New Topic Post Reply  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re...
Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:57 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

Alpha Centauri took things far worse than civ 2, but gabs nice like himself create the units (from Master of Orion 2 stolen)
but it looked stupid and somehow ^ ^ haulich been

Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:58 am 

I'll give you some big law , but it is superior to the graphics Civ second that was ya really very pixelated (I still remember the Riflemen, the gun was only a scharz pixel strips) is.
But Alpha Centauri of 98 or 99, more than 10 years old. Do not play these games because the graphics, gameplay is the only thing that counts.

Both games are awesome, but Alpha Centauri has brought innovations that today (Civ 5) it has not returned to the series have done
About Civ: CTP I have unfortunately no useful find reviews, but quote to CTP2 the following:.. What the original was intended to be - but it's still no Alpha Centauri

Clear everyone has their own preferences. And if you would compare sales figures, Alpha Centauri would be quite at the bottom. It has its time, probably due to marketing mistakes, only sold very little. Is is not well known, but still applies to many as the best .

So if anyone wants to play one of the game, I'm always for that.

Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:09 pm 

Sky light with quote
Both games in the Civilization series.

Alpha Centauri as older caliber. It is the direct successor of Civ2 multiplayer. The ship, which it has sent there depends on Alpha Centauri.
The setting is a slightly bleak-inspired alien world populated one.
The gameplay is typical of Civ, with a few exceptions. Diplomacy is much better than in the Civ-main sequence, there are many possibilities. Similarly, the unit system is extended with a prototype system in which one can find handicrafts prefabricated units of all arms and armor, and enhancements (eg, increased visibility / AA battery) even his units.
Alpha Centauri is the best Civ ever. The setting is as avid Civ player woh easy getting used to, but parallels can be discerned from the first second.

Civ: CTP has also been a few years, but the graphics still look. It was not developed as Civ 2 of Microprose, but from Activision. The game is a typical Civ, but with some improvements. E.g. would the trading system and the system for ground improvements developed. Also, the game ends only in 3000 AC, and offers some future technologies.
All in all not much different than the typical Civ game, I think it is to play something more exciting / enjoyable.

I think Alpha Cantruri also the best part of the series, unfortunately the game requires Windows 98 or NT, it does not matter with me.

Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:34 am 

I can not agree. Alpha Centauri runs on all operating systems.

Ignore the CPU type Unsupported message and continue.
If the games exits just after this, try to open the file and change Alpha Centauri.ini ForceOldVoxelAlgorithm ForceOldVoxelAlgorithm = 0 to = 1 (in the preferences section).

You probably think this If you're not setting changes, not the game running on 64-bit CPUs.

Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:45 am 

Sky light with quote
The can not agree with me. Alpha Centauri runs on all operating systems.

Ignore the CPU type Unsupported message and continue.
If the games exits just after this, try to open the file and change Alpha Centauri.ini ForceOldVoxelAlgorithm ForceOldVoxelAlgorithm = 0 to = 1 (in the preferences section).

You probably think this If you're not setting changes, not the game running on 64-bit CPUs.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it for a spin.

Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:22 am 

The good old think Alpha Centauri * dream *

japp it is a pity that Firaxis has failed because of poor marketing on the sales figures to be discouraged. Although you have to say that some of the features of the game also uin the later civs eigeflossen are: 6 levels of experience for Units (CivIII), in attenuated form, the 'civics' (Civ IV and also a little V) 'Weltconzil' (Civ IV but strong UN RESTRICTED) The best was still that the Planni itself has turned against one if you ignored at rucksichtslos with him, and had even against your best weapon and actually Rustungssysteme keineen effect (spoiler here, I do not what you should use; op), and also to investigate the possibility of blind, both made of a large challenge to the game. As containing said: Too bad that one has too much of the sales figures to be impressed.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2