New Topic Post Reply  [ 394 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:53 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

Hah,i never would have thought to see actual nipples in wow.
And to think that its possible to do this with the limitations of wow itself.
Grand Respect to both of you.

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:01 am 

FireKaliber wrote:
Anything I'm doing wrong?

FireKaliber wrote:
I decided to be lazy

I can answer technical questions directly related to my tool, but I can't guide you through the whole process. This is complicated stuff, though, so you'll at least need to be not-lazy enough to, say, read Milkshape's help file.

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:41 am 

There is actually two .M2 files in the expansion, one in the common, one in the patch-2. Are you sure you didn't extract the one from the patch-2 file? I speculate that those are for the DK, and merely hold external reference to the new DK skins as well as the animation changes. The one from the common file works perfectly fine for all races in TP's converter. (Though, as a note, I only tested the females.)

Here are the correct .M2 files for WotLK: (The draenei one already had increased polygons ran once on the breasts, but I can upload the original if its a big deal)
http://www.mediafire.com/?rg0ko3jwzvk

As a few notes:
According to Zilem, there are new player textures, so new naked textures will need to be made (512x512 I heard), though low res setting should keep the textures the same, I haven't experimented much, but custom textures for gear are causing all kinds of problems on live when I logged in earlier today. This also might be because of a DBC edit.

The WotLK character models DO contain the new hair geosets, however some things have shifted around a little, so be wary if you're doing more than just character body model edits, the geoset ID#'s have changed.

The WotLK models do load in the current game version (including the one with the increased polygons) however I did not log into the game world with them and don't know what kind of problems they might come with due to changed IDs. WMV couldn't seem to handle the changes however.

I'd be willing to upload one or two of the new .M2 files to either TP or a similar person who would be capable of dissecting them to see what specifically they contain and how/if they'll affect the model edits for player characters or not.

Seskins wrote:
I just tried the tool with a .M2 file from the 3.0 PTR, and nothing happened, the dos command console just popped up for a split second and disappeared. I usually use MyWarCraftStudio for exporting, but it's crashing when I select *.M2 files in the patch 3.0 common.MPQ file. So I tried Ladik's MPQ Editor. Maybe the files aren't extracted properly? Anyone else got the same problem? If you got it working, what what extracting tool did you use?

I tested the females of: Blood Elves, Draenei, Humans and Night Elves. All of them just gave me a flickering dos window, except the Night Elves, when I tried Night Elf, your tool gave me this error: 'Whoops, elements are out of order' Which, tbh, I can't make any sense out of :p

I used MyWarcraftStudio (0.9 according to the about) to extract the files, as Ladik's gives me an error 5 anytime it tries to open the official MPQs.

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:18 pm 

ill work on this sunday in hopes for possitive results
the tool itself is great
and ur model too
now that i have all info all that is left is a non shreded result
again ty for the detailed explanation

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:14 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

Trollpaxton wrote:
Maybe the head and stuff seem small because her tits are so huge!
Hehe, I thought that was it at first. I was all like "...did I really make them THAT big?" You have to understand that I kinda progressively went larger and larger for my own use, so going up to where they were was more of a gradual transition for me. So now that I've been stuck with itty bitty boobies for a while and went straight there, even I was overwhelmed.

...Until I started running forward. The arms and neck seem to stretch much farther from the body than they should. The texture stretches with them so there doesn't seem to be any seams or gaping holes. This was when I took a further inspection and noticed that the whole trunk of the body and legs seemed to be a different proportion than the arms and the head and neck.

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:09 pm 

4 things could cause the skirt to not appear:

1 - Bliz took those geosets out of the model. That is easily tested by using WMV's Model view and going through the list.

2 - WoW isn't loading your MPQ. Try adding an environment map to your character--it's a very easy way to quickly see if the model you are seeing is the one you are expecting.

3 - The character is wearing the wrong clothes, or boots which override the pants/skirt.

4 - Bliz somehow disabled this system, or my tool stopped working.

#4 is possible, but I have to ask you to first double check the first three.

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:40 am 

Code:
[IncreasePolyCount]
bDivideEdges = true

For some reason it isn't listed in the ini but the option is there and should work.

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:38 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:10%
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:10%

Actually, i think i found the error you have with 3ds Max.
The model you're trying to import should give you a message box with "identical points in face: 20" in one of the lines, and the total amount of polygons should be 7 units less than of the V2.0.
This is a error in the model i fixed today when i tried to reimport it into 3ds max to fix the hair up... it was caused by the eyebrows, which had the tip vertexes "merged" (placed on the exact same spot) for a smaller look. Thus, i moved them apart a bit and scaled them to 25% instead of 0% (so they're not exactly on the same spot) and now it works perfectly again.
the next version i'll upload in a few days will work again...just need to work a bit on the hair.

Guess this could be useful for others to know, that's why i posted it here.

In a easier explanation, take a sphere, grab a nice chunk of the vertexes from it, and then scale the group to 0%, amassing all the vertexes in one single spot. Presto, your model is fucked up Re: TP's Hi-Res Model Tool (Latest build Jan. 9, 2010)
Since you cannot merge vertexes, as that will reduce the polycount, you won't notice it on export; but on re-import, those vertexes are automatically merged by the OBJ importer tool and thus, the model will appear with less polys and not work anymore.

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:35 pm 

EDIT: NVM i found out the mistake

Turns out you HAVE to save a M2 file when you export a OBJ with increased detail, as both have to share the same amount of vertexes.
Silly me Re: TP's Hi-Res Model Tool (Latest build Jan. 9, 2010)

EDIT 2: Okay, that works too.
Bloodelven Females work with View 1 but not View 0 when you start editing them. Atleast the version i used.

Thanks anyway, and thanks to TP for the awesome program Re: TP's Hi-Res Model Tool (Latest build Jan. 9, 2010)
Now it's time to overhaul the characters with taste and without making plate armor look like latex Re: TP's Hi-Res Model Tool (Latest build Jan. 9, 2010)

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:11 pm 

Trollpaxton wrote:
FireKaliber wrote:
Anything I'm doing wrong?

FireKaliber wrote:
I decided to be lazy

I can answer technical questions directly related to my tool, but I can't guide you through the whole process. This is complicated stuff, though, so you'll at least need to be not-lazy enough to, say, read Milkshape's help file.

Very sorry, I just looked in a whole bunch of places and couldn't find what I was looking for, so I just posted here hoping for a responce.

Delete my posts if you want. But thank you very much for your help.

P.S. I like the way your program is set up, it's simple and straightforward. At least thats why I gather just by looking around at some of the details.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 394 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40
 >> Next