Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 40
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:47 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

Trollpaxton wrote:
I'm working on a V2->V3 converter and have what seems to be a working, V3 version of Densetsu's Night Elf model. It would be great if some people could try it out and let me know if they have any problems with it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yvdih1mffxw

It works perfectly if repacked with the first anim files.

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:49 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

Trollpaxton wrote:
Unfortunately, my RL situation won't let me continue working on this stuff anymore. However, I can give you my latest build of the tool, as well as the sources in case people are interested. I don't think that there is anything in this new build that is really changed (mostly it was just me trying to get old files to load), but I can't be sure.

Tool, release 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?jlndz3nvm0t
Sources (C++): http://www.mediafire.com/?tyljvsymm2e

Happy modding!
When you say "this stuff" do you mean the HR tool, or anything to do with wow editing? Because if it's the latter, that's a mega Re: TP's Hi-Res Model Tool (Latest build Jan. 9, 2010)

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:48 am 

Trollpaxton wrote:
I messed around with the BloodElf a little bit, and in the process discovered the wonderful Taper tool. I made her breasts and hips a bit bigger, and then her ass even bigger. Pretty curvy now. It's not a very good edit by any means but it amused me so I'll post it anyway.

Re: TP's Hi-Res Model Tool (Latest build Jan. 9, 2010)

http://www.mediafire.com/?yztwytjmzog

Haha, nice. Re: TP's Hi-Res Model Tool (Latest build Jan. 9, 2010) Thanks for all the help, btw. Now i'm getting an issue doing something that worked fine in the past -- vertices along the edge that connects the torso geoset to the upper legs geoset don't want to double while everything else on both sides does.

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:39 am 

Densetsu wrote:
Re: TP's Hi-Res Model Tool (Latest build Jan. 9, 2010)Re: TP's Hi-Res Model Tool (Latest build Jan. 9, 2010)Re: TP's Hi-Res Model Tool (Latest build Jan. 9, 2010)

Houston, we have lift-off.

And here we see our second problem with making larger boobs, the texture is way too stretched out because its not meant to cover such a large area with such a small amount of pixels. The problem of low pixel textures was partially fixed by TP, but it had a rather bad side effect. If we could somehow change the coding of the game to turn all the armor in the game into the same resolution as the overall skin (which is what I'm assuming is why the armor will not work), it would be perfect. Either that, or we just shouldn't make model edits that stretch the textures out quite so much.

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:56 am 

Yes I checked that it swapped the geosets but it still just hides the sleeves ingame and i am using the right leggins

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:31 am 

Anyone got a link to the newest of his Hi-Res tools?

I only have an older version and I'm itching to redo the nightelves/trolls, which it doesn't seem to like the newer models. =-p

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:05 am 

Wierd...I thought the old version was gone from mediafire, but here it seems to be. Definitely try R2 first, and only try R3 if it doesn't work. (R3 is built from the sources currently on my HD, but who knows what debug shit I may have put in there or broken.)

_R2:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jlndz3nvm0t

_R3:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wyytm1ow0jh

Sorry for the shittiness, I'm still really short on time these days.

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:07 am 

Have tried limiting to just the main body geoset, still getting a black screen. I'm just editing the live ones atm, I know it's kinda wasted, but I can't get 3.0 models to work with the model tweaker anyway.

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:05 am 

When i try to convert m2 to obj

Obj file doesn't have the same number of verts as the m2 file, check your files.

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:14 am 

thesixth wrote:
Now, when I try to use the (R2 version) tool on 3.0.3 models, the app spam-tells me 'Assumption failed'.
While trying to use this on 2.4.3 models the app says it can't read that version of the m2.

"Assumption failed" means that there was an error reading a particular "view" of the model. WoW character models have 4 (some have 2) different views. To my knowledge, every character model has at least 1 working view. (Usually #0, but for nelf females it seems to be #1.) The solution is to tell the tool to strip out all the failed views. I forget what the option is but I'm sure I've explained this before somewhere in this thread. Re: TP's Hi-Res Model Tool (Latest build Jan. 9, 2010)[*]

-----

Sorry, I don't have a link to the latest version. Re: TP's Hi-Res Model Tool (Latest build Jan. 9, 2010) I don't know why it was removed from MediaFire.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 394 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 40
 >> Next