New Topic Post Reply  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:23 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

If they're doing updates. I'll dream big and hope on some bigger customization as well. Barbershop was nice, but gimmicky. My UD pretty much just got copypasta hair from other races.

And goddamnit I'd like to look like a more compelling corpse. The showing joints on everything is just getting tacky

Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:49 pm 

vlarg wrote:
Tell me about it. Their excuses are complete bullshit, they have near infinite resources for their monster game. Re: Update: Blizzard's New Character Models
I love hearing players calling developers lazy; what you don't seem to realise is that the artists probably want to revisit the old models as much as you want to see it, but new content is trumping the clean-up job.

And don't just say 'but they have so much money!' because money can't buy time :p

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:19 am 

Gombol wrote:
They've spent that time making the game easier for those idiot casuals. "pl0z mke gme ezier blizz, i dnt hve mch time 2 ply!!!!!!"
God forbid anyone has a life besides WoW, and actually goes out and works instead of freeloading off their parents. Re: Update: Blizzard's New Character Models

In any case, you seem to have no clue how game development works. The team responsible for "making it easier for casuals" has absolutely nothing to do with the team that updates in-game player models - and most likely, neither of them share any members from the other team (they're probably 100% unique members for both teams).

So yeah, I don't know what you were trying to prove there, but you've proven something else entirely about yourself that you probably didn't want people to know.

Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:17 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

Zilem wrote:
15$/12€ x 10mil users per month
+40$/24€ x users buying the expansion
+10$/€ per user that buys a non-combat pet from the Blizz-store
+20$/€ per user that buy a Celestial Steed from the Blizz-store
-? Employes fee
-? Maintence fee
-? stuff
= i just don't what to know what the imcome is.

Kalwa wrote:

http://www.geekologie.com/image.php?pat ... t-full.jpg

This chart is about a year or so old, but should still be relevant enough to put things in perspective. The operational upkeep is the important thing to take away to answer your question. Also, remember that the upkeep could have increased/decreased since Blizz recently upgraded server hardware since this chart was compiled. It also doesn't take employee salary into account. But multiplying the estimated daily upkeep, the yearly cost is 49.9m USD. Which is a fraction of the 800m USD estimated income just from the EU and US alone. Also, remember the estimated income is for subscriptions, not for the initial purchase of a retail copy/expacLike i said i didn't want to know... now i know it's a ridiculously high income o.0
(and that Times 5.5 because im a Dane... and thats just giving me headache)

Hopefully there should soon come a new Beta Build

As far as i know Blizz had added 2 new animation to every Player race: Swim_Walk & Swim_Run (Used in Vasj'ir)
and i found the Transform anymations for worgen Female (the Human part looks a little odd...)
there have not ben much since the 2.1 Worgen female model (aside the added Transform animation, also lacking Mounth animation)
to tell you how thise new Swin animations looks like: they looks like a Jumpy sprint/slow charge and slow jumpy sprint/Jumpy (Moon) walking

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:35 am 

Zilem wrote:
I still don't see the resemblance with the Draeneis and Worgens...

People just say that because of the digitigrade legs and upright posture. There's not much you can do with a humanoid that has legs like that.

Modifying the hair on a lot of the races (especially horde) would go a long way towards bringing them into line with the newer stuff.

My DA page, My H-F page
Commissions: Information Updated on January 4, 2011

Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:27 am 

vlarg wrote:
They totally redid unique visuals for every world boss. The rationalization of "this doesn't directly increase our profit margin" holds NO water with this precedent in mind - they're NPCs that sit solitary doing nothing, except for one or two guest quest or instance appearances. Far less relevant to game satisfaction than any given avatar that a player spends the entire duration of the game gazing at the backside of.
Still trying to figure out why they did that---probably they want to have worldbosses that look epic because of the fact they're, well, bosses? =P

I want a new model for Hogger. Make him look like some gnoll on steroids, with utterly evil facial expression Re: Update: Blizzard's New Character Models (but please, no trademark Blizzard "WTF" facial emote as seen on alot of models (Kil'jaeden being the biggest and most obvious of them...lower that damn brow and start to look like you mean it, dammit!)

Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:35 pm 

Chaisy wrote:
Aren't we still waiting on a dance studio or something along those lines from what was promised but never delivered for the Wrath expansion? I was really looking forward to having a lot more animations to pick from when making videos and screenshots Re: Update: Blizzard's New Character Models .

Someone asked that question and Chris said that this is something that they are mostly completed but want to add more dances to it. And whenever the animators have spare time, they try to get them to create more dances. Once they have where they think is a lot of dances, they'll release the whole package. Chilton or Street said that it's like the barber shop, where they had only a handful of extra hairstyles and whatnot and didn't want the dance studio to have just a few dances.

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:50 am 

ScDK wrote:
it's not necromancy if the thread is still on the 1st page, is it? Re: Update: Blizzard's New Character Models
Distanced myself from WoW for quite a bit, keeping myself busy until Cataclysm comes, and felt like throwing in my 2 cents.Only if it's 3+ Mounths or Outdated/Abandoned, however some Topics like this one never realy die
but lets hope that Blizz make it "outdated", if you know what im saying ;p

ScDK wrote:
We also have seen Blizzard's attempt at updating old player models, or rather: their skins, and the result was rather...explosive.
While i DID like some of the updated skins, others looked totally wrong, and the gnomes, with their f***ed up faces... XDYou meet Frazzle Geargrinder?
aka the Classic-Alpha face textures, which returned in the Wrath of the lichking Alpha... but twize the pixel size

ScDK wrote:
And to the questions about the departments-per-game, did you people forget who made Diablo II? Re: Update: Blizzard's New Character Models Blizzard North. While i believe they don't exist anymore under their own name, they still exist inside Blizzard, and they work on Diablo III. As it seems, Blizzard has dedicated teams, and some extra "manpower", which are allocated onto the team that most needs them at the given moment.They Formed Flagship studios, and created Hellgate: London (and worked on other games aswell)
but the even a flagship can sink (which it did)

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:07 am 

sorrin wrote:
Technically, the joint you are referring to in both the Worgen and Draenei models would be considered their 'ankle' rather than a 'reversed knee', seeing as the knee is the first join below the hip on legs.

Imagine the Draenei feet as having just a single toe, and that toe's nail is the hoof itself.
Exactly my point, but there are other Models with a Second (backside)knee:
Worgen (Classic)
Worgen (Nothtrend)
Lost one
Broken (Tauren Male Tauren Male Animations)
Tauren (Both Genders)
Dragonman (Worgen Male Animations)
Wrathguard
Eredars (but they are technicaly Draenei)
Succubus

Butterwaffle wrote:
They share the same, or a very similar wire frame form what I can tell. The curve in the back and the backwards-knee thing in the lower leg (What's the proper term for that?) gave it away most for me. It was even more apparent in their first proper revelation, where their poses were shown as some of those draenei already have, likely because they weren't quite finished with the custom ones yet.
If it's just that that make it resemble a Worgen, then what about the Orginal Worgen?, the Northrend worgen?
how many Animations ware alike?, Dragonstomp?, Whirlwind? Kneel?, Emote_Shy?

Wireframe?, err yes they both have more Polygons then the orginal 8 Races

Taunka and Broken is just a Re-Edited Tauren male
try use a Tauren male texture for the Broken and you will see

Worgen female and Draenei female is not, they're bones issn't even the same nor is the Skin mapping
Re: Update: Blizzard's New Character Models

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:13 pm 

Chaisy wrote:
That's good that they are still working on it and that's there's some new info about it. But IMO all they needed to do was make every race and gender able to do every other race's and gender's dance. Of course some of them would be done rather poorly... like a tauren male trying to do the belf female dance... it just would not look right. But it would be hilarious and that would make it worth it Re: Update: Blizzard's New Character Models .I pretty much would just use the Undead Dances reguardless of race and gender ;p

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9
 >> Next