Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC [ DST ]

New Topic Post Reply  [ 6 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: ModelSwapper Alternative
Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:00 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

Since today Model Swap V.9 by Glitchy stopped working or perhaps Blizzard broke the Cache Files i don't know.

But all i'm trying to do is swap http://www.wowhead.com/item=50413 with the Heroic Version and there is NO way to get it to work anymore.

I have tried to reinstall Model Swap, Delete the Cache...all things possible. But nothing works. Yesterday everything worked perfect : /

Anyone now of this issue?

Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:00 am 

Fabiola wrote:
Nevermind all this now, it's 100% broken now in 4.0.1. Farewell Cache item changes..gonna miss them.
The cache changes definitely still work, although it's possible any means of automating it has been broken...

Find the display IDs for the items you want to swap and change them with a hex editor in the Item.adb file, as per this:
http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/model-editing/tools-guides/307905-gear-swap-how-gear-swap-hex-editor-4-0-1-a.html

(EDIT: Hopefully it's OK to post that link here, this place is fairly new to me so if it's a problem I can remove it and simply describe what needs to be done)

My 74 mage is running around in heirloom gear that looks an awful lot like the t5 mage set with the staff of argus Re: ModelSwapper Alternative.

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:38 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

I tried that one yesterday but at the start up it asks for an an update wich gives an error.

And the problem is that MPQ Patches don't work with 4.0.1 so i want to stick with Cache changes like Model Swap.

EDIT:

I just noticed that i can swap the Heroic version with the Normal, but not Normal with Heroic anymore.

Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:05 pm 

Fabiola wrote:
I tried that one yesterday but at the start up it asks for an an update wich gives an error.

And the problem is that MPQ Patches don't work with 4.0.1 so i want to stick with Cache changes like Model Swap.

EDIT:

I just noticed that i can swap the Heroic version with the Normal, but not Normal with Heroic anymore.

The update feature never works, you can safely leave it unchecked, and don't even let it look for updates. I'm not familiar with cache changes, but I don't think there's anything you can do to get anything to work with Cata stuff right now.

Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:25 pm 

The version I use is found here: http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-of- ... 3-0-a.html . I don't know of any reason why it would suddenly stop working... your probably messed up your installation... I did that myself once. Maybe install this latest version?

Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:00 pm 

Nevermind all this now, it's 100% broken now in 4.0.1. Farewell Cache item changes..gonna miss them.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 6 posts ]