Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 40
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:41 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

wowaddict222 wrote:
does warden detect this as a model swap?blizz dosnt seem to care about skins but people get banned for model swaps all the time.just wanted to be sure.
I've been using model edits since before you needed WoWME for model swaps, and no ban. Re: TP's Hi-Res Model Tool (Latest build Jan. 9, 2010)

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:49 pm 

Since its animating the additional bits properly would it be possible to copy say, female Human's main meshes (assuming its higher count, and I think it is...) to say, a female undead model?

In essence an animation swap.

I experimented with doing it in the past but never could get it all right. (not much of a coder, poor attention span ftl)

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:15 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

orangeblue wrote:
I'm having the same problem as Kurikuri. Except I'm trying to open the human models from patch.mpq.

After I ran the tweaker, the human model is all messed up just as Kurikuri described. All the vertices are all over the place, so you just get a mesh of jagged protrusions.

Was this before you did the Hi-res, or after?
Anyhow, here's how to repair it before the hi-res, maybe after:

Silly as it might sound, if you're playing on a computer with an european language / time setting, that will interfere with programs such as 3ds max to read it properly.

I have absolutely no clue as to why that is so, however, to 'fix' this you want to go to Start>control panel>Time, Date, Regional Options> Change your computer's language to English(US) and even your time, date- then reboot. You should now be able to view the models properly in 3ds Max, milkshape and the likes.

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:23 pm 

I really want to test the new version of the tweaker, but mywarcraftstudio crashes when selecting .m2 files. So what mpq extractor are you using?

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:40 pm 

Grrack, that's the general idea but is might take a couple more days... I still can't find why the seams happen, although I dont think it is me.

Guys, these seams grow worse depending on the animation (like dancing). It is very noticeable in the back. Could it be the max export? I did apply the max service pack for version 9. Maybe only the original release works right?

I off to play some more, maybe uninstall and reinstall max (without patch). See how that works.

Update: Duh! It just dawned on me... I was trying to conserve polys, for those of us running in older systems, so I wasn't increasing polys on all the geosets... Of course that was the cause of the "issue" with the seams.

I'll post the model later on today.

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:32 pm 

my guess is you have to drag & drop a file on it, that you want the effect to happen on

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:48 pm 

mightymystical wrote:
... with the limitations of w0w itself...
Where are limitations in WoW?

hrz

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:41 am 

you're not the first one to do that mistake, trust me. XD

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:14 am 

1qazse4 wrote:
so if some1 can spare 2 min and post it id like that

Dude, it's not like there is a huge user base for this program. It's quite possible that nobody has your answer. (I sure don't.) Why don't you take it upon yourself to try to figure it out and then post your results here to help out the next guy who runs into this problem?

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:47 am 

forra wrote:
Now I'm getting unequal UV count errors between my modified OBJs and their source M2 when I try to import said obj back in, apparently because 3DSMax is exporting OBJs with greatly reduced data contents (999kb -> 327 kb). Anyone had that problem?

I'd bet that you aren't having max export texture coordinates. Unless you are explicitly messing with them the easiest way around this problem is to comment out the "bImportTexCoordsFromObj = true" line in the .ini.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 394 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 40
 >> Next