time. There's different departments, limited resources, and there will always be bugs that need to be ironed out. You name something that has been proven to come out faster because there's 10.000 people working on it. It just doesn't happen. Look at congress.

Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:21 am 

Zilem wrote:
If it's just that that make it resemble a Worgen, then what about the Orginal Worgen?, the Northrend worgen?
how many Animations ware alike?, Dragonstomp?, Whirlwind? Kneel?, Emote_Shy?

Wireframe?, err yes they both have more Polygons then the orginal 8 Races

Taunka and Broken is just a Re-Edited Tauren male
try use a Tauren male texture for the Broken and you will see

Worgen female and Draenei female is not, they're bones issn't even the same nor is the Skin mapping
Re: Update: Blizzard's New Character Models

They do indeed look similar however their are many differences the neck thickness on the worgan is much err...Bulkier? then that of the Draenei model the arms also seem to have more detail then that of the Draenei model, the back is less arched and the chest is flatter then slanted, the butt has more of an arch then the Draenei model and the breasts on the worgen seem to hang more realistically then the Draenei model.

Add to that how much of a pain in the ass it is to remove an entire limb (like the tail) from a model while trying to keep it somewhat seem-line.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 >> Next