Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:38 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

Cams0x69 wrote:
Female worgen model is just a modified female Draenei model.

I do not know about the male one and haven't checked.

Goblins are just rehashed...Goblin models I'm assuming.

It took them 3-4 days to do what they did and "create" the textures.If that's were they got the model from, that's only a fraction of the time, they still need to make every animation from scratch, which from experience is very time consuming. I've created about 5 frames of poses, and it takes quite some time, and that's not even stringing them together to make a smooth animation, and each animation has hundreds or thousands of frames.

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:01 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

Zilem wrote:
I figure most of them have ben working on Starcraft 2 and Diablo III
and don't tell me each game have they're own team...
world of warcraft's art team is larger in itself than the entire dev team for some MMOs. yes, of course each game has its own team.

if any players noticed the player models needed some love, I will bet you dollars to donuts the art team noticed first. they want to do an update, any artist worth their salt would(and blizzard's artists are worth a lot of salt), but it's not up to them at the end of the day. producers make the priorities, and updated player models have obviously not been high on the list of priorities. so, don't blame the artists.

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:41 am 

Silinrun wrote:
If you think about it, bliz did release the Druid forms in a patch. So its entirely possible for them to do it in a patch, it'll probably be a pretty decently large one though maybe?

Possible, but I think updating all of the classic models could be a major selling point for Blizzard. That's why, in my opinion, if all that work is done, why not put it on an expansion? It's just a very big appeal for those to come back during a new expansion instead of a content patch.

Don't get me wrong, though, the sooner the models, the better - I don't care for what medium they use to bring it to us. I just fear that, since it's "a lot of work," they might put a price tag on it.

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:42 am 

vlarg wrote:
It was past due to upgrade the polycounts on these upwards of two years ago. It's not a good look.

WoW's graphics were "out of date" at release, just now we're coming up on 2004 era quality.

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:59 pm 

caboom wrote:
Blizzard should :

Hire Dyable(or anyother of the skilled and talented people on these forums)
Give him 6 months and a good pay
???????
PROFIT Re: Update: Blizzard's New Character Models
Not a bad idea. In fact they should just public domain the tools (this isn't such a bad idea any more because the tech is old enough that it won't give anyone an advantage on them) and ask for model donations from their players. The best models gets used in the game and the creator gets $1000, the game gets better looking models basically for free.

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:32 am 

Zilem wrote:
I pretty much would just use the Undead Dances reguardless of race and gender ;p
xD Yeah I'd probably be using the male one at least Re: Update: Blizzard's New Character Models The animations on them (for the most part) would be the only things I like about the undeads.

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:58 pm 

kurikuri wrote:
And don't just say 'but they have so much money!' because money can't buy time :p

But it can buy more people to work in the time allotted.

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:15 pm 

Sigh @ Blizzard.

Goblins and Worgen are 4 models and maybe 150 animations each. Sure, that's not small, but they have had YEARS and WoW pulls in 10s of millions of dollars a MONTH.

Maybe if they hadn't spent so much money on those elaborate 1-12 starting zones for goblins and worgen that get played for all of maybe 6 HOURS TOTAL AND THEN NEVER REVISITED they could have finally gotten around to making orc and troll breasts jiggle. Re: Update: Blizzard's New Character Models

Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:06 am 

I would like to comment on anyone who is complaining about wow models compared to other games.

While I agree that WoW will never have anything on Linerage and Aion models, both those games demand high quality PCs. One of the reasons I favor wow over a lot of other good MMOs is that it recognizes that some people try to play it on laptops....

I have tried to play Aion on a laptop, and dear god, I felt sorry for my laptop.... great looking game, but damn.

And besides, while I would love better models, I would rather new and better content then have them make better looking games.

They were until this year, making 4 games at once. Wrath/Cata, Diablo 3, Star Craft 2, and there super secret MMO, in addition the the books and movie. You comment on them making a lot of money.... from everything I have read, they are spending a lot too.

Be patient, it will come....

Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:13 pm 

Lyell wrote:

But it can buy more people to work in the time allotted.

Brooke's Law of Software Development: Adding manpower to a late project makes it later.

Put another way: Nine women can't make a baby in one month. The each take nine for their own kid.

If Blizz wants to 'update the graphics' then they would need to assemble a project to do that. Scope it, budget it, hire the talent, and then do it. This isn't something where you can dovetail someone in here, and someone else in there. They'd only get in the way of the other developers. It'd be like trying to repaint a house DURING the remodeling, not after the remodeling construction is finished.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9
 >> Next