New Topic Post Reply  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:16 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

True enough. The reason I even mentioned it is because I do the m2mod stuff on a separate machine and keep things synced via Dropbox but I can live without the date stuff, for sure. Re: M2Mod tool + Cromon's Injector (v4.03)(2011.01.14)

(Editing since I don't want to overflow this thread with posts.)

I went through and tweaked a model a bit and exported it. All went flawlessly. I do have a question though, if you guys happen to know: she's doing the eyebrow dance. I mean, when she looks to the sides (draenei chick) she sort of frowns a bit. This is for some reason "magnified" and it looks a little silly. I wonder if I forgot to tweak some proportion somewhere. Is eyebrow furrowing made via a separate object? Or should I mod the main face object? *confused but happy*

Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:49 pm 

keinikaidoh wrote:
You are looking at the right place but not hitting the nail. =P use method 2. Method 1 left my character with armor textured eyebrows XD. Method 2 does not mess with anything, it lets you choose which mesh you wish to replace. just make sure the vertecies between your mesh replacements line up.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like method 2 solves the camera issue? The m2i will show the camera (being nowhere near where I exported it out to, which is an issue I had earlier that basically took running multiple versions of blender and constant import/export until the camera was actually in the position I wanted it to be), but when the model is loaded in-game, it acts as though the camera was never moved. I double checked and have no options enabled. Re: M2Mod tool + Cromon's Injector (v4.03)(2011.01.14)

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:16 am 

So i tried running the game after exporting and packing as an mpq, it crashed instnatly upon loading a draenei, so i dont think the model is working quite right, I included all the .skin files and even added the .anim files from patch-2.mpq

As a side note I loaded some of the model edits you made with this tool into WMV and they looked normal, so maybe its my blender?

Im sort of at a loss, really unfortunate since this tool was exactly what i was looking for.

the error was a memory access violation which doesnt normally happen in my experience over a missin/changed model file in wow

Also rapidshare is no longer hosting my blend, id ahve to re post it if anyone wanted to check it out

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:16 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

Can't say i'm not curious, how do you edit animations?

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:21 pm 

Actually, do you know if there's a format Blender exports that 3DS can import, that keeps all of the data you mentioned?

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:28 pm 

No sorry, it's impossible to do a straight conversion, sorry if you were getting your hopes up... It will take some elbow grease and blender skills to update old edits. It involves using the Bone Weight Copy feature to fix the bone weights. I'm working on a new guide now, I'll put it up soon.

Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:38 am 

I'm a noob to blender so please don't yell at me, but when I use the sculpt tool on a character model, and then load the MPQ made with the files into the game,

it crashes. Is there a reason for this? Or are you not supposed to use the sculpt tool?

Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:21 am 

wtb the support for mirror modifier correctly setting up the bones so it wont break the animation :<
or another way of editing the mesh while preserving symmetry

oh, and this is a great tool indeed thanks a bunch
finally I can edit the models freely

Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:52 pm 

Ok, I released an update, no at version 4.02, fixed the IgnoreExtras option, actually removed it and split it up into IgnoreBones, IgnoreAttachments, and IgnoreCameras. Let me know if there's anything else that needs fixing.

PS. F U Blizz, why you gotta nerf us?

And no, there isn't any way to rotate bones, they are stored as points in the M2 so there's no concept of orientation or anything.

Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:56 am 

Hey Redaxle, I been using your tool lately along with Trolls and I can't get any of them to come out properly I tried making a simple edit to a blood elf. I been using blender and Have done the editing pretty well except I do have a few open areas in my models could that be called breaking the model. Also I was wondering do I have to apply the skins to the model I am editing during the blender edit phase cause I have only been using the skins to pack up with the M2. I also been wondering is there a way to bypass 65535 geosets I seen other model edits do it like Se Skins. I been getting seen my edits in model view they all appear OK but when I load the model in game it instantly crashes.

Well after few days of frustration I was about to give up but then I try using a night elf model and to my surprise It worked. I guess there is something wrong with Se Skins models cause I keep getting corrupt file and alot of errors I almost flooded my computer >.<. But all in all this is what I came out with still has a few minor bugs but I can twink it ty for an Awesome mod Re: M2Mod tool + Cromon's Injector (v4.03)(2011.01.14). LoL or maybe it wasn't SeSkins model but how I was exporting I forgot to select all of the bones, meshes, and cameras hehe.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a229/ ... 110452.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a229/ ... 110502.jpg

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
 >> Next