New Topic Post Reply  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:27 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

Technically, the joint you are referring to in both the Worgen and Draenei models would be considered their 'ankle' rather than a 'reversed knee', seeing as the knee is the first join below the hip on legs.

Imagine the Draenei feet as having just a single toe, and that toe's nail is the hoof itself.

Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:51 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

Well, anywayz, new models mean something is going to be lookin a lot cooler. Maybe even that breast jiggle. Jugging from what they did whit Lady Jaina Proudmore, those changes are going to be HUGE!!

I'd rather stand in Hell than kneel in Heaven

Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:31 pm 

Yep i heard it aswell, was good to hear (and would have ben one of the things i would have asked if i ware there)

But i would also want to see the holes filled... (i know how it came out, don't think to much about it)
if you look into the Character folder structure inside the game data
there are some which sould be there my the stucture but technicaly they're arent:
Fel orc Female
Broken Female
Skeleton Female (i know it dosn't have much Erotic value, but Just think of the awesomeness!)

Vrykul Female could have ben here, but it issn't it's a Creature model with very limited skins
Taunka Female could also have here, but i think blizz thinked adding more hair and mane would remove much of the Feminine
Earth Dwarf/Iron Dwarf/Frost Borne/Iron Vrykul, just saying, just try to imagine. besides there is a coulpe of Frozen Frostborne females (theory) at Thunderfall in the Storm Peaks
and a few more

and it doesn't have to end just there, However D?mons and Curse of Flesh (or Purified by metal) and not realy alike
as D?mons do not require a counter part Gender, like most Living (or ex Living) things do

Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:15 pm 

And Blizzard stated before that the next-gen mmo wont take place in any of the currently known universeres.. as far as i know. So that would rule out WoS

Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:58 pm 

Shandelzare wrote:
And Blizzard stated before that the next-gen mmo wont take place in any of the currently known universeres.. as far as i know. So that would rule out WoS

That's correct; I think it was Tigole himself who said it. He moved from WoW to lead developement on the unkown MMo.

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:08 pm 

Sarcastic?, yes

My point is that Starcraft 2 have better models and skins, not to say better Highress models, but that no doubt was chosen to show what they realy could make, and what they could make with ingame graphic cut cutscenes, as only 3 was actualy movie files (Intro, Zeratuls Meeting with Kerrigan, End +every Main breefings window), also not to forget that it is a new title.
for starcraft 2 they used another texture format & Engine (with much higher color limit then 256), and a M3 model format (no idea what the difference to M2 is...)
so they was able to added depths into models, texture controled model shadows, more controled shiney effects, and reflections (such as eyes), and more then that
yes, .DDS textures (which have ben used for many games for atleast 7 years), and if blizz changed to this for wow no doubt that it will trouble a moderate amount of skinners (who have no experience with such textures)

Also changing from BLP to DDS is going to be alot of work...

There are diferent jobs in this part of the Development, Modelers, Skinners, Animators, Effecters & the once who put all that together
and it might actualy be one for each part per model

But also alot of people who play wow do it on a non Gaming PC/Laptop, which is what might be in the way...
blizz could do like they did for starcraft, there is a data achive which removes all blood splatter and other gore stuff
just by have the content from another Data archive replace some of that of another

and yes, It's the head department who pull the strings

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:57 pm 

Depending on how they update the models, it wouldn't be all that difficult (I have no artistic skill, so it would be for me, I do raw ugly code work).
Now, if we are talking a skeletal change to allow more complex models, then that's a challenge (Essentially all animations would have to be redone, or at least made compatible with the new skeleton).
If they haven't started yet, then it won't happen by Cata. But they are hiring a lot of programmers and artists for a 'next-gen' MMO.
Would love to see some improvements though!

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:50 am 

and on the cata beta launcher it says they just recently reached 12 mil users..

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:03 pm 

Cams0x69 wrote:
WoW's graphics were "out of date" at release, just now we're coming up on 2004 era quality.
I do agree with that, I was merely being generous. Lucky for blizzard that NCsoft games aren't actually designed to be fun, because Lineage 2 character models still smoke wow ones, and Aion's are two generations beyond those in terms of sublime gorgeousness. Re: Update: Blizzard's New Character Models

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:27 am 

It isn't free. Re: Update: Blizzard's New Character Models Every single subscriber pays them $15 a month. That's far, far, far more than it takes to cover operational costs. Buyable trinkets and accessories are incidental, cleverly planned cash grabs with a demographic that desires them even though they have no meaningful impact on the game. What characters look like is part and parcel to the basic gameplay experience.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9
 >> Next