New Topic Post Reply  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Alan's Women of Steel
Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:49 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

A little word before: I tried various skins, before I did my own. But always there was a thing about my main char, that was a little annoying. (Beware, storyline inc. ^^)
We have here a Bloodelf Girl, a member of the Blood Knights, sent to bring the Holy Wrath to all, who dare to lay on Hands against the Innocent. Risen as the daughter of a Silvermoon Blacksmith, she learned the skills of Mining and Smithing. Later, when she went on Adventure, her favorite Areas where mostly the dry, sunny plains such as Badlands, the Barrens, Thousand Needles. She was most of the time among with Taurens, Orcs, Trolls. She wears big, two-handed Weapons and a lot of Ore and Bars. Later she did a long time with the Maghar, that means, water and Maghar-Bread. And such civilsation things like Red-Painted Nails and time for a body shave were not important, out there in the wilderness of Nagrand. So one day, a battle-steeled Maghar Orcess walked across my accidental-short-zoomed camera and i knewd:
"This is it." A little Search in the MPQ's, a bit colouring, drawing and making hairy-textures and a unexpected, but not bad, failure by switching from RBG-Mode to Indexed Colours, caused by a forgotten filter-choice and i had, what i wanted.
... There was no question, that my other chars, all of them hard, battle expirienced, uncivilisated Women of Weapons, should wear the same skin to make the enemys one clear. If you stand before they... you stand on the wrong side.

So here they are:
aaand
BackView
Alan's Women of Steel

And here the Patch-File!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZX0ZONXI

The edited skintones are easy to find, just look at the Arms or the Throat of the Char, while switching through the skins (in case your char wears clothes Alan's Women of Steel )

there are some Armors in that patch. Most of them will be simple to gather, for they are buyable, bossdrops*, crafted** or quest rewards***. Some are random drops**** :/ but... changing the texture is not the thing XD:
-Leggings of the Ursa***
-Revenant Chestplate**** (of the Bear)
-Polished Breastplate of Valor
-Cobrahn's Grasp* (work as the seethrough-pants of my (very hairy) Nelf >=})
-Ornate Mithril Pants**
-Nightscape Pants**
-Belt of the den Watcher*** (I just made it invisible... it disturbes the fine line between the back and the butt of my huntress Alan's Women of Steel
-Honourguard Chestplate***
-Lost Reliquary Chestguard*
-Legplates of Steel Implants*
-Flame-Bathed Steel Girdle* (again... it disturbes... switch to invisible)
-Lightsworn Chestguard* and Lightsworn Legguards* (one word to this: best be worn toghether, i modified them, after i had both. i loved the style of a shaman t-? in bc, exactly the armorparts on the hip, but i hat to combine the lower torso and upper leg textures to set it right. a little present for all the pala-tanks out there Alan's Women of Steel go get it >=D)
-Runed Copper Pants**

At least i want to thank some people for doing this.
First Zilem, every time i logged in you were by me ^^ and i still try to bring back your excellent Darnassus-Sentinels >=)
Trollpaxton, for a good-understandable guide in things of packing MPQs
Magius... without your model, my Human will never be the same X(:::: thanks blizz o,..O
Jenn for my first bushy Nelf >=P
SwiftLippin for the first expirience with buffy-females (damn, what did i modify this skins, till i stumbled about the Maghar. most of the trial and error-phase goes to this textures) and one of the coolest forum avatars, i've ever seen.
the nameless blizzard employee, who draw the maghar-skins.
but also finally the rest of the community on nude mod, a nice place to login evry day ;P

Think i wait, till im sure, patches work furthermore and then i will go to work, making the skins available for all skintones and even trolls ;P (the troll looked great, but since i play no troll, i deleted the blp and forgot to made a backup.) Now gimme feedback, nude moders ^.^ try and enjoy!

Yours Alan.

Post subject: Re Alan's Women of Steel
Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:49 pm 

Really, really like 'em. Not to slander but the ones we've seen so far have been kinda awkward or just quite not there. But these make it look like the characters are MADE that way.

Def like the "raw" look of the crotch and the "boyish" nipples. Jolly good.

Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:50 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

Zilem wrote:
What Rhyxali & Mightymystical is talking about is that the hoof What Rhyxali & Mightymystical is talking about is that the hoof area of the texture only have a single color
Now lets your draenei texture have used up it's 256 colors (which it have)
But if you go trough the color table you will notice that the face uses a numbers of colors that's not used anyway on the texture
So if you mark the head area and use a color that is already on the color table you will have a handfull of more color which you can use on the Hoof area.

and fear not the Head area is not used, it's underneath the Face Textures (and that also includes: Tail, Ear, Mouth, Eyelid and Horn)

Really? I didn't know that. Is that for all races? Is it there for NPCs or just a leftover or something?

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:39 pm 

The armor change works, but the skin doesn't work in my game. Need help.

Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:56 pm 

Looks really well made!

Wish there was an "abs only" version with smoothed out graphics everywhere :3

Kinda dont like such bold legs etc.

But still! well done!

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:06 am 

Well done, Alan. Keep it up. Re: Alan's Women of Steel

Last edited by on Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:40 pm 

Yeah Zilem is IMHO the best moderator on the internets. We are lucky to have him here. There are places on DN I won't ever post because I don't like how they are modded. So please be nice when he's being playful. And besides that, thanks for the info about the skins, I can improve my textures now if and when I decide to redo the orc-skinned belfs and belf-shaped orcs mod. With only 256 colors to play with, every color is precious, you don't want to waste them on faces that aren't even being used.

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:44 am 

well ... the mod 4.0.3a is no working ... ?

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:16 am 

nice, but i have a huge problem with that nasty charcoal jumanji-fest in the front- what program would i use to edit this texture? the muscle texture is fantastic but every time i see the crotch i feel like shaving MYself raw (and i'm running the "shaved" version)

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:50 am 

I had last this error, when i clicked to early play on the launcher, the writing of the cache-file error'd. so i copied it in again and let it write with an open eye on the folder, when it's done. After, it worked again. So... best is, copy it in and take a drink Re: Alan's Women of Steel

A word to tha draenei: it's next in my tasklist (following Troll, then Human). There is still this annoying problem with the legs and the hooves. Ok, the dark Draenei, i changed, has Blizzard Originally no Hoove Textures. Maybe i lend them from another Tone. But the change from humanlike leg to that goatlike leg it's a work for guys, who love to pixel... or artists with a mousehand like clint eastwoods shoothand. Well... I'll do my best.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next